Commission Says Christian Business Owners Should Leave Religion At Home

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I wished I lived there.. I'd find a Black owned business and demand they do something with Confederate Flags and KKK Robes.

The Human Rights Commission in Lexington, Kentucky has a chilling message for Christian business owners who refuse service to LGBT organizations: leave your religion at home.
“It would be safe to do so, yes,” Executive Director Raymond Sexton told me. “Or in this case you can find yourself two years down the road and you’re still involved in a legal battle because you did not do so.”

::::::::

“No one should be forced by the government or by another citizen to endorse or promote ideas with which they disagree,” said ADF attorney Jim Campbell. “Blaine declined to the request to print the shirts not because of any characteristic of the people who asked for them, but because of the message that the shirts would communicate.”
ADF also pointed out that Hands On Originals has a history of doing business with the LGBT community as well has hiring LGBT workers.
But Sexton told me the law is the law. And in Lexington it’s against the law to discriminate against the LGBT community – regardless of religious beliefs.

I wished I lived there.. I'd find a Black owned business and demand they do something with Confederate Flags and KKK Robes.

The Human Rights Commission in Lexington, Kentucky has a chilling message for Christian business owners who refuse service to LGBT organizations: leave your religion at home.
“It would be safe to do so, yes,” Executive Director Raymond Sexton told me. “Or in this case you can find yourself two years down the road and you’re still involved in a legal battle because you did not do so.”

“No one should be forced by the government or by another citizen to endorse or promote ideas with which they disagree,” said ADF attorney Jim Campbell. “Blaine declined to the request to print the shirts not because of any characteristic of the people who asked for them, but because of the message that the shirts would communicate.”
ADF also pointed out that Hands On Originals has a history of doing business with the LGBT community as well has hiring LGBT workers.
But Sexton told me the law is the law. And in Lexington it’s against the law to discriminate against the LGBT community – regardless of religious beliefs.
Those who live there are glad you don't.

Otherwise you've managed once again to only exhibit your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause (Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States (1964)).

And public accommodations laws do not violate the First Amendment because they seek only to prohibit discrimination, not religious expression (Employment Division v. Smith (1990)).

Last, your reference to a black own business and Confederate flags is ridiculous, hateful, and inane, having nothing whatsoever to do with the issue.

Time to disband Human Rights Commissions. I know that Canada had some problems with theirs and they moved to shut some of them down. Maybe we should ask Clayton how things are playing out in his homeland.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't agree with the Commision's callace disregard for people of faith. While I think they're more than a little mentally ill, I respect their right to have such beliefs thus having an official agency say that is out of line.

Think whoever said it should be the one to leave their private beliefs at home, not the religious businesses. I dis religion often, but if I'm on the job acting in an official capacity I'll follow the law and leave my personal feelings out of it.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't agree with the Commision's callace disregard for people of faith. While I think they're more than a little mentally ill, I respect their right to have such beliefs thus having an official agency say that is out of line.

Think whoever said it should be the one to leave their private beliefs at home, not the religious businesses. I dis religion often, but if I'm on the job acting in an official capacity I'll follow the law and leave my personal feelings out of it.

Human Rights Commissions are agents of a different religion, Liberalism, so your understanding would be improved by looking at this as one religion waging war on a competitor religion.

Forum List

Back