Corporate welfare in action ....

Becoming dependent on corp welfare weakens our companies on a global scale.

The highest corporate tax rate in the world weakens our companies.
And drives jobs out of the country to countries with lower tax rates and employees making lower salaries. Say hello to unemployment in the states. Now we're paying our citizens for sitting at home.

Well it is anti capitalism and free market. You think gov picking winners and losers is better than free market?

You like higher taxes? Company moves or expands paid by tax payers. Tax payer loses.
well why do states care that a business come to their state then? especially when the state says, we'll give you this kind of deal? you think it's because they would lose money? you can't be that stupid can you?

It seems you are that stupid. Company gets great deal. Politician says look at all these great jobs. Tax payer gets hosed.
how does the tax payer get hosed?

Don't be stupid now.

Why should they pay for a company to move or expand? These millions getting thrown around are from tax payers! This is no different than social welfare.
they pay? hmmm don't think so, corporations are offered a deal to pay in less, that's all. and that less is still more then them leaving.

I've given examples of corps getting millions and cutting jobs.

I guess the company has a bad business model and needs to be propped up with tax incentive?

Or not.
Or not? Why else give them tax deal? If they can afford it why should the tax payer pay?

Why else give them tax deal?

Companies with good business models never get a deal? Only ones with bad models?

If they can afford it why should the tax payer pay?

A lower tax rate shouldn't mean the tax payer pays.

The money comes from somewhere. They still collect services. Are services free?

The money comes from somewhere.

Charging a new factory $5 million a year, instead of $10 million a year, is better than the $1 million being charged for farmland.

They still collect services.

Which ones?

Are services free?

No. Government provided services are way too expensive.

Municipal services - Wikipedia

Nobody pays that. Don't worry congress will fix it. Ha

Nobody pays that.

Not when you average in their lower rate on foreign earnings.

Lots of deductions.

When you deduct COGS, for instance, your corporate tax rate is still 35%.

well why do states care that a business come to their state then? especially when the state says, we'll give you this kind of deal? you think it's because they would lose money? you can't be that stupid can you?

It seems you are that stupid. Company gets great deal. Politician says look at all these great jobs. Tax payer gets hosed.

Don't be stupid now.

Why should they pay for a company to move or expand? These millions getting thrown around are from tax payers! This is no different than social welfare.
they pay? hmmm don't think so, corporations are offered a deal to pay in less, that's all. and that less is still more then them leaving.

those were all tax incentives, they did not hand those corporations that money. Solyndra we did, and that bombed eh?

Or not? Why else give them tax deal? If they can afford it why should the tax payer pay?

Companies with good business models never get a deal? Only ones with bad models?

Charging a new factory $5 million a year, instead of $10 million a year, is better than the $1 million being charged for farmland.

Which ones?

Are services free?

Thanks!
Those are covered by the $5 million in my example.
Plus sales tax, gas tax, etc.

Nobody pays that. Don't worry congress will fix it. Ha

Nobody pays that.

Not when you average in their lower rate on foreign earnings.

Lots of deductions.

When you deduct COGS, for instance, your corporate tax rate is still 35%.
don't corps pick up healthcare costs?

Don't be stupid now.

those were all tax incentives, they did not hand those corporations that money. Solyndra we did, and that bombed eh?

No they were not all. Read the thread.

Yes bombed. Gov isn't good at picking winners and losers.

Which ones?

Are services free?

Thanks!

Your example is imaginary. My examples have been real. Nice try though. Like I showed in WI corps can get a refund!

Don't be stupid now.

why would they be picking anything? they are collecting revenues.

Collect from tax payers and giving to corps.

Collect from tax payers and giving to corps.
Corporations are offered incentives. when people earn money the state receives revenue, and doesn't pay out individual welfare. tax payers get double the reward. plus corps buy material, ship, the employees buy gas, shop more often. what a win, shit even may bring in other business.

Last edited:

Which ones?

Are services free?

Thanks!

Your example is imaginary. My examples have been real. Nice try though. Like I showed in WI corps can get a refund!

Your example is imaginary. My examples have been real.

I looked at your examples.
They're still unclear. They say "handed out taxpayer money", but I didn't see anything about appropriated funds being handed out.

If they were "reduced tax rates", then they should be more clear.

Like I showed in WI corps can get a refund!

I'd be against anything that actually resulted in a special rate that allowed refunds.

Which ones?

Are services free?

Thanks!

They're still unclear. They say "handed out taxpayer money", but I didn't see anything about appropriated funds being handed out.

I'd be against anything that actually resulted in a special rate that allowed refunds.

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples. Give a real example where the state got a good deal.

Which ones?

Are services free?

Thanks!

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples. Give a real example where the state got a good deal.

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples.

Examples where government actually handed checks to corporations?
I didn't see any.
I'm against cases like that.

Temporarily cutting a tax is fine with me.
Cut them all permanently for everyone would be better.

They harm taxpayers. A 2012 Cato report found that the federal government spends about $100 billion annually on corporate welfare. Repealing the spending would save every household in the nation an average of about $800 a year.

Thanks!

You need to read the thread then. Lots of examples.

Examples where government actually handed checks to corporations?
I didn't see any.
I'm against cases like that.

Temporarily cutting a tax is fine with me.
Cut them all permanently for everyone would be better.

Yes cutting all is fine. Special deals bad.

Forum List

Back