Walking in the morning while being black.

You're missing the point. But then that's common among anti-police left wingers it seems. The cops violated no law checking out an unusual and therefore possibly suspicious situation.
No you're missing the point. They in fact did violate the law by arresting the man for refusing to provide them with an ID or give them his name and DOB, and the dumb ass who made the arrest just cost that town a sum of money. Congrats. The idea that Im a "lib" is comical BTW.

Nah. They're just showing us all who they really are.

They always do. Always.

At the end of the day there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between a rabid statist wearing a red helmet and a rabid statist wearing a blue helmet.
Naturally you have a plan to protect your loved ones that does not involve the police

Yes?

I don’t know if a dad walking with his son at 6 am would be deemed “suspicious” if the dad and kid happened to be white.

But if the cop had behaved similarly with a white guy, the conclusion remains: it results in the violation of the man’s Constitutional rights.

The guy wasn't black (the OP made an error, and for some reason the title hasn't been edited.) In the photos I've seen, he looks white. And his last name (Sexton) is not a Hispanic name.

Nobody knows if this one was white, black or mexican? Superbad is hoping was black. But you know?
I don’t know. The man appeared to be a “person of color.”

That doesn’t really change the analysis, imho. A person has a right to be left alone in most cases. Yes, the cop is entitled to approach a person for any reason and “ask.” But absent actual probable cause, or real “exigency,” the cop is supposed to simply take “no” as an answer.

Cooperate, don’t get lippy and everything ends up fine. Police are human also. Sure we all know now, they should have let him go. He’s now officially on Police radar.

Well not fine in this case, maybe the perp goes in for warrants. If he gives his real name, DOB.

Naturally you have a plan to protect your loved ones that does not involve the police

Yes?

That's my business.

Shit.

That's why I said that the ''I've nothing to hide'' quislings are the kind of people you don't wanna live near or associate yourself with. And certainly not tell them your business.

They'll be the first ones to call for the gestapo to come kick down your door when the shit finally does hit the fan because ''I'm ascared of that guy over there exercising his right to be let alone''

Last edited:
What was he being arrested for? And you ignored everything I said.

By your "logic" a cop can go up to anyone on the street and say "Show me your ID or I'm going to arrest you" and then later claim the person looked suspicious.

If a "Paperz Pleaze!" Police State is what you want, then that's sad, but the problem is that your cheerleading for a Police State is what is leading all of us in that direction.
Speaking of being repetitious which you say my post have been. You are certainly within your rights to scroll right over them and not respond further.

FYI, unless your life is in danger, it is unlawful to resist arrest no matter WHAT the reason for the arrest or whether or not it was justified or warranted. Unless your life is in danger, you submit to an arrest and then, if it was unjustified, you file a complaint or lawsuit later.

The police motto is “protect and serve”

Because “what ifs” do happen
And if... In this nation , of the people, for the people, and by the people; one member of society can operate under their own set of rules...
Then so can we all. It's mad max time. I guess we can all just make this shit up as we go along, and see fit...
Works for me. Let's just get it in writing. For posterity...

Cooperate, don’t get lippy and everything ends up fine. Police are human also. Sure we all know now, they should have let him go. He’s now officially on Police radar.

The guy didn't have his ID with him though and the guy never asked for his name and date of birth without his card from what I remember but maybe he did I don't know. 😕

The guy wasn't black (the OP made an error, and for some reason the title hasn't been edited.) In the photos I've seen, he looks white. And his last name (Sexton) is not a Hispanic name.
I don’t know and don’t pretend to know the man’s race. Honestly, it is a matter of indifference to me

What I find significant is any example of a police officer not knowing — or not adhering to — the limits of his official authority.

You weren’t there. Before the stop. You aren’t a cop. I’ll go with the guys on the ground instincts. Not you Monday morning QB ready to demand the Police firing.
Reasonable suspicion has to be articulable and specific.

Intuition does not count.

If we are expected to follow the law, why don’t we expect the cops to?

Any person walking in that particular area with a small boy when it is still dark outside would be unusual enough to justify checking out. If the kid was your son and being enticed or taken unlawfully, would you not want that to be checked out?
sure check them out,, just dont violate their rights and beat up an innocent father in front of his child,,

to do that is just being a nazi jackboot demanding papers to be allowed on the streets,,

Well, if you are burglarized or your son is the target of a terrible crime, I'm sure you will maintain the same attitude that the cops have no right to question the burglar or child trafficker/molester/kidnapper until they commit the crime.
No reason to suspect any burglary occurred. No reason to suspect the son was subject to a terrible crime.

There is no probable cause. If you want to change the standard to detain someone, then pass a constitutional amendment.

Yes?
Not sure what your "plans" are... But in reality, the police are most likely to show up, after the situation has resolved itself...

I don’t know. The man appeared to be a “person of color.”

That doesn’t really change the analysis, imho. A person has a right to be left alone in most cases. Yes, the cop is entitled to approach a person for any reason and “ask.” But absent actual probable cause, or real “exigency,” the cop is supposed to simply take “no” as an answer.

Tell it to Polly Klass stuffed in the trunk with the excon car off the road stuck in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. The PC Cops pulled the car out. Let him go. No hard questions. Wouldn’t want to go too far with the rights of killers and criminals.

I haven't read through this entire thread but I've seen enough to state my opinion.

Yeah I think that he looked more Hispanic in my opinion.

I know. That's my issue. I know that it's important to comply with the police but this "officer" went WAY overboard and let his power get to his head.

The man was only going for a walk with his kid and the "officer" had the nerve to body slam him right in front of his son and made him cry and traumatized him. Completely unacceptable to me and unjustified and I usually have a great respect for police officers but this was most definitely uncalled for.
He didn't body slam him. He took him down fairly gently. And, according to my great nephew, a cop I just asked, that is routine procedure when dealing with anyone resisting arrest which the guy obviously was doing. Had the guy submitted to being cuffed as he should have done by law in all 50 states and DC, he wouldn't have been taken down.

Well not fine in this case, maybe the perp goes in for warrants. If he gives his real name, DOB.
Yes do as your told or it's your fault whn the cops are FORCED violate your rights...... :rolleyes: :auiqs.jpg:

Maybe next time the cop lets him go and a child is found the next day raped and murdered

Libs will deny any responsibility but it will be a lie

Forum List

Back