Conservative hero Richard Spencer admits to being proud of slavery

Spencer told his black interviewer that he was proud that white people enslaved black people and that Britain, where the interviewer had been born and raised, was not his home.

Spencer conceded that slavery had bad consequences, “but, the fact is, yes, I am ultimately proud of it. I’m proud of slavery.”

Richard Spencer Tries To Explain To A Black Journalist Why Slavery Was Good, Fails Miserably

Spencer is a piece of garbage. His grotesque rhetoric is the price we pay for free speech.

Without slavery, where would the blacks be today?
Ya know what? This whole blame on white people for slavery is so bogus.
Back it up a notch and tell me who sold the slaves to the British in AFRICA?
Why it was other BLACKS!
Now, blame the source.

If somebody offers to sell you drugs and you accept do you place the blame on the drug dealer?
Human trafficking is quite different than drug dealing... both sides dealing in human trafficking, those who sell and those who buy are equally at fault

Both sides are at fault in drug dealing as well. In either situation you can't place all the blame on the seller because you decided to buy something you shouldn't have. So arguing that the people who sold slaves were black Africans doesn't excuse the fact that white slave owners chose to take part in a shitty practice.
Buying drugs and taking them is only hurting yourself, that is a personal choice. Yes it is against the law so in that respect they are responsible for the crime, but it is a different type of crime. With human trafficking the buyer and the seller are both violating basic human rights and freedoms of other humans. The crazy thing is that it was in accordance with the law back then making it an even more corrupt and ugly type of situation.

Dems were the party of slavery and segregation.

Southern Democrats before the 1960s. That was over 50 years ago, Ms. Winkle.

Ah yes, thankfully dems have moved on to segregate each minority, race, ethnicity into nice little bouquets so they can further enslave them as victim this or victim that.
Well let me ask you this... If there was a minority group that was being victimized by our system, how would you suggest people act who want to stand up and help them fight for more equal treatment? You seem to be claiming that standing up for their rights is segregating these groups to further enslave them. I'm not understanding your logic.

Spencer told his black interviewer that he was proud that white people enslaved black people and that Britain, where the interviewer had been born and raised, was not his home.

Spencer conceded that slavery had bad consequences, “but, the fact is, yes, I am ultimately proud of it. I’m proud of slavery.”

Richard Spencer Tries To Explain To A Black Journalist Why Slavery Was Good, Fails Miserably

Erm, hero of whose exactly? This is a damn loser and a poser.

I have yet met one conservative who regards this guy as a hero. Most have not even heard of his stupid ass.

But please go on spreading your ignorance.

He is the face of the alt-right, which brought Trump to power.

1. He is not.

2. It did not. See Rust Belt.

Conservative hero? I see no ground swell of support for him.

Forum List

Back