Corporate Tax Revenue Came In 31% Below Predictions, And It's Getting Worse

Gov't must become fiscally responsible, and it must begin at the ballot box. The fact is that the opposite of trickle down has been in play for decades, and our democratic republic has become a Plutocracy.

Fiscal Conservatism simply kicks the can down the road. If the roof leaks, fix it; it the clouds drop copious amounts of rain, fix the creeks, rivers and dams sooner than too late.

It should start with the DOD. The single biggest black hole in the budget. When the DOD says it is unable to account for three trillion dollars, there's a huge problem.

you ever gonna tell us what that living wage should be???

It's self explanatory.
so who have no idea,,,

didnt think you did,, youre just following the commie talking points,,,

You of all people should understand.
$5k/yr @ 50% tax. Increasing property tax.

Not livable.

we are doing just fine,,,,got over 400K in property and assets with less than 90K in house debt,,,

$5k annually?
LOL...
We have a rugged individualist here folks.

You don't pay any income tax then.

our total tax burden last yr was about 50%,,and our property taxs are going up this yr

You're your own problem. Get some assistance.

sorry I'm not a freeloader,,,

Just an embittered loser.

who said I'm a loser???

from my POV I'm a winner because I made it with no help from anyone but family,,,

It should start with the DOD. The single biggest black hole in the budget. When the DOD says it is unable to account for three trillion dollars, there's a huge problem.

you ever gonna tell us what that living wage should be???

It's self explanatory.
so who have no idea,,,

didnt think you did,, youre just following the commie talking points,,,

You of all people should understand.
$5k/yr @ 50% tax. Increasing property tax.

Not livable.

we are doing just fine,,,,got over 400K in property and assets with less than 90K in house debt,,,

There is no way you are paying a $90k mortgage and property taxes with only $5k a year in income.
$5k is less than $100 a week.

An income tax unconstitutional... In reality it makes no sense

You logic makes no sense. Income tax is allowed as part of the 16th amendment, thus it cannot be unconstitutional...since it is part of the Constitution.

you might want to look up what the word unconstitutional means before you use it...just a thought
Lol
Punishment for success… That’s what a progressive income tax is for, that’s why it’s unconstitutional

dude, please learn what unconstitutional means, you are making a food of yourself.

Anti-trust laws are punishment for success and yet you support them...and they do not even have an amendment making them constitutional.
Lol
There’s nothing more inefficient than the federal government re-distributing… Up or down.

1*ZCwdx_LWi8-jeTgGgSDkBQ.jpeg

LOL...
We have a rugged individualist here folks.

You don't pay any income tax then.

our total tax burden last yr was about 50%,,and our property taxs are going up this yr

who said I'm a loser???

from my POV I'm a winner because I made it with no help from anyone but family,,,

I did.

who said I'm a loser???

I did.

and your opinion matters to me why???

Another dumb comment. Seems the Trump sycophants and pseudo conservatives have no clue. It is past time for a fiscal responsible budget policy.

Once I believed the line-item budget would fix the budget, then trump came along.

/—-/ How do you control your budget in your personal life? Just curious what happens when you spend more than you take home.

My wife and I are fiscally responsible. We've never spent more than we earn in the 45 years we've been married. That does not mean we didn't buy a home using a loan, or a car or using a credit care for major purposes such as appliances.

When we needed a new roof, we took out a home loan and paid the interest. (in those days interest was tax deductible - Reagan eliminated that).

Better to take on debt, than to allow the roof to leak and destroy the interior (that is what I mean by fiscally responsible, something the Federal Government seems unable to comprehend).

Balanced budgets are an unmitigated joke, shit happens and all budgets are nothing more than a plan, which is reviewed as time passes by sensible and responsible people.

Thus the talk by fiscal conservatives about a balanced budget amendment would be disastrous.

I’m still waiting for the government to be fiscally responsible. Doubt I’ll see that in my lifetime.

Gov't must become fiscally responsible, and it must begin at the ballot box. The fact is that the opposite of trickle down has been in play for decades, and our democratic republic has become a Plutocracy.

Fiscal Conservatism simply kicks the can down the road. If the roof leaks, fix it; it the clouds drop copious amounts of rain, fix the creeks, rivers and dams sooner than too late.

It’s real easy freeze then cut spending, Raise taxes for a couple years to help pay down the debt. Quit funding research, funding corporations, quit foreign aid and quit enlarging our social programs. Get America on its feet first then we help our residents.
/——/ The only part of your plan that would be enacted is the tax increase. The rest would be quickly forgotten.

Corporations are doing fantastic. Many don’t even pay taxes. And billionaires? They’re making money hand over fist. Republicans see a lot of good.

Corporations are doing fantastic. Many don’t even pay taxes.

Only the ones with no net profits.

how do you know what I do in my private life???

stealing from me and giving to another is not charity, its theft,,,

not to mention the war on poverty is a complete failure,,,
and a civilized society follows the law not violate it,,,
how do you know what I do in my private life???

Your attitude gives you away. You resent the less fortunate for getting "free shit" because you work your ass off and probably aren't all that better off than them.

my attitude is towards the theft of my property by those that dont have a legal right to it,,,

theft is not charity,,,

It's not theft. Our culture has evolved to understand that anyone at anytime could face hardships and that it is better for society to assist during those periods of hardship. It's a social contract that is available to you and yours if the need arises.
You should be grateful that you don't need it rather than begrudging others for their struggles.

Interesting point of view. One wonders if it's a sign that a culture has "evolved" when people in that culture feel that they deserve a "living wage" without working! I would argue that is a sign that said culture has begun a death spiral.

It's certainly a sign that our economy is not working for the majority of Americans any longer. There wouldn't need to be any discussions of support if people earned a wage they could live and thrive on.

When you don't want to work but expect that society "owes" you a living wage...how is that in any way a reflection on how well the economy is working?

My question for you is a simple one. Why should anyone expect to "thrive" when they aren't willing to work?

Why do Republicans defend people who don’t want you to have health care because it costs too much and don’t want to pay you a living wage?

/—-/ How do you control your budget in your personal life? Just curious what happens when you spend more than you take home.

My wife and I are fiscally responsible. We've never spent more than we earn in the 45 years we've been married. That does not mean we didn't buy a home using a loan, or a car or using a credit care for major purposes such as appliances.

When we needed a new roof, we took out a home loan and paid the interest. (in those days interest was tax deductible - Reagan eliminated that).

Better to take on debt, than to allow the roof to leak and destroy the interior (that is what I mean by fiscally responsible, something the Federal Government seems unable to comprehend).

Balanced budgets are an unmitigated joke, shit happens and all budgets are nothing more than a plan, which is reviewed as time passes by sensible and responsible people.

Thus the talk by fiscal conservatives about a balanced budget amendment would be disastrous.

I’m still waiting for the government to be fiscally responsible. Doubt I’ll see that in my lifetime.

It’s real easy freeze then cut spending, Raise taxes for a couple years to help pay down the debt. Quit funding research, funding corporations, quit foreign aid and quit enlarging our social programs. Get America on its feet first then we help our residents.
/——/ The only part of your plan that would be enacted is the tax increase. The rest would be quickly forgotten.

I agree, I notice the left likes it when I talk tax increases but when I mention cutting lots of programs they clam up.

That’s the problem with compromise, the left wants it all.

I agree, I notice the left likes it when I talk tax increases but when I mention cutting lots of programs they clam up.

You really can't think out of the box.

Penny wise, and pound foolish.

You really can't think out of the box.

Penny wise, and pound foolish.

We have been thinking outside the box and look at the mess we are in. Raise taxes and cutting spending is the quickest way out of this problem. So far you type of thinking has kept the debt growing, congrats on your success.

Why do Republicans defend people who don’t want you to have health care because it costs too much and don’t want to pay you a living wage?

How much IS a "living wage"?

Just a little bit more than you are worth.

Says the little white boy who complains about everyone else's "off topic" posts. Answer he question, surely an educated self proclaimed "elite" can put a number to it.....

It depends. In my neighborhood or yours?

The annual Medium income in mine is $129,515; in my son's $62,637

How much IS a "living wage"?

Just a little bit more than you are worth.

Says the little white boy who complains about everyone else's "off topic" posts. Answer he question, surely an educated self proclaimed "elite" can put a number to it.....

It depends. In my neighborhood or yours?

The annual Medium income in mine is $129,515; in my son's $62,637

Answer the question kid.

Forum List

Back