Could the Presidential Election be Delayed if Hillary's Forced out of the Race?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
I've been seeing a whole lot about this on the internet. Some claim the DNC is already making moves to have Joe Biden become the candidate. Others are talking about delaying it until some future date. That also raised the possibility of Obama continuing in office. However, it appears that the Speaker of the House would become president pro tem until the election can be conducted. The constitution places the authority for conducting federal elections on the states but gives Congress the authority for overriding them in certain conditions.

A discussion of this is in a GAO pdf from March 2001 on The President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives @ http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d01470.pdf

The question came up in a blog @ Will November Election Still Happen If Hillary Drops Out? - Patriot Update

And here's another blog with lots and lots of links - If Hillary Is Replaced because of her Health @ Political Pistachio: If Hillary Is Replaced because of her Health

I believe the Presidential Election date is set by law and would have to be changed by Congress. On the other hand, political parties are free to select or replace candidates in any way they see fit. Kane could even replace Clinton if a Biden or Sanders choice was deemed too divisive for the D's. This might also create an opening for Warren to be picked as VP.

Last edited:
I read on Breitbart that Obama's going to cancel the election, and declare martial law until 2020.

Do you Hillary cheer leaders ever say (or think about) anything of substance?

Forum List

Back