Could we claim illegal discrimination at a gay bar?

Could I sue for damages a gay bar that refused to let heterosexuals in? We already are Suing bakeries who won't bake cakes for someone.
I've never heard of a gay bar that discriminated against hetero's, only homophobes.

It is a hypothetical situation. What happens if so many normal people attend one of these bars that it drives away the homos. The bar owner then enacts a policy that bans straights. Would we be able to sue?

What happens if so many black people start attending a bar that it drives away the red neck bigot patrons. The bar owner then enacts a policy that bans African Americans. Would African Americans be able to sue?

Could I sue for damages a gay bar that refused to let heterosexuals in? We already are Suing bakeries who won't bake cakes for someone.
I've never heard of a gay bar that discriminated against hetero's, only homophobes.

It is a hypothetical situation. What happens if so many normal people attend one of these bars that it drives away the homos. The bar owner then enacts a policy that bans straights. Would we be able to sue?

What happens if so many black people start attending a bar that it drives away the red neck bigot patrons. The bar owner then enacts a policy that bans African Americans. Would African Americans be able to sue?

Yes. Any other questions.

What if a group of church goers decided to stop into a bar for a drink and it happen to be gay. Lets say the number of church goers was a lot. So much so that their preaching about the unholiness of homosexuality actually started to drive away customers. Could the bar owner deny them service? The answer is NO because it is a public facility and it has to serve everyone just like the people who had to make a cake for some dudes who wanted to get married. I think if I was a member of some church then maybe that is a good way to drive away the gay bars. Just show up to one and tell all the patrons how unholy their lives are and if they get kicked out then they can sue but because the courts are ran by liberals they probably wont get very far. That means their is no such thing as equality under the law for people who the judge in the court system happens to not like. That is the America we live in!

Last edited:

What if a group of church goers decided to stop into a bar for a drink and it happen to be gay. Lets say the number of church goers was a lot. So much so that their preaching about the unholiness of homosexuality actually started to drive away customers. Could the bar owner deny them service?

The bar owner couldn't deny them service just for being assholes, or even being religious assholes.

However, if the churchgoers- fine drunken Christians that they are- are 'preaching' i.e. being loud and obnoxious in a way that disrupted the business- sure he could toss them out.

But of course they could sue- because anyone can sue for any reason.

Doesn't mean that they would win.

Just like you could sue a gay bar for refusing to kick you out of the bar- any idiot can file a law suit.

Just say you're gay, and then you can get in.

What about ugly people not allowed into certain establishments? Or people not wearing the right clothes?

If it is illegal the. We can sue.

Then sue.

Waste loads of money over something like this, get judges and lawyers involved, and the lawyers rich.

Isn't this the American way?

Does that mean that you agree with homosexuals not allowing heterosexuals into an establishment?

Do you know of any gay bar that asks people whether they are gay or not before they go in? I don't. I know a place that has a Tuesday night gay night, but they allow non gay people to go if they choose.

What if a group of church goers decided to stop into a bar for a drink and it happen to be gay. Lets say the number of church goers was a lot. So much so that their preaching about the unholiness of homosexuality actually started to drive away customers. Could the bar owner deny them service? The answer is NO because it is a public facility and it has to serve everyone just like the people who had to make a cake for some dudes who wanted to get married. I think if I was a member of some church then maybe that is a good way to drive away the gay bars. Just show up to one and tell all the patrons how unholy their lives are and if they get kicked out then they can sue but because the courts are ran by liberals they probably wont get very far. That means their is no such thing as equality under the law for people who the judge in the court system happens to not like. That is the America we live in!

Does the bar have a cabaret license? No? Then the Christians are not allowed to "perform." The bar owner might politely ask them to stop, or they might be arrested for breaking the law.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a gay bar refusing someone in because of their sexual orientation. Gay bars get a lot of straight people in their bars.

So you are just looking to harass them? Wow, you sound like an real asshole.

Depends on the public accommodations laws in place that governed that particular establishment, they vary from place to place.

Why do I have a feeling that "Super" Democrat is going to try testing out his question at as many gay establishments as he can find...

I've never heard of a gay bar refusing someone in because of their sexual orientation. Gay bars get a lot of straight people in their bars.
That may be true, or not, but isn't the point. It's a hypothetical question given recent rulings. Should they be allowed to refuse a man/woman couple?

That may be true, or not, but isn't the point. It's a hypothetical question given recent rulings. Should they be allowed to refuse a man/woman couple?
In an equal free market society anyone should be free to discriminate against anyone for any reason.
In our society, if we can't discriminate against making gay cakes they can't discriminate from providing service to heterosexuals.

If you can prove that you were discriminated against based on your sexual orientation, there's a good chance you could successfully bring suit. On the other hand, if you're just trolling, then the judge will likely dismiss this thr--er, your case with haste.

It is flat out illegal for a bar to refuse service to a heterosexual couple. What is on more shaky legal ground, however, are ladies nights. Once can make the argument that differential pricing on the basis of gender is illegal.

Exactly. At the end of the day, they are businesses. The more people in attendance, the more drinks you will sell. At the end of the day, most "gay bars" didn't start out as such. They were just bars, and they happened to develop a certain regular clientele.

Forum List

Back