Court Forces Non-Religious Mom To Get Christian Counseling Or Lose Custody Of Her Children

This should shed some light on the subject. Here is a local piece on the aforementioned story.

Court-ordered religious classes raise concerns
Well that cash money angle should be looked into QUITE closely.
Still missed out on WHY the court order though.
How does the "why" matter? He can certainly order her to counseling but it violates her right to religious expression to be required to attend a religious based counseling session.
The WHY matters because the court is SUPPOSE to have grounds for its order. IF there are NO grounds you MAY have a corrupt judge.
It can have not valid reason to order her to religious counseling. It can have a valid reason to order her to counseling. And not sure how ordering her to counseling would make him corrupt.

Maybe so in this case, I'm just saying there is no law saying a judge can't order someone to attend Christian classes. There simply isn't.
Yes, there is. It is called the First Amendment.

Opening a therapy session with prayer is not forcing anyone on religion.
Now if she had sat there and read Bible passages then that would be forcing religion on her.
Why did she not just sing a song in her head while the therapist was leading a prayer?
That is what freedom is about, not forcing religious people to not pray.
Yes it is , unless the person doing the praying informs those attending of his/her's intent.

Not sure but it DOES read more like a money scam then a religious one.

It looks like both. Giving people homework about God!? Having them pay in a shady fashion?! No bueno!
Religion is only the cover for the scam. The money is going to a person not the church. Always follow the money NOT the person or group the money. Where it winds up gives you who is in charge. I would call the IRS to sort this one out.

The court should not be ordering people to take a class where God seems to be a topic quite often. Homework on God? What is this CCD? lol. I would be quite surprised if the IRS isn't alerted. Shady, shady. This seems like a developing story so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Guno is attacking it on the guise of religion. HIS hate of such may have made him miss the "meat" of the story. It sounds/reads more like a corruption story. Its a good find just the wrong approach.

Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. Guno found something but just cannot see it for what it is.
False comparison pigs use their sense of smell to find truffles. Not their eyes .
You'd have to blind and stupid not to know that. But then again it's so you.
Thus the saying Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. Damn you are stupid. What are you a huffer?

When someone goes to counseling it should be based on science , not going to here some bible thumping lunatic pontificate on his/her sky fairy as court ordered

In addition she will be judged by the "counselor" and the report forwarded to the court

This so called christian "counseling" is as about as valid as going to a shaman who reads chicken entrails

Too bad for you that judges are not bound by your OPINION.

Great news for the rest of us though.

Stupidest post (and most dishonest) of the day: "A judge cannot order a party to undergo religious counseling. End of story."

Beginning of story: if a court order has accepted a proposed decree jointly agreed to by all parties that religious counseling of some sort be part of the decree, then, yes, it is legal.

You know it, paddy, so stop the lying.
You add in a fact that is not part of the story; that it was agreed to. If it was agreed to, then, yes, a Judge can order her to do that which she agreed to. If it was not then forcing her to attend counseling that is based on religion and requiring the parent to participate in things like bible reading violates the First Amendment. I see you have not bothered to address the court cases that clearly hold that such an order is a violation of the First Amendment.

It looks like both. Giving people homework about God!? Having them pay in a shady fashion?! No bueno!
Religion is only the cover for the scam. The money is going to a person not the church. Always follow the money NOT the person or group the money. Where it winds up gives you who is in charge. I would call the IRS to sort this one out.

The court should not be ordering people to take a class where God seems to be a topic quite often. Homework on God? What is this CCD? lol. I would be quite surprised if the IRS isn't alerted. Shady, shady. This seems like a developing story so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Guno is attacking it on the guise of religion. HIS hate of such may have made him miss the "meat" of the story. It sounds/reads more like a corruption story. Its a good find just the wrong approach.

Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. Guno found something but just cannot see it for what it is.
False comparison pigs use their sense of smell to find truffles. Not their eyes .
Thus the saying Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. Damn you are stupid. What are you a huffer?

Blind squirrels find the occasional nut bro. Pigs locate truffles by smell.

When someone goes to counseling it should be based on science , not going to here some bible thumping lunatic pontificate on his/her sky fairy as court ordered

In addition she will be judged by the "counselor" and the report forwarded to the court

This so called christian "counseling" is as about as valid as going to a shaman who reads chicken entrails
So you ARE to hateful to look at the scam? You ARE truly Stupid you know that? TRULY A FULL RETARD.

Stupidest post (and most dishonest) of the day: "A judge cannot order a party to undergo religious counseling. End of story."

Beginning of story: if a court order has accepted a proposed decree jointly agreed to by all parties that religious counseling of some sort be part of the decree, then, yes, it is legal.

You add in a fact that is not part of the story; that it was agreed to. If it was agreed to, then, yes, a Judge can order her to do that which she agreed to. If it was not then forcing her to attend counseling that is based on religion and requiring the parent to participate in things like bible reading violates the First Amendment. I see you have not bothered to address the court cases that clearly hold that such an order is a violation of the First Amendment.

Cite the case please.

I don't think he does know it. Some of these people are just out and out stupid.
Listen, you fucking moron. You have been talking out your ass for an hour. You have not produced a single thing that even begins to prove your claim. I linked you to three court opinions that specifically held that a requirement by a judge that a party undergo some sort of religious based counseling violated the First Amendment. Until you can produce something other than your ass backward opinion, you an fuck off.

We are talking about what this divorce decree set of orders were for the divorcees and their children.

We are not talking about your imaginary cases.

What did the divorce decree pertaining to child custody in this case say?

It's an OLD Polish saying. Don't like it? Complain to them.

I don't think he does know it. Some of these people are just out and out stupid.
Listen, you fucking moron. You have been talking out your ass for an hour. You have not produced a single thing that even begins to prove your claim. I linked you to three court opinions that specifically held that a requirement by a judge that a party undergo some sort of religious based counseling violated the First Amendment. Until you can produce something other than your ass backward opinion, you an fuck off.
Your opinion, paddy, as well as those cases cited mean nothing until we see the decree and the order.

Get snapping to it.

It's an OLD Polish saying. Don't like it? Complain to them.

No it isn't bro.

That's like saying "you can lead a horse to an airport, but you can't make him fly" oh that's an old Jewish saying bro. :rofl:

We are talking about what this divorce decree set of orders were for the divorcees and their children.

We are not talking about your imaginary cases.

What did the divorce decree pertaining to child custody in this case say?
And what were the grounds the court used to REQUIRE she go?

Your pearl of non wisdom is out of context.

Forum List

Back