Covenant House: this is one of the best charities you can give your money to

The best charity to give is take the time personally to help others you meet along the way or even family or friends that are struggling, local food banks and such. Unless you are uber rich start from your own neighborhood and work your way out from there.

The best charity to give is take the time personally to help others you meet along the way or even family or friends that are struggling, local food banks and such. Unless you are uber rich start from your own neighborhood and work your way out from there.
I volunteer 20 hours a month at the local food bank In Raleigh NC , and teach literacy also. You?

I volunteer 20 hours a month at the local food bank In Raleigh NC , and teach literacy also. You?
Right at the moment nada. I am about as poor as they get here in the states. Until my van broke down I would get all the food the stores here tosses, damaged packages or is out dated and distribute it among the needy. When we had our company we came across many people just needing a boost so it was whatever they needed to help them get through, food, gas, work, whatever. Some I even took in to our own home to get them off the streets until other arrangements were made. My aunt said I was the only one she ever knew who would actually take a bag lady home to help them out.

The purpose of this thread is not to brag of our good works.

Right at the moment nada. I am about as poor as they get here in the states. Until my van broke down I would get all the food the stores here tosses, damaged packages or is out dated and distribute it among the needy. When we had our company we came across many people just needing a boost so it was whatever they needed to help them get through, food, gas, work, whatever. Some I even took in to our own home to get them off the streets until other arrangements were made. My aunt said I was the only one she ever knew who would actually take a bag lady home to help them out.
I hope your situation changes my friend as you have paid it forward before

Last edited:

Forum List

Back