Comrade Trump Jr. compares Syrian Refugees to Skittles

Liberals who value women's rights, gay rights and tolerance, above all else, want to bring to the US, hundreds of thousands of Muslims who believe women are property...gays should be killed and tolerance means convert or die....that's some fucking irony.

I know a lot of Muslims. Not one of them believes in Sharia Law, that gays should be killed, or that non-Muslims need to convert or die. Your assumptions that all Muslims believe these things, is proof of your ignorance.

Liberals who value women's rights, gay rights and tolerance, above all else, want to bring to the US, hundreds of thousands of Muslims who believe women are property...gays should be killed and tolerance means convert or die....that's some fucking irony.

I know a lot of Muslims. Not one of them believes in Sharia Law, that gays should be killed, or that non-Muslims need to convert or die. Your assumptions that all Muslims believe these things, is proof of your ignorance.

How many do you know in Syria?

My God.

The bowl is full. THREE of them will kill you/are terrorists.

HOW CAN YOU THINK HE IS CLAIMING THEY ALL WILL KILL YOU/ARE TERRORISTS?

Are you insane?

I don't see how I can explain this any simpler without you being here so I can actually help you count a bowl of skittles.
Here we go:

Donald Trump Jr. inadvertently encourages America to scoop up refugees by the handful

If you do the math on the analogy you can read here:
-------------------------------------------------------
So let's figure out what the analogy is. The libertarian (and Koch brothers-backed) think tank Cato Institute published a report last week assessing the risk posed by refugees. That report stated that, each year, the risk to an American of being killed by a refugee in a terror attack is 1 in 3.64 billion, as Huffington Post's Elise Foley noted on Twitter. From the report:

From 1975 through 2015, the annual chance that an American would be murdered in a terrorist attack carried out by a foreign-born terrorist was 1 in 3,609,709. Foreigners on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) killed zero Americans in terrorist attacks, whereas those on other tourist visas killed 1 in 3.9 million a year. The chance that an American would be killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee was 1 in 3.64 billion a year.

In other words, for every 10.92 billion years that Americans live — one Skittle, if you will — refugees will kill an American in a terror attack in three.

An actual Skittle is about 1 centimeter squared by about a half a centimeter tall (or thereabouts). Setting aside questions of stacking the oblong Skittles in this very large bowl by assuming each will occupy two-thirds of that volume, we're talking about one-and-a-half Olympic swimming pools of Skittles. Wrigley produces 200 million Skittles a day, so this is the entire production line for more than 54 days, transported to an oversized swimming pool and dumped in to the top. And in that pool: Three poison Skittles.
---------------------------------------------------------

They go on to predict the odds you will get poisoned:

Well, it could be one, of course, if the poisoned ones are distributed evenly through the giant pool-and-a-half of Skittles. But the odds say something different. If there is one poisoned Skittle in 3.64 billion, that means I could extract quite a few handfuls before I was likely to pick out a poisoned one.

Specifically, about 68.7 million handfuls. Let's say it takes me one minute to grab a handful and eat them. I would hit a poisoned Skittle, on average, every 130 years. I would also be consuming the equivalent of a package of Skittles every minute, which is about 330,000 calories a day.
----------------------------------------------------------

Specifically showing that odds of being killed in a terrorist attack by a Syrian refugee are laughably small, especially when weighed against the number of people we are rejecting who could become productive members of their new home.

The flawed premise that you insist on, that I have repeatedly pointed out, is that our resistance to Muslim immigration is NOT based on fear for our PERSONAL safety, but on our fear for our Fellow Americans.

There is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT chance that Muslim immigration will result in dead Americans.

pict6.jpg
There is a 100% chance that someone will die when new medications enter the market, when new factories are built, when we go to war, when we build new cars, when we allow folks to buy guns, etc. Unless you want to go big government, lock everyone in padded rooms, and feed them 3 strictly supervised meals a day with round the clock surveillance, folks will die from the actions we as a nation take. That is an absolute certainty.

Using that as your excuse is cowardness. Pure and simple. And it isn't the action of a great nation. There is a cost in every decision. Letting in the Syrian refugees means that maybe a small number die or get injured. Maybe. Not letting them in means a lot of good people die with 100% certainty.

Do you want to us to be great? Exceptional? Then we do what we always do and take the risk.

Grandiose rhetoric is not a supporting argument. And does not impress me.

So, you admit the danger. Good first step.

Now, tell me what benefit there is that out weights the cost in American lives.

That's easy. It shows our compassion, it shows our greatness in our actions to those that need help. It demonstrates that we are that "Shinning city on a hill" that Reagan wisely called us to be. It shows that we act despite our fears and that we do not let our fears define us.

The high immigration policy you advocate for HAS BEEN our policy for generations, and we have NOT received that benefit.

We are NOT perceived that way by the Muslim World. We are not perceived that way by Europe. We are not perceived that way by Latin America.

Hell, less and less do we see OURSELVES that way.

We are not shining. We are burning down.

This also satisfies one our highest callings as a Christian nation: It saves lives and helps those in need.

Oh, so we are a Christian nation now? LOL!!!

In tangible benefit to our nation, it brings in new people to our country that will be very thankful that they have a place to be safe. I've known a lot of immigrants over the course of my life. Those first and second generation immigrants are among the hardest working, most patriotic people I've ever met in my life. They blow us WASPs that have been here for multiple generations out of the water when it comes to love of country. They have lived under bad circumstances and when they look around they actually appreciate how amazingly wonderful we have it here and how amazing and special this place is.

Bullshit. Most of them bring a Third World skill set that is not in demand in the 21st century US economy, and are competition for our own unskilled and semiskilled labor.

Most of them also bring a reactionary culture. You libs tend to ignore that, because poor immigrants tend to vote for the party of every more social spending, but the people that have to live with them will find out. Ask the women of Australia or Cologne, or the girls of Rotherham. Or the gays of Amsterdam.

The downside? A vanishingly small number may turn out to be terrorists. And they may try to stage an attack. A large number of those will be caught in the vetting process, swept up by FBI sting operations, reported on by their neighbors, or just turn out to be incompetent. You may get one or two out of literally millions that is actually skilled and competent enough to suceed, and even then unless they get an assault rifle they're more likely to injure folks than kill. Keep in mind, no one was killed in the New York bomb blast nor in the Minnesota knife attack (other than the attacker, and screw him).

And again, as you're citing terrorism as a justification, remember that statistically more than 9 times as many Americans died in one year in automobile accidents than Americans world wide from terrorism over a 10 year period that included 9/11 (1994-2015). So there's danger, but statistically its a far lower danger than death by automobile, or gun violence, or a whole host of things.

SO the answer is to import vastly more muslims so we can increase those problems to vastly larger problems?

We are America

We pound our chest and tell the world we are "exceptional"
We are exceptional because we have high moral values, we are a nation built on accepting immigrants of all races, religions and ethnicities. America is known for doing the right thing

Banning people because of their faith, building walls to keep out the riff-raff

That is cowardice, it is not doing the right thing

1. I have many times discussed with you my vision for how we can greatly reduce our violent crime. Your statement that I don't want to do something about it is a lie.

2. So, less than 100 died last year so the answer is to take steps to increase that number? Because increasing the population of Muslims will do that. It is choosing to "change" the number of terrorists deaths, to a bigger number. Are you aware of the issues Europe is having with it's larger Muslim population? Is that what you want?

You are a coward....a Know-Nothing

Buying into hate rhetoric directed at those who are different than us
It is as old as our country and has been directed against blacks, Native Americans, Non-Christians and each immigrant group

Makes me ashamed to be an American

You have admitted to the violence in question.

Yet you continue to dishonestly portray my concern about that violence as illegitimate.

Your position makes no sense.

IF the danger is real, then you don't get to dismiss it.

I have posted with you for some time. We have had some good discussions

I do not think you are a bigot, but I do believe you are a coward who is buying into hate rhetoric in some false sense of security. It is as American as apple pie....mistrusting those who are different...invoking harsh measures under the pretext of "being safe"

When a nation is faced with a policy choice, the costs, risks and RESULTS of that policy should be discussed seriously and honestly BEFORE HAND.

We have not done that about Immigration in general, and certainly NOT about Muslim Immigration.

I have been hearing liberals discussing Terrorism as part of the new normal.

That is a result that I do not want. DO you want that?

Because we have only to look at the issues we have NOW with a very small muslim population, to imaging what will happen if it grows.

Europe also gives US a look at what it could mean.

This is not "hate rhetoric".

This is a real and valid point that your side should be called on to address.

Instead, we get dismissals and accusations of cowardice and racism.

There is a very good chance that your side will win this debate with those tactics. And terrorism will become part of the new normal.

And a generation from now, people will be wondering how to deal with it, and people like you will be arguing that it is too late to change it, that we have to live with it.

We can stop it now. Or at least take steps to reduce it to a point where terrorism is still the outlier, and not normal.

What is with you Trump supporters?
A level of hate I have not seen since George Wallace

The guy starts his campaign with a vicious attack on Mexican immigrants and follows up with a ban on Muslims until "he feels safe"

Hillary is correct about alt-right
You guys scare me more than the terrorists

And once again to make his point the libs has to lie about what Trump said.

He did not "viciously attack Mexican immigrants".

He attacked the crime that comes in with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

It was not vicious. It was and is a valid issue.

When you dismiss valid complaints as "hate" you are race baiting.

I HAVE been hearing libs talk about Terrorism as the new normal.

That is not hate. That is the reality of the choice facing US.

Do you accept terrorism as part of the new normal? Or do you want policies to reduce it back down to an aberration?

RED ALERT RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKITTLE SCANDAL DAY 5!!! Take cover.. incoming social justice bombs.. All pussified liberals please report to your safe place IMMEDIATELY!!

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf

This covers the number of terrorist attacks since 1994. We've been on the decline in number of attacks since the 90's.

Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This covers terrorist attacks over the course of US history. Notice we have had attacks that could be defined as Terrorism since the 1800's.

You're trying to paint terrorism as some new thing, but it really isn't. If you're concerned it's part of the new normal, well then I'm sorry but that's been the normal since near the birth of the nation. We've always had terrorism and we always will. Banning a group from immigrating isn't going to stop terrorism.

tl;dr version: Terrorism has always existed. There is no new normal. Just the same normal we've had for centuries.

That there has been terror attacks in the past does not mean that it has been consider part of the normal environment in the past.

I have certainly not felt that way during my life.

And the libs that describe it as part of the "new normal" are making the argument that this is a big change now.

And vastly increasing the size of the population of muslims will make it an even bigger part of normal daily life.

I am against this. I support Trump because I think American policy should be ANTI-TERRORISM, especially Domestic Terrorism.

I appreciate your honesty in opening supporting Terrorism as part of normal daily life for Americans.

We are America

We are exceptional because we have high moral values, we are a nation built on accepting immigrants of all races, religions and ethnicities. America is known for doing the right thing

Bullshit.

We are not obligated to take in all the worlds outcasts, or to bear all the world's burdens.

It is NOT cowardice to NOT expose our women and children to danger. It is NOT the right thing to get our fellow citizens killed for no good reason.

EVERY immigrant group has been feared and defiled by those who mistrust people who are "not like us"

Radical Muslims like to kill people who are not like them.

Yes, but the number of radical Muslims in the world is shockingly small. Less than 1% of the entire Muslim population is estimated to be radicalized:

How many Muslim extremists are there? Just the facts, please.

FactCheck: how many of the world’s Muslims are radicalised?

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

So you are prepared to let 99 people die, because 1 person might, do harm to Americans. And yet, you want all Americans to have the right to own guns, in spite of the fact that 35,000 people die every year because of them. It is the most indefensible argument against saving refugee lives ever promulgated.

It's Islamophobia at it's worst, and what you're saying is that one American life is worth more than 100 lives of non-Americans. Cowardly, venal, and not worthy of any nation that wants the world to think of it as "great".

Here is part of the divide between the Left and the Right.

THe Left dismisses such concepts as group loyalty or nationalism in favor of Equality and internationalism.

The idea that AMERICAN policy should be crafted to serve AMERICAN INTERESTS and to save AMERICAN lives is literally Evil to a lefty.

They are willing to benefit from being a member of the group America. But they are not willing to give any loyalty BACK to the group.

That fact that EVERY OTHER group in the world, including groups in the US are looking out for themselves, often at our expense, is irrelevant to a liberal.

THey are happy to see the US and American get fucked, if it fits their odd idea of "fair".

FROM THE PERSPECTIVE of the American voters, the lives of AMERICANS should be a higher priority than the lives of the citizens of other nations.

That is part of the idea of NATIONS.

If you lefties are dead set against making US policy to benefit Americans, you should make sure the American voters are fully aware of that, as soon as possible.

White supremacist: "let's ban all
Since Trump is going to throw out the Mexicans and the Middle Easterners, he might as well seal the Canadian border as well, so that we can keep Justin Bieber out. I have also been very suspicious of the Hawaiians, as well, since the guy who shot John Lennon came from there. Also, something has to be done about the Dutch, coming over here and spreading Dutch Elm disease...

Are there Eleven Million Canadians living here illegally?

Are there large terrorist networks in Canada that wish to conduct a Holy War against US?

Are you completely full of shit?

Are you too stupid to realize he's mocking your retarded ass?

Are you too stupid to realize that I pointed out that his analogy was fucking retarded?

I'll take this as a yes.

I'll take your post as an admission that you are a fucking asshole.

No one has said that all syrians are terrorists.

Liberals just lie about what conservatives say.

It is the only way they can "win" arguments.

Where in Trumps "Skittle" analogy does he make room for some Syrians not being terrorists?

My God.

The bowl is full. THREE of them will kill you/are terrorists.

HOW CAN YOU THINK HE IS CLAIMING THEY ALL WILL KILL YOU/ARE TERRORISTS?

Are you insane?

I don't see how I can explain this any simpler without you being here so I can actually help you count a bowl of skittles.
Here we go:

Donald Trump Jr. inadvertently encourages America to scoop up refugees by the handful

If you do the math on the analogy you can read here:
-------------------------------------------------------
So let's figure out what the analogy is. The libertarian (and Koch brothers-backed) think tank Cato Institute published a report last week assessing the risk posed by refugees. That report stated that, each year, the risk to an American of being killed by a refugee in a terror attack is 1 in 3.64 billion, as Huffington Post's Elise Foley noted on Twitter. From the report:

From 1975 through 2015, the annual chance that an American would be murdered in a terrorist attack carried out by a foreign-born terrorist was 1 in 3,609,709. Foreigners on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) killed zero Americans in terrorist attacks, whereas those on other tourist visas killed 1 in 3.9 million a year. The chance that an American would be killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee was 1 in 3.64 billion a year.

In other words, for every 10.92 billion years that Americans live — one Skittle, if you will — refugees will kill an American in a terror attack in three.

An actual Skittle is about 1 centimeter squared by about a half a centimeter tall (or thereabouts). Setting aside questions of stacking the oblong Skittles in this very large bowl by assuming each will occupy two-thirds of that volume, we're talking about one-and-a-half Olympic swimming pools of Skittles. Wrigley produces 200 million Skittles a day, so this is the entire production line for more than 54 days, transported to an oversized swimming pool and dumped in to the top. And in that pool: Three poison Skittles.

They go on to predict the odds you will get poisoned:

Well, it could be one, of course, if the poisoned ones are distributed evenly through the giant pool-and-a-half of Skittles. But the odds say something different. If there is one poisoned Skittle in 3.64 billion, that means I could extract quite a few handfuls before I was likely to pick out a poisoned one.

Specifically, about 68.7 million handfuls. Let's say it takes me one minute to grab a handful and eat them. I would hit a poisoned Skittle, on average, every 130 years. I would also be consuming the equivalent of a package of Skittles every minute, which is about 330,000 calories a day.
----------------------------------------------------------

Specifically showing that odds of being killed in a terrorist attack by a Syrian refugee are laughably small, especially when weighed against the number of people we are rejecting who could become productive members of their new home.

The flawed premise that you insist on, that I have repeatedly pointed out, is that our resistance to Muslim immigration is NOT based on fear for our PERSONAL safety, but on our fear for our Fellow Americans.

There is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT chance that Muslim immigration will result in dead Americans.

pict6.jpg
15hg85k.gif

Don't tell me. Tell her.

tlumacki_Bostonmaratonfinish_sports542-4416-9430.jpg

Or better yet, whoever lost all that blood.

We've let 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada. There hasn't been a single instance of terrorism associated with any of these people. But many of them have started businesses, with a high charity component to give back to the country that saved them.

When Ft. McMurray burned, a group of Syrian refugees set up a charity for them in Calgary. Knowing how difficult personal care items were to get when they were fleeing, they provided toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and other personal care items to Fort Mac residents who were forced out of their homes. These people who has so little, gave what they could to say thank you.

Those who would turn these people away, are venal cowards.

Ask a couple of them how they feel about Hitler.

You are a coward....a Know-Nothing

Buying into hate rhetoric directed at those who are different than us
It is as old as our country and has been directed against blacks, Native Americans, Non-Christians and each immigrant group

Makes me ashamed to be an American

You have admitted to the violence in question.

Yet you continue to dishonestly portray my concern about that violence as illegitimate.

Your position makes no sense.

IF the danger is real, then you don't get to dismiss it.

I have posted with you for some time. We have had some good discussions

I do not think you are a bigot, but I do believe you are a coward who is buying into hate rhetoric in some false sense of security. It is as American as apple pie....mistrusting those who are different...invoking harsh measures under the pretext of "being safe"

When a nation is faced with a policy choice, the costs, risks and RESULTS of that policy should be discussed seriously and honestly BEFORE HAND.

We have not done that about Immigration in general, and certainly NOT about Muslim Immigration.

That is a result that I do not want. DO you want that?

Because we have only to look at the issues we have NOW with a very small muslim population, to imaging what will happen if it grows.

Europe also gives US a look at what it could mean.

This is not "hate rhetoric".

This is a real and valid point that your side should be called on to address.

Instead, we get dismissals and accusations of cowardice and racism.

There is a very good chance that your side will win this debate with those tactics. And terrorism will become part of the new normal.

And a generation from now, people will be wondering how to deal with it, and people like you will be arguing that it is too late to change it, that we have to live with it.

We can stop it now. Or at least take steps to reduce it to a point where terrorism is still the outlier, and not normal.

What is with you Trump supporters?
A level of hate I have not seen since George Wallace

The guy starts his campaign with a vicious attack on Mexican immigrants and follows up with a ban on Muslims until "he feels safe"

Hillary is correct about alt-right
You guys scare me more than the terrorists

And once again to make his point the libs has to lie about what Trump said.

He did not "viciously attack Mexican immigrants".

He attacked the crime that comes in with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

It was not vicious. It was and is a valid issue.

When you dismiss valid complaints as "hate" you are race baiting.

I HAVE been hearing libs talk about Terrorism as the new normal.

That is not hate. That is the reality of the choice facing US.

Do you accept terrorism as part of the new normal? Or do you want policies to reduce it back down to an aberration?

What Trump said......Mexico sends its worst. Murderer's rapists, drug dealers

Not only is it wrong, it is racist and incites hate and fear against Mexicans

Why didn't Trump acknowledge the tens of millions of Mexicans who have crossed our borders to work, feed their families, pick our crops, clean our houses, mow our lawns. Hard working people who just want a better life

But no, Trump wants us to fear these people. They will kill you in your sleep. We need to build a wall, a big wall, a beautiful wall.....

We are America

Bullshit.

We are not obligated to take in all the worlds outcasts, or to bear all the world's burdens.

It is NOT cowardice to NOT expose our women and children to danger. It is NOT the right thing to get our fellow citizens killed for no good reason.

Give me your tired, your poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free....

We are America

Bullshit.

Give me your tired, your poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free....

Yeah, they need to remove that socialist's poem from the Statue.....

Forum List

Back