Country unhappy with both parties

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Nation awakening to the reality that the only losers are themselves. IMO, with few exceptions, most politicians go to DC to increase their own personal wealth; standing; and power.

Monday, October 07, 2013

As the federal government shutdown continues without an end in sight, Democrats have lost their lead of the last two weeks and are again running even with Republicans on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey for the week ending Sunday, October 6, shows that 40% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Democrat in their district’s congressional race if the election were held today, while another 40% would choose the Republican instead.

And with Obama's and Congress' approval in the shitter - the Commander In Chump hasn't done a fucking thing in terms of stepping in and leading.

What a miserable fucking failure.

Precisely so! The whole failure is due to a president who has never ever fucking led on one thing....including his clusterfuck legislation aka obamacare!

Nation awakening to the reality that the only losers are themselves. IMO, with few exceptions, most politicians go to DC to increase their own personal wealth; standing; and power.

Monday, October 07, 2013

As the federal government shutdown continues without an end in sight, Democrats have lost their lead of the last two weeks and are again running even with Republicans on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey for the week ending Sunday, October 6, shows that 40% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Democrat in their district’s congressional race if the election were held today, while another 40% would choose the Republican instead.
This is no surprise.

This is like saying people are happy with all types of weather when only 10% like rain

It isn't like there's much of an alternative to choose from though. R or D is the choice we get.

The democrats and republicans have been in control of our country since before I was born, I'm 67, and look where we are. Big money controls both party's and the the citizens are not represented at all. Nothing is ever going to change until we put an end to it and more and more of us are dependent on government handouts to survive. How will it end? We are borrowing so much money to keep the hand outs flowing that one day we won't be able to borrow anymore and then we will revolt and maybe take back what is ours to start with.
I want to apologize to the younger people and future generations for what me generation has done. For about the last 50 years I, and so many like me, was so involved in working and raising my family that I didn't pay attention to what was going on politically. It wasn't until I retired that I started looking at what we had allowed to happen. I'm sorry and I hope you are better at controlling our politicians that my generation was. It appears my generation of politicians feel they will be dead before the bill comes due so it isn't their problem. I'm sorry.

And with Obama's and Congress' approval in the shitter - the Commander In Chump hasn't done a fucking thing in terms of stepping in and leading.

Precisely so! The whole failure is due to a president who has never ever fucking led on one thing....including his clusterfuck legislation aka obamacare!
I think President Obama led on a few things:
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

Not really. Everyone hates Boehner.

Yes, really. And, why you are a blind partisan, you are missing the complete collapse of approval for Obama.

Nope, he's at 47% as of this morning:

NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP

Obama’s approval rating ticks up to 47 percent

While the shutdown has wounded the Republican Party, Obama’s overall political standing remains stable in the poll.

NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP - First Read

Now run along, honey.

I think President Obama led on a few things:
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

I'm willing to bet you believe Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are real.

you have to have some leadership skills for that.....but i agree....a "leader" would be stepping up ripping these guys a new asshole so the whole Country can see and hear.....

BHO's popularity went up anywhere from 4 to 10 points, depending on which poll you like, or not.

Congress's popularity is in the toilet.

That 40/40 split I think can be read "I am going to vote against the incumbent in the party primaries."

I hope so.

Forum List

Back