'Confederate Railroad' banned from state fair

First off, Confederate Railroad made a bad name choice, which was a choice.
They could change their name: Confederate Air Force changed their name to Commemorative Air Force.
Maybe Confederate Railroad will be looking to hire some 'social justice warrior' rep(s) now?
I wish them luck.

Like you ?

They could change their name: Confederate Air Force changed their name to Commemorative Air Force.
Maybe Confederate Railroad will be looking to hire some 'social justice warrior' rep(s) now?
I wish them luck.
They could.

It is FAR more effective to point out the pure insanity in modern PC bullshit though. PC and SJW is wildly unpopular because of stupid stunts like this.

This is why free speech is good - stupid shit like this can ONLY spread in darkness.

'stupid shit' also spreads in the brightest of light too. People often don't see the forest for the trees ........

I wish them luck.
they have been around since 1992.....how come it never mattered until now?...

Times change?

I wish them luck.
They could.

It is FAR more effective to point out the pure insanity in modern PC bullshit though. PC and SJW is wildly unpopular because of stupid stunts like this.

This is why free speech is good - stupid shit like this can ONLY spread in darkness.

'stupid shit' also spreads in the brightest of light too. People often don't see the forest for the trees ........
When it spreads in the light there is a deeper problem that covering it up does nothing to address.

I wish them luck.
They could.

When it spreads in the light there is a deeper problem that covering it up does nothing to address.

you're not telling me something I don't already know; I'm waaaaay ahead of U bro' ..............

I wish them luck.

Times change?
yes it does,but people are supposed to get smarter and have a thing called common sense...

I wish them luck.

Times change?
yes it does,but people are supposed to get smarter and have a thing called common sense...

Yes; I understand the entire PC thing & I'm just as sick of it as anyone but I have been employed in multiple work environments in which being PC is required. I have become used to it over the years & I have no issue with it. Being PC is much more respectful than say, being like Trump during the 2016 campaign, in which Trump insulted, denigrated, and shit on just about everyone & anybody, from US military vets, to handicapped persons, to women, to his own daughter & his (several) wives.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a snowflake but being respectful around others & to others is not a GOP family value. It's a common sense value.

What the fuck were you saying about common sense? Oh, fuck it ................

Unfortunate choice of name there. How about Johnny Who and the Who'ers? The word "confederate" leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

I wish them luck.

Times change?

Yes; I understand the entire PC thing & I'm just as sick of it as anyone but I have been employed in multiple work environments in which being PC is required. I have become used to it over the years & I have no issue with it. Being PC is much more respectful than say, being like Trump during the 2016 campaign, in which Trump insulted, denigrated, and shit on just about everyone & anybody, from US military vets, to handicapped persons, to women, to his own daughter & his (several) wives.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a snowflake but being respectful around others & to others is not a GOP family value. It's a common sense value.

sounds like you are saying you go whichever way the wind blows ......

I wish them luck.

Times change?

sounds like you are saying you go whichever way the wind blows ......

so, you don't prefer to be respectful around others & you don't prefer to be respectful to others?

not my problem .............. it's all you bro' .......

Never heard of the band before.

I have no problem with them being banned from the fair.

It would have made more sense if the person deciding to ban them had made the decision before they were booked in the first place.

Never heard of the band before.

I have no problem with them being banned from the fair.

It would have made more sense if the person deciding to ban them had made the decision before they were booked in the first place.

I'd never heard of them before now either, but I do have a problem with it. Apparently they've been around for years, with that name, whatever it means, so it's not like they just came up with it. But more to the point this state fair that had already booked them, knowing who they were booking, succumbed to outside pressures from some "social media" wag out for a snowflake rush. They should have just told the snowflake to get over their own butthurt. That's coercion. And it tells us they (the state fair people) are gutless.

I wish them luck.

Like you ?

You like me? That's OK; I'm taken .........

Ummm, no.
Just wondering when you're going to offer your SJW services to them.

More nonsense from hyper-sensitive cupcakes.

Confederate Railroad speaks out about cancellation
Posted: Jul 09, 2019 8:54 AM PDTUpdated: Jul 09, 2019 9:47 AM PDT
By Kenzie Dillow
CONNECT

(WSIL) -- After being removed from the Du Quoin State Fair, Confederate Railroad is speaking out about the move.

The group was scheduled to play Aug. 27. The Illinois Department of Agriculture canceled the appearance last week. It didn't give a reason but said it "is in the best interest" of the state.

Confederate Railroad speaks out about cancellation
People’s Republic of Illinois strikes again. Downstaters love country music. Chicago Democrats have ruined the state. You must now get a tax sticker for your tube if you and your friends want to go float down river in summertime.

Forum List

Back