Walking in the morning while being black.

Worried about rights?

J6 political prisoner Jake Lang just emerged out of 40 days and 40 nights in the hell of solitary confinement. This occurred just in time for him to celebrate his 1300th day of wrongful incarceration without a trial by Biden / Harris regime!!
So that means he went in under Trump, why didn't he and Pence give him one?
Recently the DOJ has clamped down on Jake in the most inhumane and extreme fashion yet – 6 weeks of solitary confinement torture in a sensory deprivation chamber! Jake, who was arrested January 16th 2021 (1300 days ago!!) was just released on Monday from solitary torture, and we are hearing from his legal team he is “more determined than ever to finish the race on his feet!”
Black folks have been treated this way I'm America's Prisons and jails since we have been here, I didn't hear you complaining.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) new Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) has targeted J6ers and flexed its draconian muscles – punishing Jake with a Soviet-style trip to the 9th floor NYC rooftop Gulag where he suffered incredible human and civil rights abuses for 40 days and 40 nights, including a 12 day hunger strike where he lost nearly 20 lbs and had his blood forcibly drawn!
Now Jake knows how we feel.

How often have you duked it out with the police and lived to tell about it?

I must have led a sheltered life because its never happened to me even once
PJ and I were kind of manhandled, back in 1974 by some out of county sheriffs deputies at some sand pits in Carroll County by. We didn't resist, other than me pulling her out of the way, so they didn't run her down with their cars. My 74' Chevy van was parked, locked up the road. After we were locked in the back of a Benton County squad car, they proceeded to bust out a window on my new van to search it, as I would not give them the key in my pocket. Then they stole it, in an undeclared emergency, (not even in their jurisdiction), loaded up a dozen plus teenage kids (they had chased down, shooting shotgun at them in the dark) and hauled us all to Camden, TN, 73 of us between squad cars, and commandeered cars of Bruceton's graduating class, that night. After being jailed, for several hours in Benton County, I was released without charges (as guilty of nothing), but then I saw all the damage to my brand new vehicle, and had to ask, who was paying for the damages. I was told it was my problem, and to get out, or be thrown back in jail. Luckily, we were under the 6th circuit. And, luckily, my dad was known to a Federal Judge in Kentucky. I was told by my father to make an appointment, with Sherriff Phifer, of Benton County. The Sheriff was not willing to accept responsibility and this time, threatened to throw me, and my older brother in jail and "throw away the key". I asked if I could have a phone call and it was granted. I called the number supplied by my dad. When it was connected, I handed the phone to sherriff Jerry Phifer, suggesting he take this call. The judge let him know there would be a Federal Warrant for his arrest, and marshalls to serve it in the morning on a host of charges, if he did not reconsider the situation. He reconsidered, saying he didn't have to, but decided my incarceration would not be necessary, agreed to replace the broken driver's side window and track that raises it up and down, repair the mount and remount the Craige Quadrophic floor mounted 8-track player and remount the speaker on the back doors, all at Benton County expense, but did warn me not to come back to Camden or Benton County again. It was a different time, in a small Western Tennessee, backwater town. I filed no lawsuit, even though I was over 18, and could have if so inclined. After being made whole again, I took his advice and never went back in the Bright Red Chevy van, as there wasn't another for several counties, and knew I would be a target for Benton County law enforcement reprisal.

Lessons learned: 1. You do not have to be guilty of something to get arrested. 2. Not resisting on the side of the road, out in the middle of nowhere, at 11:30 at night, when law enforcement is chasing others through the woods and sand quarry shooting at unarmed teenagers because the cops are simply too out of shape to keep up, is the smartest move. 3. If they let you out, because they have nothing to hold you on, it is probably better to leave and take up damages in the daytime. 4. Knowing you are an innocent kid, dealing with county law enforcement is good, but it is better when a Federal Judge (not otherwise involve, knows your family for 15 or 20 years, and your father's name is also on the title for co-signing the note.

Mind you, this has nothing to do, with the crooked sheriff's arrest, in years to come for extortion, mail fraud, malfeasance, criminal protection of bootlegging in his dry county, his being removed as sheriff or subsequent prison sentences. Karma, can be a bitch. :cool:

PJ and I were kind of manhandled, back in 1974 by some out of county sheriffs deputies at some sand pits in Carroll County by. We didn't resist, other than me pulling her out of the way, so they didn't run her down with their cars. My 74' Chevy van was parked, locked up the road. After we were locked in the back of a Benton County squad car, they proceeded to bust out a window on my new van to search it, as I would not give them the key in my pocket. Then they stole it, in an undeclared emergency, (not even in their jurisdiction), loaded up a dozen plus teenage kids (they had chased down, shooting shotgun at them in the dark) and hauled us all to Camden, TN, 73 of us between squad cars, and commandeered cars of Bruceton's graduating class, that night. After being jailed, for several hours in Benton County, I was released without charges (as guilty of nothing), but then I saw all the damage to my brand new vehicle, and had to ask, who was paying for the damages. I was told it was my problem, and to get out, or be thrown back in jail. Luckily, we were under the 6th circuit. And, luckily, my dad was known to a Federal Judge in Kentucky. I was told by my father to make an appointment, with Sherriff Phifer, of Benton County. The Sheriff was not willing to accept responsibility and this time, threatened to throw me, and my older brother in jail and "throw away the key". I asked if I could have a phone call and it was granted. I called the number supplied by my dad. When it was connected, I handed the phone to sherriff Jerry Phifer, suggesting he take this call. The judge let him know there would be a Federal Warrant for his arrest, and marshalls to serve it in the morning on a host of charges, if he did not reconsider the situation. He reconsidered, saying he didn't have to, but decided my incarceration would not be necessary, agreed to replace the broken driver's side window and track that raises it up and down, repair the mount and remount the Craige Quadrophic floor mounted 8-track player and remount the speaker on the back doors, all at Benton County expense, but did warn me not to come back to Camden or Benton County again. It was a different time, in a small Western Tennessee, backwater town. I filed no lawsuit, even though I was over 18, and could have if so inclined. After being made whole again, I took his advice and never went back in the Bright Red Chevy van, as there wasn't another for several counties, and knew I would be a target for Benton County law enforcement reprisal.

Lessons learned: 1. You do not have to be guilty of something to get arrested. 2. Not resisting on the side of the road, out in the middle of nowhere, at 11:30 at night, when law enforcement is chasing others through the woods and sand quarry shooting at unarmed teenagers because the cops are simply too out of shape to keep up, is the smartest move. 3. If they let you out, because they have nothing to hold you on, it is probably better to leave and take up damages in the daytime. 4. Knowing you are an innocent kid, dealing with county law enforcement is good, but it is better when a Federal Judge (not otherwise involve, knows your family for 15 or 20 years, and your father's name is also on the title for co-signing the note.

Mind you, this has nothing to do, with the crooked sheriff's arrest, in years to come for extortion, mail fraud, malfeasance, criminal protection of bootlegging in his dry county, his being removed as sheriff or subsequent prison sentences. Karma, can be a bitch. :cool:
I’m sorry I asked

The police were doing nothing unlawful in questioning the man. In that particular situation they would be derelict in their duty to serve and protect if they had NOT seen that as unusual

No I really don't think so.

He explained he didn't have ID but any normal person would have said, it is at my house at (whatever address) near here. And he technically was not required to show ID under the law in that state, but any normal person having ID would have produced it just the same just to reassure the cop that you're on the up and up.

Being in stressful situations does things to the mind. He probably didn't think about that part as at that point he was thinking about his son more than himself under that amount of pressure.

He was not slammed to the ground. He was taken down fairly gently because he was resisting arrest which is illegal in all 50 states and DC.

This cop didn't know shit

Exactly as I know more about the law than this police officer did.

I am not "left." Buttercup is not left. Westwall is not left.

Nor am I.

I’m sorry I asked
Well, at least you now know, I am not completely unfamiliar with Law Enforcement overreach, even if it was many years ago. It did teach me a lesson. I have always made an effort to know and be known by some judges (local, state and federal) up through and including an Attorney General or two, as you just never know, when being known to people of power in the legal system might be beneficial, especially if they think well of you, especially if totally innocent of wrongdoing.

Forum List

Back