Court Forces Non-Religious Mom To Get Christian Counseling Or Lose Custody Of Her Children

The judge should be removed form the bench as he is doing something unconstitutional by forcing his religious beliefs on normal people

Holly Salzman is a loving mother of two sons who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She recently sought court aid in coparenting her children with their father, from whom she is now divorced. The judge then ordered her to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children.

Court Forces Non-Religious Mom To Get Christian Counseling Or Lose Custody Of Her Children
The story you cite comes from an ULTRA left wing place. So ULTRA it's called "Deep Left Field" and it does NOT give the reason WHY the court ordered her to attend.

WHY DID the court order her to attend? Drugs? Drinking? Violence? Abuse? What IS the rest of the story?
is there a rest of the story that would make it okay to order a person to attend religious counseling?

It seems she does pepper (get it, lol) her classes with some religious jazz and the money issue is troubling. The whole thing sounds fishy. I wonder if she is related to anyone in The Family Court? :dunno:
Not sure but it DOES read more like a money scam then a religious one.

It looks like both. Giving people homework about God!? Having them pay in a shady fashion?! No bueno!
Religion is only the cover for the scam. The money is going to a person not the church. Always follow the money NOT the person or group the money. Where it winds up gives you who is in charge. I would call the IRS to sort this one out.

The court should not be ordering people to take a class where God seems to be a topic quite often. Homework on God? What is this CCD? lol. I would be quite surprised if the IRS isn't alerted. Shady, shady. This seems like a developing story so it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Guno is attacking it on the guise of religion. HIS hate of such may have made him miss the "meat" of the story. It sounds/reads more like a corruption story. Its a good find just the wrong approach.

Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then. Guno found something but just cannot see it for what it is.

Its Guno. The only time he is not attacking Christianity is when he is logged off. :lol:

The judge should be removed form the bench as he is doing something unconstitutional by forcing his religious beliefs on normal people

Holly Salzman is a loving mother of two sons who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She recently sought court aid in coparenting her children with their father, from whom she is now divorced. The judge then ordered her to attend sessions with a Christian counselor or face contempt of court charges and lose custody of her children.

Cross grovelers piss me off to no end!!! :mad:

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Then give us the grounds for the order.

Look at the original decree of termination of the marriage pertaining to the children. Wanna bet there is something about children living in a religious environment?

And if there is, the judge has grounds.
I agree I want to see the grounds. Something stinks.

Can OS's grovelers piss me off to no end!!! :mad:

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
You are an IDIOT Dot. Guno DID find something. He MAY have found more then he thinks.

Let's imagine THIS scenario

Imagine the father is a Christian, and two children are likewise, and the mother is not.

Now understand THIS. Once you go into family court, they are in your business. If you don't want them there, don't end up in family court.

Now let's suppose the judge decided that mom needed to attend some sensitivity training to become a better parent to her children who wanted to be Christians against her wishes....

And boom , you have a reasonable reason for such a ruling.

If you don't think that's reasonable, it's because you're an idiot.

Imagine the father is a Christian, and two children are likewise, and the mother is not.

Now understand THIS. Once you go into family court, they are in your business. If you don't want them there, don't end up in family court.

Now let's suppose the judge decided that mom needed to attend some sensitivity training to become a better parent to her children who wanted to be Christians against her wishes....

but that isn't what happened here. and education is different than counseling.

I don't want to imagine, that's for fools. I want to see the court order. Is the judge part of a scam? NOT the first time.

This should shed some light on the subject. Here is a local piece on the aforementioned story.

Court-ordered religious classes raise concerns
Well that cash money angle should be looked into QUITE closely.
Still missed out on WHY the court order though.
How does the "why" matter? He can certainly order her to counseling but it violates her right to religious expression to be required to attend a religious based counseling session.
The WHY matters because the court is SUPPOSE to have grounds for its order. IF there are NO grounds you MAY have a corrupt judge.
It can have not valid reason to order her to religious counseling. It can have a valid reason to order her to counseling. And not sure how ordering her to counseling would make him corrupt.

You don't know what happened here.

Replace homosexual with Christian. I'd feel the same. If you end up in family court, the WILL make decisions that affect your life, and sorry but we as a society have given them that authority.

Judges have VERY wide latitude in what they can order.

Some of you people REALLY need to learn the law before you bitch.

This should shed some light on the subject. Here is a local piece on the aforementioned story.

How does the "why" matter? He can certainly order her to counseling but it violates her right to religious expression to be required to attend a religious based counseling session.
The WHY matters because the court is SUPPOSE to have grounds for its order. IF there are NO grounds you MAY have a corrupt judge.
It can have not valid reason to order her to religious counseling. It can have a valid reason to order her to counseling. And not sure how ordering her to counseling would make him corrupt.

Maybe so in this case, I'm just saying there is no law saying a judge can't order someone to attend Christian classes. There simply isn't.

Then give us the grounds for the order.

Look at the original decree of termination of the marriage pertaining to the children. Wanna bet there is something about children living in a religious environment?

And if there is, the judge has grounds.
No, there is not. A Judge cannot order HER to participate in any religious exercise at all.

You don't know what happened here.

Replace homosexual with Christian. I'd feel the same. If you end up in family court, the WILL make decisions that affect your life, and sorry but we as a society have given them that authority.

Judges have VERY wide latitude in what they can order.

Some of you people REALLY need to learn the law before you bitch.
A judge does not have latitude to order one to undergo religious based counseling. That is beyond a judge's authority.

Of course their can be valid, legal reasoning, based on the termination decrees, to order her to religious counseling.

We have soe atheists who do not understand the Constitution and American law.

Actually, you don't have a reason to compel her to undergo religious based counseling. A judge can order her to take the children to religious activities when they are in her custody, but cannot order her to participate. That would violate her First Amendment rights.

You don't know if that is true or not, and neither does the OP.
I remember reading a story a few years back about a judge routing young boys to a camp for a kick back. You have in Guno's links cash being paid under the table. guno you find that court order and you MIGHT have a killer thread.

You don't know if that is true or not, and neither does the OP.
actually, we do. the local news station article does not say that she was sent there for religious sensitivity, and the quoted materials from the class do not support a religious sensitivity curriculum.
i'd also be very, very, very surprised if anyone was ever made to attend such a class.

paddy, if she is violating the court decrees in the divorce case, that judge sure can order her to religious counseling if that was part of the divorce decree.

Forum List

Back