Court Upholds 2nd Amendment Concealed Carry

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
What?? The Ninth Circuit respects the Constitution???

Yup!

1. "Court: California Concealed Weapons Rules Violate 2nd Amendment

2. ...court has struck down California’s concealed weapons rules

3. ....said Thursday that California is wrong to require applicants to show good cause to receive a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

4. ... all law-abiding citizens are entitled to carry concealed weapons outside the home for self-defense purposes.

5. ...panel disagreed with two other federal appeals courts that have upheld permit rules similar to California’s.

6. The Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that law-abiding citizens can keep handguns in the home for self-defense purposes, but didn’t address whether that right extends outside the home."
Court: California Concealed Weapons Rules Violate 2nd Amendment « CBS San Francisco

Last edited:
Will I ever see the day when the same respect for the 2nd amendment is reflected in NY State laws?

The Constitution has no provision whatsoever for private citizens not in a militia committed to defending the state to carry a concealed handgun.

The Constitution has no provision whatsoever for private citizens not in a militia committed to defending the state to carry a concealed handgun.

Wrong again.

See.....the problem is that you don't understand the terms that you're tossing around.

Militia.

I have a few minutes.....how many ways would you like me to explain it to you?

1. George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights:

"I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
(Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

2. The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)

3. The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.”
It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

4. Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 and members of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)
[]10 U.S. Code § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | LII / Legal Information Institute

Enough?

Let me know if you need "well regulated" defined.

Forum List

Back