Comrade Trump Jr. compares Syrian Refugees to Skittles

EVERY immigrant group has been feared and defiled by those who mistrust people who are "not like us"

Radical Muslims like to kill people who are not like them.

Yes, but the number of radical Muslims in the world is shockingly small. Less than 1% of the entire Muslim population is estimated to be radicalized:

How many Muslim extremists are there? Just the facts, please.

FactCheck: how many of the world’s Muslims are radicalised?

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

So you are prepared to let 99 people die, because 1 person might, do harm to Americans. And yet, you want all Americans to have the right to own guns, in spite of the fact that 35,000 people die every year because of them. It is the most indefensible argument against saving refugee lives ever promulgated.

It's Islamophobia at it's worst, and what you're saying is that one American life is worth more than 100 lives of non-Americans. Cowardly, venal, and not worthy of any nation that wants the world to think of it as "great".

White supremacist: "let's ban all
Since Trump is going to throw out the Mexicans and the Middle Easterners, he might as well seal the Canadian border as well, so that we can keep Justin Bieber out. I have also been very suspicious of the Hawaiians, as well, since the guy who shot John Lennon came from there. Also, something has to be done about the Dutch, coming over here and spreading Dutch Elm disease...

Are there Eleven Million Canadians living here illegally?

Are there large terrorist networks in Canada that wish to conduct a Holy War against US?

Are you completely full of shit?

Are you too stupid to realize he's mocking your retarded ass?

Are you too stupid to realize that I pointed out that his analogy was fucking retarded?

I'll take this as a yes.

I used to be a republican, but I just could not keep up with the program. I was raised to hate the communists and blacks. I was taught that the only good commie was one that we had nuked. For the most part, that meant Russians and North Koreans. Later, they added the Chinese and Cubans. About the time I got with that program, they told me to hate the North Vietnamese, even more. Meantime, they started telling me that feminists were evil, because they wanted an equal rights amendment. There was a period when I was supposed to distrust the Egyptians, and, of course, the Libyans. But I really started to lose track when it came to Latin America. I could not keep it straight as to who we hated the most. Now, it is a little simpler, because I am supposed to hate pretty much anyone who lives in this country who speaks Spanish, and anyone from the Middle East who wears arab head gear. As a sideline, I am supposed to hate anyone who is gay, or transgender. I had to give up and become a democrat. I just could not keep track. They would do well to publish a weekly program as to who our enemies are, and their relative hate and distrust scale, perhaps color coded.

Fantastic post. This seems to sum up the Republican agenda in a profound (and entertaining) way.

What is with you Trump supporters?

When the Republican Party sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing the KKK. They're bringing the Nazis. They're racists. Some, I assume, are good people.

I have never said all Syrians are terrorists. I have pointed out, though, that the Obama Terrorist Experts have warned Obama that terrorists have infiltrated the ranks of Syrian Refugees AND that Barry's 'vetting' process has not caught them

YOU, on the other hand, implied all Irish are drunks.

No one has said that all syrians are terrorists.

Liberals just lie about what conservatives say.

It is the only way they can "win" arguments.

Where in Trumps "Skittle" analogy does he make room for some Syrians not being terrorists?

My God.

The bowl is full. THREE of them will kill you/are terrorists.

HOW CAN YOU THINK HE IS CLAIMING THEY ALL WILL KILL YOU/ARE TERRORISTS?

Are you insane?

I don't see how I can explain this any simpler without you being here so I can actually help you count a bowl of skittles.
Here we go:

Donald Trump Jr. inadvertently encourages America to scoop up refugees by the handful

If you do the math on the analogy you can read here:
-------------------------------------------------------
So let's figure out what the analogy is. The libertarian (and Koch brothers-backed) think tank Cato Institute published a report last week assessing the risk posed by refugees. That report stated that, each year, the risk to an American of being killed by a refugee in a terror attack is 1 in 3.64 billion, as Huffington Post's Elise Foley noted on Twitter. From the report:

From 1975 through 2015, the annual chance that an American would be murdered in a terrorist attack carried out by a foreign-born terrorist was 1 in 3,609,709. Foreigners on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) killed zero Americans in terrorist attacks, whereas those on other tourist visas killed 1 in 3.9 million a year. The chance that an American would be killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee was 1 in 3.64 billion a year.

In other words, for every 10.92 billion years that Americans live — one Skittle, if you will — refugees will kill an American in a terror attack in three.

An actual Skittle is about 1 centimeter squared by about a half a centimeter tall (or thereabouts). Setting aside questions of stacking the oblong Skittles in this very large bowl by assuming each will occupy two-thirds of that volume, we're talking about one-and-a-half Olympic swimming pools of Skittles. Wrigley produces 200 million Skittles a day, so this is the entire production line for more than 54 days, transported to an oversized swimming pool and dumped in to the top. And in that pool: Three poison Skittles.
---------------------------------------------------------

They go on to predict the odds you will get poisoned:

---------------------------------------------------------
Well, it could be one, of course, if the poisoned ones are distributed evenly through the giant pool-and-a-half of Skittles. But the odds say something different. If there is one poisoned Skittle in 3.64 billion, that means I could extract quite a few handfuls before I was likely to pick out a poisoned one.

Specifically, about 68.7 million handfuls. Let's say it takes me one minute to grab a handful and eat them. I would hit a poisoned Skittle, on average, every 130 years. I would also be consuming the equivalent of a package of Skittles every minute, which is about 330,000 calories a day.
----------------------------------------------------------

Specifically showing that odds of being killed in a terrorist attack by a Syrian refugee are laughably small, especially when weighed against the number of people we are rejecting who could become productive members of their new home.

The flawed premise that you insist on, that I have repeatedly pointed out, is that our resistance to Muslim immigration is NOT based on fear for our PERSONAL safety, but on our fear for our Fellow Americans.

There is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT chance that Muslim immigration will result in dead Americans.

pict6.jpg
15hg85k.gif

The Catholic immigrants and their Pope hate the Holy Bible and want it out of our schools!

2e375ly.jpg

jb6a9k.jpg

You are the one who is confused here.

3 skittles are deadly. So don't eat ANY of them.

NOt all of them are deadly. But you don't chance it.

THe goal is to avoid being dead. NOt to be fair to the skittles, at the risk of being dead.

Life is a bowl of skittles. There are always deadly skittles out there

When you drive your car
When you eat food
When you walk outside after dark

Avoiding any situation where there may be bad skittles is no way to lead your life

EVERY immigrant group had bad skittles in it

Exposing your fellow citizens, including your women and children to needless danger is the act of a fool.

EVERY immigration group is not the same. Every time period is not the same.

You, a liberal, who is supposedly so flexible and adaptable and not afraid of change, is arguing that we should keep the same immigration policy we had in the late 1700s, today.

EVERY immigrant group has been feared and defiled by those who mistrust people who are "not like us"
The Irish were our original terrorists. They perfected terrorist bombing
The Italians brought the Mafia to our cities and terrorized their neighborhoods
As every Trump supporter knows, Mexico sends its murderers and rapists

Closing our borders to immigration and building walls is not the answer...it is the response of cowards and racists

How about we repeat some of the hate rhetoric against blacks, Native Americans, Irish, Italians, Chinese, Catholics.....it all sounds the same after a while

That's okay, I'm only interested in keeping low skilled, non assimilating, Muslim savages out.

Yes, but the number of radical Muslims in the world is shockingly small. Less than 1% of the entire Muslim population is estimated to be radicalized:

So you are prepared to let 99 people die, because 1 person might, do harm to Americans. And yet, you want all Americans to have the right to own guns, in spite of the fact that 35,000 people die every year because of them. It is the most indefensible argument against saving refugee lives ever promulgated.

It's Islamophobia at it's worst, and what you're saying is that one American life is worth more than 100 lives of non-Americans. Cowardly, venal, and not worthy of any nation that wants the world to think of it as "great".

Yes, but the number of radical Muslims in the world is shockingly small

If only there were a fool proof way to detect them.

So you are prepared to let 99 people die, because 1 person might, do harm to Americans

I'm prepared to set up a safe area in the Middle East where those 100 people can live.

And yet, you want all Americans to have the right to own guns

Damn pesky Constitution, eh? It even lets you release videos that criticize Hillary.

It's Islamophobia at it's worst, and what you're saying is that one American life is worth more than 100 lives

Yup, keep your uncivilized religious cultists away from the US.

So you are prepared to let 99 people die, because 1 person might, do harm to Americans

I'm prepared to set up a safe area in the Middle East where those 100 people can live.

Damn pesky Constitution, eh? It even lets you release videos that criticize Hillary.

It's Islamophobia at it's worst, and what you're saying is that one American life is worth more than 100 lives

Is it possible that you don't grasp the tremendous irony in this statement?

You know, in the San Bernadino shooting, the shooters were an American citizen and a woman who came here on a marriage visa, they weren't refugees.

The dude that did the Orlando shooting was also a US citizen. He became radicalized via the internet.

The 2 brothers who did the Boston Marathon bombing were also citizens who were naturalized.

And this latest bombing in New York? Done by yet another naturalized citizen.

I have yet to hear of a terror attack by a single refugee admitted to the US since the Syrian war began.

Guess instead of making the vetting process harder on the refugees, we should do it with anyone who comes here on a visa. Even the 9/11 terror attacks were done by people here on a visa.

We've let 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada. There hasn't been a single instance of terrorism associated with any of these people. But many of them have started businesses, with a high charity component to give back to the country that saved them.

When Ft. McMurray burned, a group of Syrian refugees set up a charity for them in Calgary. Knowing how difficult personal care items were to get when they were fleeing, they provided toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and other personal care items to Fort Mac residents who were forced out of their homes. These people who has so little, gave what they could to say thank you.

Those who would turn these people away, are venal cowards.

But then again Dragonlady, Canada has a much different approach to their refugees than what we do.

Canada has social programs set up for them, also have language and assimilation classes, and the community welcomes them with open arms and integrates them into the population.

Here? We call them terrorists, and attack them and set fire to their mosques.

Liberals who value women's rights, gay rights and tolerance, above all else, want to bring to the US, hundreds of thousands of Muslims who believe women are property...gays should be killed and tolerance means convert or die....that's some fucking irony.

Liberals who value women's rights, gay rights and tolerance, above all else, want to bring to the US, hundreds of thousands of Muslims who believe women are property...gays should be killed and tolerance means convert or die....that's some fucking irony.

(Paraphrased as, "All muslims are extremists.")

You know, in the San Bernadino shooting, the shooters were an American citizen and a woman who came here on a marriage visa, they weren't refugees.

The dude that did the Orlando shooting was also a US citizen. He became radicalized via the internet.

The 2 brothers who did the Boston Marathon bombing were also citizens who were naturalized.

And this latest bombing in New York? Done by yet another naturalized citizen.

I have yet to hear of a terror attack by a single refugee admitted to the US since the Syrian war began.

Guess instead of making the vetting process harder on the refugees, we should do it with anyone who comes here on a visa. Even the 9/11 terror attacks were done by people here on a visa.

That's an excellent point, they don't assimilate.
That's an perfect reason to stop Muslims from coming here, not to mention removing the ones already here.

(Paraphrased as, "All muslims are extremists.")

Naah, just the ones who are Muslim.

Forum List

Back