Crazy concept. Is it possible to self teach myself to be a functional lawyer?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Let'snassume one has a higher than average aptitude to learn. Could.you become a functioning lawyer in say,.four months? If so,.what would be the best approach? Case studies? Court proceedings? Basic law rules for the area (Family Criminal, etc.) What?

Let'snassume one has a higher than average aptitude to learn. Could.you become a functioning lawyer in say,.four months? If so,.what would be the best approach? Case studies? Court proceedings? Basic law rules for the area (Family Criminal, etc.) What?
No

Next

Be serious. I would really like to help you make some manly decisions here but do you have to get your balls out her purse first? Courage man. It may take a thousand steps to get away from a bad situation but every one is easier than the last.

The famous old line stems from more than a kernel of truth.

A person who represents himself has a fool for a client and an idiot for a lawyer.

There are many reasons that’s actually true: me reason is because a lawyer is supposed to be able to be objective in order to render appropriate counsel. You, as much as you may wish you were objective in the legal matter at hand, really can’t be. Your own personal stake is usually too high to allow for such objectivity. And that clouds your judgment.

I have been my own lawyer and won yet I studied law in my Granddads law library in his back yard.
I took two years of law.in high school, this was grade.12 and what would be an equivalent first year University course in grade 13/(called OAC, now dedunct in Ontario). In my MBA I had considered a joint degree with Osgoode Hall MBA/LAW degree. It won't be easy, but I can trust myself and my research abilities. The truth and evidence must be presented, I am tried of this life of abuse.

Hah!
You need to be a functional being first.

You can learn anything, you just need the source of information to learn. So for example, the books/material you would use/study if you we're on a university course. Also, some professions may need on the job training too.

You can learn anything, you just need the source of information to learn. So for example, the books/material you would use/study if you we're on a university course. Also, some professions may need on the job training too.
This is where Canadas Soviet system thrives, lack of transparency. We aren't even allowed cameras in the courtroom! ( "democracy"). If I could view videos it would speed up ny learning exponentialy because 75% of the legal challenge is process. This, while 80% (! Wow) of Canadians are self represented in court. A disusting system in which we are last in the G20 in Access to Justice.

Forum List

Back