Walking in the morning while being black.

It would be a "big deal" to me, mistakenly thinking having rights should mean something to cops, out of control. Which means, you should always be aware of where you are, as you may not (in actuality) have rights guaranteed by the constitution, where the rubber meets the road, or in this case, where the face meets the pavement, in front of your terrified kid.

Somebody pointed out, this was under 11th circuit jurisdiction, and posted a video, where cops "hog-tied" a guy on the ground until he was dead, yet 11th circuit, said it did not breach qualified immunity, so they can pretty much kill you there, as they have in the past. Makes me glad, I do not live in 11th circuit jurisdiction. When Shelby County Sheriffs officers killed that guy from California, passing through, and refused to let EMTs even check on him until he was dead, they were immediately suspended, their actions publicly denounced, body cam and other law enforcement video released, were shortly fired and prosecutions announced and ongoing, as killing the guy for no good reason, simply isn't right, here. I am glad it was black officers that did it, so Memphis didn't have to burn.
How often have you duked it out with the police and lived to tell about it?

I must have led a sheltered life because its never happened to me even once

I will call the gestapo, aka local police because thats what they exist for

But the Rambo types seem to have a better plan

Shit. In another time, you'd probably send a carrier pigeon to turn in the Framers themselves, if one were to take your thoughts on the matter at face value.

The guy was not beaten up or physically threatened/harmed in any way.
now youre just fucking liar,,
To put it mildly, yes.
cant help but notice you nazi fucks haven given one shits about the child and the trauma he went through,,
let alone our constitutional rights,,
Reminds me of an original film clip (maybe you've seen it) when a mother and child had just arrived at the death camp. A Nazi guard pulled them apart and when the child tried to back to his mother ..... well, you know what hapened.

its specific for these kind of scenarios,,

youre thinking of the nazi 4th amendment where you are forced to show papers when out in public,,
It has nothing to do with these kinds of scenarios.

"Understanding the stop and identify laws in Oklahoma
Understanding the stop and identify laws in Oklahoma is the first step towards being prepared in case you find yourself in a situation where law enforcement officers request identification. These laws are based on the principle that individuals have a responsibility to cooperate with law enforcement in certain situations to aid in the prevention and investigation of crimes.

In Oklahoma, individuals are required to provide their name, address, and date of birth when reasonably requested by a law enforcement officer during a stop or detention. This information enables officers to verify identities, address potential threats, and gather necessary information for their investigations. It is important to note that while providing identification is mandatory, answering additional questions or providing further details beyond the basic identification information is not required under the law. . ."

In other words the man was not required to show ID. But he WAS required to give his full name, address and DOB when requested by a police officer and the man refused to do that. That alone was sufficient to temporarily arrest him while the cops checked him out.

Understanding the stop and identify laws in Oklahoma is the first step towards being prepared in case you find yourself in a situation where law enforcement officers request identification. These laws are based on the principle that individuals have a responsibility to cooperate with law enforcement in certain situations to aid in the prevention and investigation of crimes.

In Oklahoma, individuals are required to provide their name, address, and date of birth when reasonably requested by a law enforcement officer during a stop or detention. This information enables officers to verify identities, address potential threats, and gather necessary information for their investigations. It is important to note that while providing identification is mandatory, answering additional questions or providing further details beyond the basic identification information is not required under the law. . ."

In other words the man was not required to show ID. But he WAS required to give his full name, address and DOB when requested by a police officer and the man refused to do that. That alone was sufficient to temporarily arrest him while the cops checked him out.
thanks for your opinion article but I am going to stick with the constitution and our rights it protects,,

To put it mildly, yes.

Reminds me of an original film clip (maybe you've seen it) when a mother and child had just arrived at the death camp. A Nazi guard pulled them apart and when the child tried to back to his mother ..... well, you know what hapened.
IMO only an idiot clueless leftist would equate police officers doing their job on patrol with a Nazi death camp. But that's just me.

IMO only an idiot clueless leftist would equate police officers doing their job on patrol with a Nazi death camp. But that's just me.

With all due respect the police officers (yes both of them because one was a bystander in this incident) weren't doing their jobs here.

That article is referring to a vehicle stop or legal detention. Neither of which was happening here. You don't have to give the Police your name just to satisfy their curiosity.

Forum List

Back