Country of "Heroes" or Socially Psychological Mass Absurdity???

Alexandre Fedorovski

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
A quarter of a century ago, a tragic incident occurred on the infamous I-5 in the Tacoma area (Washington state): a policeman who was not on duty driving a motorcycle UI at full speed “crashed” into the truck and died on the spot. Local newspapers published a message about it under the heading "American Hero Died."

I still do not understand what a heroic act a drunken policeman committed. Driving under the influence of alcohol, as I know, is a crime.That the tragedy happened - yes,no doubt, but not an act of heroism happened.

Today, CBS reported that another compatriot of our country, a special OPS soldier, was killed in Afghanistan. But it was again presented to the public as "The American hero died."

The noun heroism comes from the Greek hērōs, which referred to a demigod. As someone who shows great courage and valor is referred to as a hero, their actions are considered to be acts of heroism.

19th Century lawyer Robert Green Ingersoll said it well:

“When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death — that is heroism.”

Media controlled by special interest groups form and support false stereotypes of thinking in American society. People - debtors of banks, who are forced to work two jobs, women who are forced to work even moonlight shifts and can't raise kids, are encouraged that they belong to a "nation of heroes".

This allows even ignoramuses who do not know countries the United States of America borders with to experience a false sense of pride.

I call it a manageable mass hysteria as a means of manipulating people's minds.

Though traditionally in sociology and psychology, mass hysteria (also known as mass psychogenic illness, collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior) is defined as "a phenomenon that transmits collective illusions of threats, whether real or imaginary, through a population in society as a result of rumors and fear (memory acknowledgement)".

As it often happens, scientific definitions lag behind life and need to be adjusted. The above fact is the very case when we must clarify the definition.

I know what war is and to get injured, even fatal, from a fragment of a mine or a bullet, is not an act of heroism. These are the everyday life of a soldier and death is always there

There was a tragedy. Today, someone is mourning a loved one. And we grieve.

But let's not forget that the US government "forgot" to withdraw troops from Afghanistan even after Bin Laden left that country and then was liquidated ...

Let's also not forget that our citizen was sent to "defend national interests" so far from the borders of our country ...

burning-candle-dark-background_1259-68.jpg

I replaced a FF who died in the line of duty

was he a 'hero' for being in the wrong place/ wrong time?

~S~

"I still do not understand what a heroic act a drunken policeman committed. Driving under the influence of alcohol, as I know, is a crime.That the tragedy happened - yes,no doubt, but not an act of heroism happened."

We must under all circumstances leverage everything as an homage to the power of the system and it's control over we the unsubstantial people. Nothing represents that more that our global occupational militarism and our corporate state police.

~S~

Depends, maybe, maybe not, but just because he's/she's a cop? No. Was the FF trashed and operating a vehicle? Tamir Rice was however at the wrong place at the wrong time. And was murdered by a prematurely ejaculatory pig.

"I still do not understand what a heroic act a drunken policeman committed. Driving under the influence of alcohol, as I know, is a crime.That the tragedy happened - yes,no doubt, but not an act of heroism happened."

We must under all circumstances leverage everything as an homage to the power of the system and it's control over we the unsubstantial people. Nothing represents that more that our global occupational militarism and our corporate state police.

True...

~S~

You just need to activate common sense and not let someone manipulate you

But i'm a dumb uneducated farm boy Alex

we need our hero's you see....

w/out them, we'd have to face reality

~S~
Ever consider selecting your own if you require one? And why do you wish to hide from reality? Don't you think we have enough of that in america?

~S~

You just need to activate common sense and not let someone manipulate you

But i'm a dumb uneducated farm boy Alex

we need our hero's you see....

w/out them, we'd have to face reality

~S~

My father’s grandfather graduated from the 4th grade of the parish school and this did not stop me from loving him. And my mother’s grandfather was a nobleman. But both were an example of high culture and virtue

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The Media is after ratings.......................and are known to write or say things that Attract attention.

HERO in the headlines is the same as YELLING.................FIRE........so people will come run to see it. Off topic but in Rape prevention tactics................the teachers tell the Women in the class to YELL FIRE............not RAPE............why.................Because everyone Runs to a FIRE, while not as many will Run to RAPE.

It is a perception to draw attention whether the truth or not...........in some cases just to HONOR the fallen because people in the town knew him and thought he was a great guy.

It is what it is........even though the action may not be Heroic.

The Media is after ratings.......................and are known to write or say things that Attract attention.

HERO in the headlines is the same as YELLING.................FIRE........so people will come run to see it. Off topic but in Rape prevention tactics................the teachers tell the Women in the class to YELL FIRE............not RAPE............why.................Because everyone Runs to a FIRE, while not as many will Run to RAPE.

It is a perception to draw attention whether the truth or not...........in some cases just to HONOR the fallen because people in the town knew him and thought he was a great guy.

This is an American interpretation of "heroism" and an insult to genuine heroes, regardless of whether a heroic act was committed in war or in civilian life. This is called "profanity."

I drew attention to this fact, since the political elite is speculating on the public consciousness of people.

For example, "The greatest (???) country in the world", "God-blessed American people", "God-chosen people", etc.

This is an American interpretation of "heroism" and an insult to genuine heroes, regardless of whether a heroic act was committed in war or in civilian life. This is called "profanity."

I drew attention to this fact, since the political elite is speculating on the public consciousness of people.

For example, "The greatest (???) country in the world", "God-blessed American people", "God-chosen people", etc.
Profanity..........Hype...........for Ratings.............all the same.........I agree with you that it shouldn't be done.....just giving reasons why they do it.

This is an American interpretation of "heroism" and an insult to genuine heroes,

I'd have to agree

Just because any given person walks into a situation is irrelevant

It's what they do when they're there at that point in time

anecdotally , i was on a few 'saves' where we made good, earning commendations from the small town clowns in charge of us

our ems boss 'Dan', thru the insistence of said powers that be , had us all stand for the paparazzi's ditty in the local rag.

But this wasn't so much for us , it was so the people in charge could pat themselves on the back by proxy.

Nothing we did was exemplary , it was simply another day doing what we did in the field

I cut the pix from the papers, wrapped it around a coffee can, and labeled it 'Danny's Kids'

He roared!

~S~

Forum List

Back