🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could Kim Actually Want to Change His Hermite Kingdom?

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
It's not partisan. I do doubt it, but like other things I've seen in my lifetime the like the fall of Communism could be. What is undeniable is that the wheels are in motion.

He might "want" to change because he was summoned to the Chinese woodshed and given his marching orders.

Still no idea how things are going to turn out but for now things are moving in the right direction at least.

It's not partisan. I do doubt it, but like other things I've seen in my lifetime the like the fall of Communism could be. What is undeniable is that the wheels are in motion.
No. Kim only wants to preserve the Kim legacy and his personal status. If this is the case (changing the country), it is merely incidental. The guy isn't suddenly going to find morality, just because his nuke program fell on it's face. He is trying to ply economic concessions from a man he sees as weak and vulnerable to personal praise.

Most dictators hang on until they're killed. Maybe this one is a tad smarter than the average. Play it right and he could retire comfortably with lots of cash and lots of toys.

No. Kim only wants to preserve the Kim legacy and his personal status. If this is the case (changing the country), it is merely incidental. The guy isn't suddenly going to find morality, just because his nuke program fell on it's face. He is trying to ply economic concessions from a man he sees as weak and vulnerable to personal praise.
Fair enough. The point is that the wheel is in motion. It is inevitable.

I think he saw what S.Korea was able to do in the Winter Olympics and he wants to come out of the shadows and turn N.Korea into a wealthy nation like their Southern neighbors.

Fair enough. The point is that the wheel is in motion. It is inevitable.
But the wheel has been in motion for 30 years. Remember, this is not the first time NoKo has made these exact same promises.

I’m going to be optimistic and say we’re on the verge of seeing a major shift in attitude from Kim. I think he knows his survival is at stake.
He knows Trump is a strong president who isn’t going to tolerate his BS.

But the wheel has been in motion for 30 years. Remember, this is not the first time NoKo has made these exact same promises.
Bull, this is the first time the wheel has creaked since the 1950s. Don't bother responding.
Completely false. The elder Kim promised to completely end the nuclear program, and that was when they did NOT already have nuclear weapons. In fact, the program was halted for years, until talks broke down.

You need to read your history, sir, before getting all huffy.

Bull, this is the first time the wheel has creaked since the 1950s. Don't bother responding.
Completely false. The elder Kim promised to completely end the nuclear program, and that was when they did NOT already have nuclear weapons. In fact, the program was halted for years, until talks broke down.

I can't deal with this level of simplicity. If you can't understand that something's happening, I can't help.

I can't deal with this level of simplicity. If you can't understand that something's happening, I can't help.
I understand that they already have nuclear weapons. And I am pointing out the similarities between today and the past. If you can't explain your own points, then that is due to your own shortcomings in articulating your thoughts in the English language. Don't lay that at my feet.

So, go ahead...explain the profundity and uniqueness of today's situation, professor.

He needs a new terlit and the ones at Home Depot look damn good to Kim...I bet he doesn't allow more than 22 internet sites in North Korea.

I understand that they already have nuclear weapons. And I am pointing out the similarities between today and the past. If you can't explain your own points, then that is due to your own shortcomings in articulating your thoughts in the English language. Don't lay that at my feet.

So, go ahead...explain the profundity and uniqueness of today's situation, professor.
I am still hoping for a less simplistic dialogue, yet it is getting late where I am. Say goodnight, dingbat.

Meathead, that is a good question.

Sure, he would, if he still gets to be El Supremo.

And, p.s., he won't give up the nukes.

But what leverage is Trump going to use? He is not going to invade.
What leverage has he used thus far?

Just a few months ago Trumps actions to fat boy had lefty idiots blathering he was going to get us into a nuclear war, the mad man!

Then China brings him in for a talking to and before you know it fatso's in SK making nice-nice, followed with positive statements about his nukes and whatnot, and now a summit date and location are set.

How'd all that happen?

Meathead, you have no idea what is in Kim's head, so behave, yeah?

Kim wants to survive. So does South Korea.

The logical answer is to collapse the already dead testing site tunnels, promise to get ready of the bombs (which will not happen), blow kisses at Trump, and turn to China.

Forum List

Back