Corporate welfare in action ....

Thanks!
Those are covered by the $5 million in my example.
Plus sales tax, gas tax, etc.

Your example is imaginary. My examples have been real. Nice try though. Like I showed in WI corps can get a refund!

Your example is imaginary. My examples have been real.

I looked at your examples.
They're still unclear. They say "handed out taxpayer money", but I didn't see anything about appropriated funds being handed out.

If they were "reduced tax rates", then they should be more clear.

Like I showed in WI corps can get a refund!

I'd be against anything that actually resulted in a special rate that allowed refunds.

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples. Give a real example where the state got a good deal.

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples.

Examples where government actually handed checks to corporations?
I didn't see any.
I'm against cases like that.

Temporarily cutting a tax is fine with me.
Cut them all permanently for everyone would be better.

Yes cutting all is fine. Special deals bad.
I'm good with cutting all as well.

They harm taxpayers. A 2012 Cato report found that the federal government spends about $100 billion annually on corporate welfare. Repealing the spending would save every household in the nation an average of about $800 a year.

A 2012 Cato report found that the federal government spends about $100 billion annually on corporate welfare. Repealing the spending

If it's actually spending....cut it.

If they consider a reduced tax rate...."spending", they need to stop lying.

There's no such thing as corporate welfare.

What would you call it then when corporations get free money?
what exactly is free money?

If the tax credits exceed the amount of taxes due in a given year, the corporation can actually receive a refund from the state.

Example of this? Yes we thought not.

You must be blind.

We are still waiting for you to post one example, I think its official you are Fake News!

If the tax credits exceed the amount of taxes due in a given year, the corporation can actually receive a refund from the state.

You must be blind.

We are still waiting for you to post one example, I think its official you are Fake News!

Then you are illiterate.

You must be blind.

Then you are illiterate.
or we missed it. which post number?

If you add these altogether, you see that federal, state and local governments force American families to give, on average, $2436 per year to companies that certainly don’t need the handouts (or shouldn’t be in business if they do). That $2436 could go a long, long way for most families, whether it was spent on food and clothing, vacation, a college fund, or whatever mom, dad and the kids most need. Indeed, considering that the average American family spends around $6500 per year on food, eliminating these corporate subsidies and returning the savings to taxpayers could pay for about 4.5 months-worth of groceries.

Calculating the Real Cost of Corporate Welfare

If you add these altogether, you see that federal, state and local governments force American families to give, on average, $2436 per year to companies that certainly don’t need the handouts (or shouldn’t be in business if they do). That $2436 could go a long, long way for most families, whether it was spent on food and clothing, vacation, a college fund, or whatever mom, dad and the kids most need. Indeed, considering that the average American family spends around $6500 per year on food, eliminating these corporate subsidies and returning the savings to taxpayers could pay for about 4.5 months-worth of groceries.

Allowing corporations to keep their own money they earned is not corporate welfare.

Allowing corporations to keep their own money they earned is not corporate welfare.

Giving them services they don't pay for is welfare.

what services?

You must be blind.

The most recent obvious example is carrier deal, where all those jobs went to mexico anyways.
But in more general terms, there are these companies which got rebates instead of paying tax.

LOL what services?

what services?

Clearly you don't have a clue.

Forum List

Back