Concealed carry permit holder protects a police officer from a mob...no shots fired....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
And another Unicorn of the anti gun extremists.....a concealed carry pistol holder who holds back a mob to protect a police officer in trouble. He doesn't fire a shot...so it won't be recorded anywhere...and lives were more than likely saved....

Police: Concealed Permit Holder Saves Officer Surrounded By Mob - Breitbart

On February 5, an armed citizen saved an Upper Darby police officer who was under assault and encircled by a mob of onlookers.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said “there is no doubt they would have attacked” the officer without the armed citizen’s intervention.

According to Philly.com, the officer was breaking up a fight between two Upper Darby High School students–after school had let out for the day–and one of the students jumped the officer. Superintendent Chitwood said, “As he breaks up the fight, he takes one kid and then the other jumps [on] him. Now he’s fighting two of them and he’s calling for an assist officer at the same time. There’s a crowd of 40 or 50 kids watching the fight, and they all move in towards the officer.”

An area resident with a concealed carry permit saw the officer struggling and the crowd closing in, so he grabbed his gun and ran to the officer’s defense. The resident ordered the kids to get away from the officer and kept them away until sufficient backup arrived. Chitwood said, “He had the gun in his hand, but he didn’t point it at the kids, he just told them to back off. If this guy didn’t come out and come to the aid of the officer, this officer would have had significant problems.”

The officer who was under attack suffered “significant hand injuries” and the first officer to respond to calls for backup “suffered a major injury to a leg when he was kicked by one of the teens in the fight.”

If the crowd didn't back up and kept attacking the cop, what is this guy supposed to do? He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in this day and age... Shoot a kid, get locked up at worst and at best face a civil suit for everything he's worked his life for. If he doesn't help, he has to look at himself in the mirror for the rest of his life knowing he wasn't able to help because of the system.

Really sad that people can't do the right thing now a days unless the stars are aligned. He got lucky this time, and thank god. It's so rare though that it works out that way now a days.

It's so rare though that it works out that way now a days.

No, it is not rare. At least according to the poster 2nd A. He claims successful DGUs happen over 4000 times PER DAY. (1.5 million per year)

that makes DGUs not a rare experience. If you believe those numbers.

Only 3999 more DGUs to go. For today that is.

Okay....tell me....where exactly will this defensive gun use show up in the statistics.......no one was shot, and it wasn't part of the attack....so this, like most other uses goes unreported and unseen..........and outside of the local area...did anyone hear about this who isn't studying gun self defense?

Wilbur...did you see this on your local news?

What about my other post....the concealed carrier who stopped the stabbing...did you see that on your local news?

I thought not.....

It's so rare though that it works out that way now a days.

No, it is not rare. At least according to the poster 2nd A. He claims successful DGUs happen over 4000 times PER DAY. (1.5 million per year)

that makes DGUs not a rare experience. If you believe those numbers.

I don't claim.....actual researchers, many, many researchers, studying defenisive gun use over 40 years make that claim...many of the anti gunners who were looking to disprove defensive gun use numbers only to find in their own research that the number was really high.....

I have a CHL and believe in them, but I find 4000/day a very tough stat to swallow. Would love to see more on that.

If the crowd didn't back up and kept attacking the cop, what is this guy supposed to do? He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in this day and age... Shoot a kid, get locked up at worst and at best face a civil suit for everything he's worked his life for. If he doesn't help, he has to look at himself in the mirror for the rest of his life knowing he wasn't able to help because of the system.

Really sad that people can't do the right thing now a days unless the stars are aligned. He got lucky this time, and thank god. It's so rare though that it works out that way now a days.

The people in the mob knew he couldn't get them all, but none of them wanted to be the first to die.

I have a CHL and believe in them, but I find 4000/day a very tough stat to swallow. Would love to see more on that.

Here you go...

As you can see, a lot of research has been done on the topic....and more than a few are anti gun researchers trying to disprove the idea of defensive gun use......

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Forum List

Back