Walking in the morning while being black.

And police officers aren't allowed to arrest somebody for simply just going on a walk with his kid.
They didn't arrest him for going on a walk with his kid. They arrested him for not complying with their request for his name, address and DOB which automatically made him a suspicious person.

". . .In Oklahoma, individuals are required to provide their name, address, and date of birth when reasonably requested by a law enforcement officer during a stop or detention. This information enables officers to verify identities, address potential threats, and gather necessary information for their investigations. It is important to note that while providing identification is mandatory, answering additional questions or providing further details beyond the basic identification information is not required under the law. . ."

Tell it to Polly Klass stuffed in the trunk with the excon car off the road stuck in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. The PC Cops pulled the car out. Let him go. No hard questions. Wouldn’t want to go too far with the rights of killers and criminals.
When they got the car out of the ditch, did they open the trunk? Did they know or have any basis at all to believe that Polly might have been stuffed inside?

I fear its far worse than that,,

Yeah. It is.

But at least they do show us all who they really are.

The rights to life, liberty, and certainly the whole of the right to one's pursuit of happiness is clearly something that evades them.

And if you really put them in a position to explain their understanding of the whole of all of those things, they'll run away quicker than you can blink.

To those types, they are mere catch phrases, seldom understood and most often invoked for the purpose of pawning themselves off as something that they are not. Kind of like a mask, I suppose.

Last edited:
They didn't arrest him for going on a walk with his kid. They arrested him for not complying with their request for his name, address and DOB which automatically made him a suspicious person.

". . .In Oklahoma, individuals are required to provide their name, address, and date of birth when reasonably requested by a law enforcement officer during a stop or detention. This information enables officers to verify identities, address potential threats, and gather necessary information for their investigations. It is important to note that while providing identification is mandatory, answering additional questions or providing further details beyond the basic identification information is not required under the law. . ."

Again he didn't have an ID with him and I don't think that he was asked to supply that information without it. Not to mention the fact that the police didn't even have probable cause to ask him for it.

That article is referring to a vehicle stop or legal detention. Neither of which was happening here. You don't have to give the Police your name just to satisfy their curiosity.
You didn't even read it did you. I quoted the pertinent paragraphs from it. You obviously didn't read those either.

These people are nuts.

Truly.

As I said, though, they do always show us who they really are. Always.

So there's that...

No one is nuts. We I just think there has to be some middle ground in unique situations. Some room to make mistake if you honestly are erroring on the side of better safe than sorry…to prevent crime. Not fired Everytime you don’t call a man in a dress Ms.

Again he didn't have an ID with him and I don't think that he was asked to supply that information without it. Not to mention the fact that the police didn't even have probable cause to ask him for it.
Again it is so unusual for somebody to be walking with a young kid in a secluded area in the early dawn, I would EXPECT the police to check something like that out. There are far too many horror stories of unspeakable crimes committed with children to not at least wonder about that situation.

Again it is so unusual for somebody to be walking with a young kid in a secluded area in the early dawn, I would EXPECT the police to check something like that out. There are far too many horror stories of unspeakable crimes committed with children to not at least wonder about that situation.

Okay I'll give you that much but the guy didn't have his ID on him so how is that not complying with the officer?

When they got the car out of the ditch, did they open the trunk? Did they know or have any basis at all to believe that Polly might have been stuffed inside?

The story is hard to find now. I thought in the trunk. But tosay I saw he panicked and stuffed her nearby in the woods. Came back to get her after the cops left.

No hard questions, they let him go. Used to be “failure to maintain control” laws. What was he doing? Why out there? That time of night? Visiting sister? They knew what they had. A convict on parole, if I remember right.

There was big outrage when this news got out. Poor girl.

That is a bit much. But operating outside the law... Is not doing their job. That is vigilanteism. And if that's what we're okay with... Sign it into law.
The police were doing nothing unlawful in questioning the man. In that particular situation they would be derelict in their duty to serve and protect if they had NOT seen that as unusual and checked the guy out.

Forum List

Back