Could all Religions Come Together?

Speaking of brainless...Another tiny minded ape-like creature makes what passes for its thoughts known.

Which Bible?

There are literally dozens based on the Council of Rome and that doesn't include the Gnostic texts and let us not forget the Eastern churches and their own bibles.

The King James Bible is used by the vast majority of Christians world wide, the other interpretations are just that--------interpretations.

and as to your weak attempt at insulting me------------LOL you fail.

The King James Bible is used by the vast majority of Christians world wide, the other interpretations are just that--------interpretations.

and as to your weak attempt at insulting me------------LOL you fail.
King James?
Translated from Latin of a book whose contents were determined by a pope at least 400 years after the events they claim to describe?

And you say it is not an interpretation?

I don't insult you. Your posts do that.

King James?
Translated from Latin of a book whose contents were determined by a pope at least 400 years after the events they claim to describe?

And you say it is not an interpretation?

I don't insult you. Your posts do that.
all versions of the Bible are interpretations or translations, all versions of the koran and torah are interpretations or translations. your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance

Because
If anything I believe is true then EVERYTHING you believe is false.

And that is the biggest threat of all.
I know everything I believe is true. I don't know what you believe, but I doubt that I would declare all you believe is false. I don't see any threat.

For example, I don't think jewelry and big mansions are that big of a deal in my life. That's my loss. If you have know interest in seeking God, that is your loss. My lack of interest in mansions and jewelry and your lack of interest in God is not a threat to anyone.

No, the denial is on your end and you're denying 6000 years of human history.
Not really. It is recognizing there are wheat and there are tares and they grow together. It is not religion that is the problem or even government (some of the time). Wars are always caused and pursued by people who want power, wealth, and territory.

We grew up with separation of Church and State and neglect to remember that the two were once closely intertwined. Government sent their oldest sons into politics and their younger sons into the Church. When government wanted a war, power, territory, they used Church to announce it was God's will.

Your judgement of how the rich and powerful used Church and State fails to take into account the lives of the poor and middle class. Greed and power are unfailingly attracted to already formed unions. They see good people as pawns and they infiltrate for their own non-religious goals.

I have studied such things as: which is the most reliable Bible.. hands down, it is the Douay Rheims, which was deliberately NOT interpretative, even when the translator knew that the meaning of the passage might be lost in translation from one language to another... the original languages being those spoken by Christ (Aramaic, Hebrew)

So anyhow, there is great confusion in the Christian world about what really happened in history (what is the Catholic Church really guilty of, etc)

Well, I never said Catholics throughout history were all saints.. I do think, however, there were more saints or at least more saintly behavior before Vatican II when the commies and liberals took over the Vatican.. But of course, no one can prove such things as: Was the Inquisition all bad? It just makes sense to say that No, it was not... Plus I have read about how people accused of wrongdoing would ASK for an Inquisition Court as opposed to the secular one run by the king. That's bc they knew the Inquisition Court was run by priests who had to give an account to God... (the kings did also but sometimes they let power go to their head and etc.) Also, there is this: the Inquisition did not condemn anyone to death, bu merely told the secular ruler that such and such person was guilty of heresy... which used to be punished by the secular ruler/king, sometimes w/ death if the person did not recant. A lot of people basically asked for their own death bc they refused to defer to the Church. Yet if you believe that the Church cannot teach error, why would you not recant your own error? Well, I guess not all Catholics (even b4 Vatican II) believed the Church was indefectible in its magestarial teachings... However, that is contrary to Christ who said that the gates of Hell (heresy) would not prevail against HIS Church.

etc.... etc

Well, yes. They truly are.
Christianity spread at the point of a spear or gun. You know, just like gangs.
Gangs can be very kind to peoples under their control. And very cruel to those outside their control.
Just like Christians
You think like the demons.
Your Atheistic alternative is every bit as violent as what you criticize. Fuck hell and it's demonic spawn. I'd prefer to live under Islam than secular humanism, aka Atheism

all versions of the Bible are interpretations or translations, all versions of the koran and torah are interpretations or translations. your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance
So YOU'RE saying that a book
Interpreted from Latin
That is supposed to be the exact words
Written in Latin 200 years after the events they claim to document
of people who spoke Hebrew, not Latin
Is the "word of God?"

And you've the nerve to call ANYONE ignorant?

You clearly display the certainty and stupidity of the ignorant.

Don't forget the latest book of the Bible

shopping

God's latest kid.

I know everything I believe is true. I don't know what you believe, but I doubt that I would declare all you believe is false. I don't see any threat.

For example, I don't think jewelry and big mansions are that big of a deal in my life. That's my loss. If you have know interest in seeking God, that is your loss. My lack of interest in mansions and jewelry and your lack of interest in God is not a threat to anyone.
try again.
If ANYTHING I believe, how about this,

The Creation and Garden of Eden stories are complete fabrications

Then EVERYTHING you believe MUST be false

No one around to write about creation so Moses just made it up.
If the creation story is false then everything built upon it must also be false.

Muslims and Jews are just as certain as you of the "truth" in their books and, like you, if Jesus was either a misinformed rabbi, hen Christianity is wrong. If Jesus was the "son of God" then they are wrong in all they believe.

The only middle ground is for your to believe what you believe and let others do the same. Stop trying to force your beliefs, whatever they are, on others.

Not really. It is recognizing there are wheat and there are tares and they grow together. It is not religion that is the problem or even government (some of the time). Wars are always caused and pursued by people who want power, wealth, and territory.

We grew up with separation of Church and State and neglect to remember that the two were once closely intertwined. Government sent their oldest sons into politics and their younger sons into the Church. When government wanted a war, power, territory, they used Church to announce it was God's will.

Your judgement of how the rich and powerful used Church and State fails to take into account the lives of the poor and middle class. Greed and power are unfailingly attracted to already formed unions. They see good people as pawns and they infiltrate for their own non-religious goals.
You do understand that the purpose of the theist religions along with government is to protect the rich from the poor, don't you?

Back then
Jews believed worship got them better crops, protection from illness... and when you die, you die
But people looked at the wealthy priesthood and their own lives and said no
So the priests came back and said "did we say die forever?" No we meant until the righteous are risen to spend eternity with god.
And that was OK for a while
Then the Christians came along and said "we got a better offer."
Worship here and you get to go to Heaven and be with god now
Then the Muslims came along and said "we got an even better offer"
When you die you go to heaven with god and you get 40 virgins
And then the Mormons came along and said "how about this?"
Worship here and when you die and go to heaven you get powers just like God.....

But look at all of them
Their leaders are incredibly wealthy and political powerful

It ain't never been about your soul friend.

You think like the demons.
Your Atheistic alternative is every bit as violent as what you criticize. Fuck hell and it's demonic spawn. I'd prefer to live under Islam than secular humanism, aka Atheism
No such thing as demons.
Yet here you are telling me how these non-existent creatures think.

AND

You consider this a cogent argument.

try again.
If ANYTHING I believe, how about this,

The Creation and Garden of Eden stories are complete fabrications
"Complete fabrications"...No. Does the account use well-known literary elements? Yes. Easily identified are Just So Stories, Fable, Folklore, Allegory, and perhaps Legend. The themes and lessons are clear, but presented in literary form instead of Encyclopedic or scientific method formats.

Stop trying to force your beliefs, whatever they are, on others.
Excuse me? Have I ever forced my beliefs on you? My atheist, grandfather, uncle, husband, and in-laws would testify I do not. Why? Are you trying to force non-belief on me and others?

You do understand that the purpose of the theist religions along with government is to protect the rich from the poor, don't you?
And you understand that we poor know religion is much more than that, don't you. Many of the poor know more than the rich.

"Complete fabrications"...No. Does the account use well-known literary elements? Yes. Easily identified are Just So Stories, Fable, Folklore, Allegory, and perhaps Legend. The themes and lessons are clear, but presented in literary form instead of Encyclopedic or scientific method formats.
As i said, and you just confirmed, the "word of god" is nothing but fabrications

Excuse me? Have I ever forced my beliefs on you? My atheist, grandfather, uncle, husband, and in-laws would testify I do not. Why? Are you trying to force non-belief on me and others?
You try.
Look at the title of the thread.
If you are Christian then proselytizing is a requirement of your faith. The same is true for Islam.
But until you're willing to live and let live...

I am Buddhist. I don't care what you believe
I can tell you the reasons for what I believe.
Can you tell me why you worship an entity who murdered everyone except his favored few and tortured his most loyal follower on a bet with the devil?

As i said, and you just confirmed, the "word of god" is nothing but fabrications
I am sorry you misunderstood--or very, very sorry the concept is impossible for you to grasp. Do you remember learning about themes in school?

You try.
Look at the title of the thread.
If you are Christian then proselytizing is a requirement of your faith. The same is true for Islam.
But until you're willing to live and let live...
In fact, proselytizing is not required. As St. Francis was to have reportedly said, "Proclaim the Gospel always. If necessary, use words."

The Body of Christ is a family, and currently the family is not getting along as well as it could. It is possible to live and let live and still practice understanding and unity in Christ. That merely means giving up the bickering.

I am Buddhist. I don't care what you believe
I can tell you the reasons for what I believe.
Can you tell me why you worship an entity who murdered everyone except his favored few and tortured his most loyal follower on a bet with the devil?
There is a Buddhist or two in my family. I know the reasons for what they believe. If you would like to share yours, I am happy to listen.

1. I see you enjoy believing God is a murderer. Why is that?
2. Are you aware that the Book of Job is a play that addresses the age old question of why bad things happen to good people? Job is either a fictional character, or perhaps more likely, a conglomerate of several good people to whom bad things happened. (Look at the opening lines of the Book. It is still obvious it is a play.)

Forum List

Back