Congresswoman Gabbard goes against the leftist talking points again

Compromise is a four letter word in both camps.

Nope. Sorry.

Sokay. we're a bit of a schizophrenic sociaty.

"There's a lip service paid to compromise, but in the end, the incentive is to do what your base wants," Nargundkar, a senior associate at ALG Research, told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking."

"The base doesn't want doesn't want compromise. They're the ones who vote. They're the ones who donate. They're the ones who make noise," she continued.

"So there's an incentive to sort of appease them, rather than working for bipartisan solutions," she continued.

Dem pollster says political bases don't want compromise

A Harvard Caps/Harris poll released last month found that 73 percent of voters said they wanted Democrats and Republicans to work across party lines in the next Congress, while 27 percent said Republican and Democratic lawmakers should stick to their principles even if it means more gridlock.

But exit polls and midterm results show an increasingly partisan U.S., where Republican districts have become redder, and Democratic districts have become bluer.

Nope. Sorry.

Sokay. we're a bit of a schizophrenic sociaty.

"There's a lip service paid to compromise, but in the end, the incentive is to do what your base wants," Nargundkar, a senior associate at ALG Research, told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking."

"The base doesn't want doesn't want compromise. They're the ones who vote. They're the ones who donate. They're the ones who make noise," she continued.

"So there's an incentive to sort of appease them, rather than working for bipartisan solutions," she continued.

Dem pollster says political bases don't want compromise

A Harvard Caps/Harris poll released last month found that 73 percent of voters said they wanted Democrats and Republicans to work across party lines in the next Congress, while 27 percent said Republican and Democratic lawmakers should stick to their principles even if it means more gridlock.

But exit polls and midterm results show an increasingly partisan U.S., where Republican districts have become redder, and Democratic districts have become bluer.

That poll didn't break down that question about compromise by party affiliation.

This one did....its from 2010.....but it is relevant.

Democrats, Republicans Differ in Views of Compromise in D.C.

Democrats want compromise way more than republicans do.

She'll get primaried.
And trashed by all of you for her progeressive ideas...

So you believe she is right or wrong on this issue? I think she is right on the money. She doesn't seem to be a mindless lefty, she is an actual liberal., they are very rare.
Oh, I tend to agree with her. I am all for telling babyman whatever he wants to hear .Tell him we are going to to build a 100 foot steel wall with gargoyles on it. It won't happen regardless.

But the Democrats should get a concession out of it. That's a basic principle that should be expected.

Just saying "both" camps is compromising in itself by implying we only have two choices.
The MSM does that shit aaaalllll the time.

Well it's a broad generalization. Two major camps doesn't necessarily mean only two choices. Libertarians and other parties were on the last ballot where I live. One had the choice in 2000 to vote for Nader as well.

Oh, I tend to agree with her. I am all for telling babyman whatever he wants to hear .Tell him we are going to to build a 100 foot steel wall with gargoyles on it. It won't happen regardless.
Let's just dig a canal from the Rio Grande west and fill it with alligators.
690.jpg

View attachment 241308
Well, while that will certainly satisfy the hatred and vile fantasies of the xenophobes, i doubt it would be very effective.

Well it's a broad generalization. Two major camps doesn't necessarily mean only two choices. Libertarians and other parties were on the last ballot where I live. One had the choice in 2000 to vote for Nader as well.
I remember the day after it was announced Hillary won the nomination,
Bernie was given the private " don't go third party" warning from Obama.
810.jpg

View attachment 241308
Well, while that will certainly satisfy the hatred and vile fantasies of the xenophobes, i doubt it would be very effective.

Well you'd have to add a mine field or two. OH I know. Have the gators pop out like the lions in Gladiator. That'll stop um!

View attachment 241308

The ones that survived would not starve. :dunno:

Forum List

Back