Could Republicans sue to keep Biden on the ballot?

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
If they are successful THEN what happens? They force Biden to stay on the ballot? What if he wins? THEN what are going to claim?

Is this all because Trump doesn't want to run against a girl?!?

Just a few hours before President Joe Biden announced that he will not seek a second term in the White House, Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson threatened lawsuits to try to force Biden to appear as the Democratic candidate on at least some state ballots.​
“Every state has its own system,” Johnson told ABC News, “and in some of these, it’s not possible to simply just switch out a candidate.”​

Last edited:
If they are successful THEN what happens? They force Biden to stay on the ballot? What if he wins? THEN what are going to claim?

Could Republicans sue to keep Biden on the ballot?

Just a few hours before President Joe Biden announced that he will not seek a second term in the White House, Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson threatened lawsuits to try to force Biden to appear as the Democratic candidate on at least some state ballots.

“Every state has its own system,” Johnson told ABC News, “and in some of these, it’s not possible to simply just switch out a candidate.”
Anybody can sue for anything. Winning is a completely different story.
If you are that scared of the Harris/Whoever ticket, be my guest. File tomorrow. It's your money.

First I've heard of that. That would go nowhere since the Democrats control the DOJ. This is all eerily familiar how the Democrats took the nomination from Bernie Sanders and handed it to Joe Biden via his buddy Jim Clyburn. Now apparently Kamala ALREADY has enough delegate "endorsements" that virtually assures no competition in their "open" convention. HOORAY FOR DEMOCRACY!!!

Anybody can sue for anything. Winning is a completely different story.
If you are that scared of the Harris/Whoever ticket, be my guest. File tomorrow. It's your money.
Is it really their money though? And I don't think they're suing to get money, I think that in all likelihood they'd be suing to get an injunction preventing Harris from replacing Biden as the Democratic candidate. Essentially forcing Biden to run which seems a little bit bizarre to me but this is just as new to me as it is to everyone else.

No--and why would they? If the democrats don't show their hand before the convention, they won't be on the ballots of some states--do you think an unpopular, incompetent VP candidate can afford to concede electoral votes to the opposition?

Is it really their money though? And I don't think they're suing to get money, I think that in all likelihood they'd be suing to get an injunction preventing Harris from replacing Biden as the Democratic candidate. Essentially forcing Biden to run which seems a little bit bizarre to me but this is just as new to me as it is to everyone else.
Lawsuits cost money. I would not file if no chance of winning at least lawyer fees. Most people are not like Trump and have to pay their legal fee bills.

First I've heard of that. That would go nowhere since the Democrats control the DOJ. This is all eerily familiar how the Democrats took the nomination from Bernie Sanders and handed it to Joe Biden via his buddy Jim Clyburn. Now apparently Kamala ALREADY has enough delegate "endorsements" that virtually assures no competition in their "open" convention. HOORAY FOR DEMOCRACY!!!
Stupid thinking.

For his sake I would hope not. He needs to rest and take it easy, not be drug around by handlers who are simply using him. It would only get worse in the next 4 years, not better.

Forum List

Back