Common Sense & Mass Murder

Yes they had a low number of guns per capita always. When they started heaving problems they made sure it stayed that way. And now they have much lower homicide rates than us.

They didn't have a problem......they had easy access to guns and their criminals did not use them to murder people.....

The banned guns, and they still have low gun murder...nothing changed.....it isn't guns you dipstick...it is culture....and their culture is changing.
They have always had few guns per capita. Your lies get old. It is culture, gun culture. We have it, they don't.

SO move we won;t miss you
I'm glad you realize you have lost the debate.

You're not debating you are trolling

you have not presented any links or any other cogent arguments other than you think that murder is a one variable equation.

You ignore socioeconomic, historical, political and legal aspects that all contribute to the level of crime and violence present in any society because you are incapable of understanding such complex relationships
Are you blind?

I've linked many times. Remember my comparing the us to japan? Let me find it again.

They didn't have a problem......they had easy access to guns and their criminals did not use them to murder people.....

The banned guns, and they still have low gun murder...nothing changed.....it isn't guns you dipstick...it is culture....and their culture is changing.
They have always had few guns per capita. Your lies get old. It is culture, gun culture. We have it, they don't.

you have not presented any links or any other cogent arguments other than you think that murder is a one variable equation.

You ignore socioeconomic, historical, political and legal aspects that all contribute to the level of crime and violence present in any society because you are incapable of understanding such complex relationships
Are you blind?

I've linked many times. Remember my comparing the us to japan? Let me find it again.

No you get one stat: gun ownership

Then you try to say that gun ownership is the only cause of murder rates and crime

Are you blind?

Then you try to say that gun ownership is the only cause of murder rates and crime
I pointed out that Japan has a MUCH lower incarceration rate. As does EVERY other country in the world. What they have is strong gun control and a tiny homicide rate.

Only if you are an idiot.....

Those countries had low gun crime and murder rates before they banned guns...and that didn't change after they banned and confiscated guns....

That means banning guns had no effect on crimes that were rare in the first place, you asshat.
Yes they had a low number of guns per capita always. When they started heaving problems they made sure it stayed that way. And now they have much lower homicide rates than us.

There is no debate. It is you or the highway. You lie to much in your agendas. We don't trust you. Comparing Japan to the United States. That is like comparing Mother Theresa to Charlie Manson. You have spent hundreds of billions of dollars on all the ph ukn we do with each other and it is worse. Do what many people do who have not acted out. Think of ph uks who have messed with you and picture their face on the victims. A good start for you is to get your media political shills to back off on the gun issues agendas and start acting as reporters. For they have done their duty in murder in this nation.

Right wing hate radio and the NRA have driven you fuckers crazy. There is no common sense in our gun laws. Your father - unless you're a real rarity or very young - wasn't armed all the time, because he wasn't afraid all the time. This is a new need ginned up through marketing in the past 30 years. Gun nuts are scared. All the time.

What distinguishes a criminal from a law abiding citizen?

I know from experience, having a gun in one's possession can have some people act recklessly, when they should not have acted at all.
Q. What are common sense regulations

A. Licensing & Registration
  • Each individual state which wants to can pass legislation requiring anyone in their state, who wants to own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm needs to:
    • Pass a gun safety course
    • Pass a background check
    • Register and insure their firearms
    • Have never been convicted of a crime of violence; detain as a danger to themselves or others, or been served with a protective order, to stay away from anyone.

How does passing a safety course prevent gun violence?

How does registering your gun prevent gun violence?

And most states already have these types of laws on the books.

And none of them would have prevented the vast majority of the mass murders.

So it appears that your common sense legislation is already in effect, but isn't stopping the gun violence.

So give us some laws that would actually curb the violence we have.

The idea that no solution exists is your strength. The fact is I've told you and others dozens of times that gun controls are not a panacea curing gun violence. So stop asking this stupid question.

Why do we have speed limits, cars can go faster than the speed limits. Would you like to drive your family to the store when drivers ignore red lights, speed limits, stop signs and straying onto the wrong side of the road?

We require those who want to drive to secure a license to do so. They must prove by a driving and written test to obtain the license, and when they prove to not be responsible that license can be suspended or revoked; and even then some will continue to drive.

Wrong....no one says no solution exists....we say that what you propose.....gun registration, licensing gun owners, universal background checks...

Do not work.

what actually works and what we keep telling you works....long prison sentences for using a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder..... you don't want to admit that because you don't care about actual gun crime....you only care about getting normal people to stop owning guns...

Japan demonstrates this strategy....

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
You ignore the fact we have the fullest jails in the world. If jailing more criminals was the answer we would have the lowest crime rates in the world!

you ignore the fact that we lock up mostly nonviolent offenders.

In county jails. St Prison is a different animal. Violent crimes (in CA) are not eligible for probation, use a gun, got to prison is in place. Murder, Robbery, rape, child molestation and other violent felonies will result in a St. Prison Sentence.

Right wing hate radio and the NRA have driven you fuckers crazy. There is no common sense in our gun laws. Your father - unless you're a real rarity or very young - wasn't armed all the time, because he wasn't afraid all the time. This is a new need ginned up through marketing in the past 30 years. Gun nuts are scared. All the time.

Moron........

It is against the law to use a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder.

It is against the law for a felon to buy, own or carry a gun.

It is against the law to knowingly sell a gun to a criminal.

We already have those laws in place....break any of them and you get arrested and go to prison....

We are covered...but thanks for posting your crap anyway.

Are you blind?

I pointed out that Japan has a MUCH lower incarceration rate. As does EVERY other country in the world. What they have is strong gun control and a tiny homicide rate.

And you think it's solely because of their gun laws because that is obviously the only difference between Japan and the US

How does passing a safety course prevent gun violence?

How does registering your gun prevent gun violence?

And most states already have these types of laws on the books.

And none of them would have prevented the vast majority of the mass murders.

So it appears that your common sense legislation is already in effect, but isn't stopping the gun violence.

So give us some laws that would actually curb the violence we have.

The idea that no solution exists is your strength. The fact is I've told you and others dozens of times that gun controls are not a panacea curing gun violence. So stop asking this stupid question.

Why do we have speed limits, cars can go faster than the speed limits. Would you like to drive your family to the store when drivers ignore red lights, speed limits, stop signs and straying onto the wrong side of the road?

We require those who want to drive to secure a license to do so. They must prove by a driving and written test to obtain the license, and when they prove to not be responsible that license can be suspended or revoked; and even then some will continue to drive.

Wrong....no one says no solution exists....we say that what you propose.....gun registration, licensing gun owners, universal background checks...

Do not work.

what actually works and what we keep telling you works....long prison sentences for using a gun to commit a rape, robbery or murder..... you don't want to admit that because you don't care about actual gun crime....you only care about getting normal people to stop owning guns...

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
You ignore the fact we have the fullest jails in the world. If jailing more criminals was the answer we would have the lowest crime rates in the world!

In county jails. St Prison is a different animal. Violent crimes (in CA) are not eligible for probation, use a gun, got to prison is in place. Murder, Robbery, rape, child molestation and other violent felonies will result in a St. Prison Sentence.

How about the total of all state and federal?

OK so let's look at federal gun laws

Tell me which federal guns laws lack common sense and then tell me what common sense there is in nit enforcing the laws we already have on the books

The 6 year old, 13 year old and a young man murdered by a gun lost their right to life, liberty and happiness.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

It's past time to reevaluate the Second Amendment, and to face the reality that the majority of members of Congress put their job security first, in spite of the costs in blood and treasure that their inaction allows. There is enough ambiguity in the wording of the 2nd to allow Congress, and/or State Legislatures or City Councils to pass regulations which protect the people they represent.

Then let the NRA go broke defending their outdated policies.

Say Comrade shit fer brains, doesn't California have the most regressive gun laws in the nation? Isn't California the least free state in the union with extreme anti-gun laws that even attack the ability to buy ammunition?

So why did the restrictive and aggressive infringement on civil liberties stop this?

Are you blind?

Doesn't Japan have a much HIGHER suicide rate than America? Don't you of the anti-liberty side use suicide as one of the MAJOR statistics in your war to end civil rights?

Are you blind?

Doesn't Japan have a much HIGHER suicide rate than America? Don't you of the anti-liberty side use suicide as one of the MAJOR statistics in your war to end civil rights?

No as far as Brain dead is concerned the only difference between Japan and the US is gun laws

“It is on every single one of us to make this right”: Beto O’Rourke holds back tears while reacting to the news of a deadly shooting in his hometown of El Paso, Texas.

Do not work.

---

How about the total of all state and federal?

I've only consulted in NY, Wash St. and Colorado. How would I know these numbers, besides, I've been retired nearly two decades.

Are you blind?

No as far as Brain dead is concerned the only difference between Japan and the US is gun laws

LOL

"El Paso is the strongest place in the world. This community is going to come together.” ⁠ - President Beto

Forum List

Back