Walking in the morning while being black.

The situation was unusual enough--the location, the time of day, the fact there was a young boy with him which I would consider highly unusual in that circumstance--all to warrant at least checking him out.
so every father walking his child is subject to intense investigation or physical abuse if they choose to walk their child on the streets of america??

So... everyone is suspect. Can't be too sure now can we? Every woman riding shotgun down the highway may be an abductee. Better pull that car over. Can't be too sure, ya know?
Now you are being absurd

Unless the adult woman asked for help the cop would not have arrested the man

Where do you get the crazy idea that all the cops are out to get you?

The situation was unusual enough--the location, the time of day, the fact there was a young boy with him which I would consider highly unusual in that circumstance--all to warrant at least checking him out.
It doesn’t seem that unusual to me, and even if it does, that doesn’t mean it was suspicious for criminal activity.

The man gave him an answer as to what they were doing. There was no reasonable suspicion for any criminal activity.

Hmmm. I must have missed the part about the guy walking with his son, while having somebody tied up in the trunk of a car. I did hear the little kid screaming while the cops were beating up his dad, while out for a walk.
They didnt beat him up

They put handcuffs on him

Its no big deal unless you fight back

Yes I went back and watched the video several more times and I now question my initial gut reaction. When the cop asked him a second time for his name and address, the guy was backing off and saying "I don't know. . ." The child had moved some distance from the man. The kid was autistic and that could be the reason, but most children would have moved closer to the parent and not away in that situation.

And then when he resisted arrest, the cop took him down to cuff him. The man was obviously not injured in any way by the cop.

All parties could have handled the situation better. But given the location and time of day, I don't think the cops were out of line to question the guy. And the guy certainly didn't help diffuse any problem.

Show us all in the law where the man is required to, not be out at a certain time. Not move away from a police officer who's approaching him. Tell the PO anything let alone his name and DOB.

Stop making excuses why the COP had to violate the law.

The White White way: Fire any Cops who use intuition or street smarts to size up a situation. Even if they are right 99/100. Fire them! He yells from the hills! I know better!
He did tell him his first name, at the start. He said "Johnny."

And as people have repeatedly told you, he didn't have an ID on him. And as people have also repeatedly told you, in that state he is under no legal obligation to provide an ID.

And as people have repeatedly said, unless the cop can articulate a crime (which he didn't) he can't just slam someone to the ground and cuff him for informing the cop of his rights or for failing to provide an ID in a state that doesn't require that for simply being outside.

You're just repeating yourself at this point. Everything you're bringing up has been addressed, ad nauseam.

“Johnny”? Thats not helpful to check someone out.
They asked name, DOB after he said no ID. pretty sure he said “I don’t know”.

at this point its best you just drop it and run and hide less you do more to prove you dont give one shit about the constution or our rights it protects,,

after all this isnt the first time youve defended cops over our rights,,
I care about the Constitution than you care about protecting that child

The White White way: Fire any Cops who use intuition or street smarts to size up a situation. Even if they are right 99/100. Fire them! He yells from the hills! I know better!

Violate the law because you know better says Leftwinger. How dare that citizen assert his rights.....

He did tell him his first name, at the start. He said "Johnny."

And as people have repeatedly told you, he didn't have an ID on him. And as people have also repeatedly told you, in that state he is under no legal obligation to provide an ID.

And as people have repeatedly said, unless the cop can articulate a crime (which he didn't) he can't just slam someone to the ground and cuff him for informing the cop of his rights or for failing to provide an ID in a state that doesn't require that for simply being outside.

You're just repeating yourself at this point. Everything you're bringing up has been addressed, ad nauseam.
Resisting arrest, whether you are innocent or not, is a no no in all 50 states and DC. Arrest most often includes being cuffed for the protection of police officers investigating a situation even if the person is then released and not taken into custody.

so every father walking his child is subject to intense investigation or physical abuse if they choose to walk their child on the streets of america??

Not all but the ones that appear suspicious to the expert Police. None of your business from your recliner. I’ll go with Police. Yes, mistakes can happen. Not the end of the world.

Last edited:
Sure it is

You are paranoid and believe the cops are out to get you
I don’t know if a dad walking with his son at 6 am would be deemed “suspicious” if the dad and kid happened to be white.

But if the cop had behaved similarly with a white guy, the conclusion remains: it results in the violation of the man’s Constitutional rights.

What libs want is a passive police that lets the criminals run wild

And sooner or later thats what we will have

Resisting arrest, whether you are innocent or not, is a no no in all 50 states and DC. Arrest most often includes being cuffed for the protection of police officers investigating a situation.

one minute you fucks are claiming he was detained and the next you claim he was under arrest,,

for the love of god pick one and stick with it,,

Forum List

Back