Walking in the morning while being black.

It doesn’t seem that unusual to me, and even if it does, that doesn’t mean it was suspicious for criminal activity.

The man gave him an answer as to what they were doing. There was no reasonable suspicion for any criminal activity.

You weren’t there. Before the stop. You aren’t a cop. I’ll go with the guys on the ground instincts. Not you Monday morning QB ready to demand the Police firing.

Last edited:
Show us all in the law where the man is required to, not be out at a certain time. Not move away from a police officer who's approaching him. Tell the PO anything let alone his name and DOB.

Stop making excuses why the COP had to violate the law.

You win on technicalities. Congratulations! You win the USMB Poster of the month. Evidently it’s all settled. The Police made a mistake. Fire the boss and the entire unit. Or start the rioting.

Last edited:
I don’t know if a dad walking with his son at 6 am would be deemed “suspicious” if the dad and kid happened to be white.

But if the cop had behaved similarly with a white guy, the conclusion remains: it results in the violation of the man’s Constitutional rights.
If the white guy was me I would have cooperated and showed my ID

Now you are being absurd

Unless the adult woman asked for help the cop would not have arrested the man

Where do you get the crazy idea that all the cops are out to get you?
Dude... Go back and reread this thread. It's nothing but stumping for big daddy gov over what ifs, and might have beens. Fuck that. The law is the law, and rights, are rights. For some strange, fucked up reason many on the "right" are going for broke, shitting on everything conservatives stand for, in regard to this incident. It doesn't make any sense...

so every father walking his child is subject to intense investigation or physical abuse if they choose to walk their child on the streets of america??
Any person walking in that particular area with a small boy when it is still dark outside would be unusual enough to justify checking out. If the kid was your son and being enticed or taken unlawfully, would you not want that to be checked out?

I haven't read through this entire thread but I've seen enough to state my opinion.

Didn’t look black. Kid looked white.

Yeah I think that he looked more Hispanic in my opinion.

who the fuck carries an ID while out for a walk?

I know. That's my issue. I know that it's important to comply with the police but this "officer" went WAY overboard and let his power get to his head.

The man was only going for a walk with his kid and the "officer" had the nerve to body slam him right in front of his son and made him cry and traumatized him. Completely unacceptable to me and unjustified and I usually have a great respect for police officers but this was most definitely uncalled for.

I don’t know if a dad walking with his son at 6 am would be deemed “suspicious” if the dad and kid happened to be white.

But if the cop had behaved similarly with a white guy, the conclusion remains: it results in the violation of the man’s Constitutional rights.

Nobody knows if this one was white, black or mexican? Superbad is hoping was black. But you know?

Resisting arrest, whether you are innocent or not, is a no no in all 50 states and DC. Arrest most often includes being cuffed for the protection of police officers investigating a situation.

What was he being arrested for? And you ignored everything I said.

By your "logic" a cop can go up to anyone on the street and say "Show me your ID or I'm going to arrest you" and then later claim the person looked suspicious.

If a "Paperz Pleaze!" Police State is what you want, then that's sad, but the problem is that your cheerleading for a Police State is what is leading all of us in that direction.

It doesn’t seem that unusual to me, and even if it does, that doesn’t mean it was suspicious for criminal activity.

The man gave him an answer as to what they were doing. There was no reasonable suspicion for any criminal activity.
Well, if you are burglarized or your son is the target of a terrible crime, I'm sure you will maintain the same attitude that the cops have no right to question the burglar or child trafficker/molester/kidnapper until they commit the crime.

For some strange, fucked up reason many on the "right" are going for broke, shitting on everything conservatives stand for, in regard to this incident. It doesn't make any sense...

Nah. They're just showing us all who they really are.

They always do. Always.

At the end of the day there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between a rabid statist wearing a red helmet and a rabid statist wearing a blue helmet.

That's ''the moderate vote''

Dude... Go back and reread this thread. It's nothing but stumping for big daddy gov over what ifs, and might have beens. Fuck that. The law is the law, and rights, are rights. For some strange, fucked up reason many on the "right" are going for broke, shitting on everything conservatives stand for, in regard to this incident. It doesn't make any sense...
The police motto is “protect and serve”

Because “what ifs” do happen

Any person walking in that particular area with a small boy when it is still dark outside would be unusual enough to justify checking out. If the kid was your son and being enticed or taken unlawfully, would you not want that to be checked out?

They don’t want to use common sense. They want robots to punch it into a computer and then act. Unless it was their kid missing. Then it’s different.

Show us all in the law where the man is required to, not be out at a certain time. Not move away from a police officer who's approaching him. Tell the PO anything let alone his name and DOB.

Stop making excuses why the COP had to violate the law.
You're missing the point. But then that's common among anti-police left wingers it seems. The cops violated no law checking out an unusual and therefore possibly suspicious situation.

Forum List

Back