Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, everybody has always existed.
what proof do you have that we haven't?
about the same as god existing.
the Mormons believe that "we" were all in a heavenly holding area waiting to be born.
while there, they believe, we chose our parents.
if they are correct, we have always existed.

But if the fact that something hasn't been disproven is all it takes to make it worthy of your faith in it, thanks, I'll continue to believe in God.

Clearly you once again don't know what you are talking about.

It actually is a myth from a few Christians that your side used as evidence to put all Christians in one group on this issue.

Contra Mundum: The Flat-Earth Myth | MandM

The Myth of the Flat Earth

Myth of the Flat Earth

Who invented the idea of a flat Earth?

:lol: Still waiting.
again that's bullshit ALL CULTURES BELIEVED THE EARTH WAS FLAT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER .
FOR CHRISTIANITY IT ONLY BECAME ROUND AFTER COLUMBUS AND THE POPE SAID IT WAS.
IT'S laughable that people who claim to be christians, don't know shit about what they purport is the truth!:lol::lol:

I guess you can't read.
Flat Earth Theory
by Abby Cessna on December 28, 2009

Model of a flat Earth
The flat Earth theory was believed by many cultures around the world including Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years. The flat Earth theory states that the world is a flat disk rather than a sphere. As early as the fourth century B.C. however, philosophers and scientists realized that the Earth was actually a sphere. Aristotle was one Greek philosopher who advocated that Earth was a sphere. This debate has raged on in many cultures throughout the centuries. Now, some believe that most educated people since around the fourth century B.C. and on realized that the Earth was a sphere, and that the belief that the flat earth theory was widespread is just a myth that took root in the 19th century. It is now thought by many, including the Historical Association based in England, that Columbus did not believe the Earth was flat and that this story was merely a myth spread by Washington Irving in his book about Columbus.

Many people who believe in the flat Earth theory turn to the Bible in order to back up their theory. They quote various passages in order to back up their theories and interpret certain passages literally. Not all of them rely on the Bible though or simply on the Bible. Samuel Shenton who formed the Flat Earth Society, one of the most modern flat earth groups, believed that his beliefs could be proven using common sense and science. The Flat Earth Society was one of the most modern flat Earth organizations in the past century, but that too faded when its last president died in 2001. The name is still being used, although the new organization or organizations are not necessarily linked to the old society.

Those who adhere to the flat Earth theory have certain answers to criticisms of their theory. Charles Johnson, who was a president of the Flat Earth Society, said that the Moon landing was also a hoax and that it was scripted and filmed on a set in Hollywood. Gravity is seen as a mystical force – that does not exist – to many who believe in the flat Earth theory. Charles Johnson accepted Aristotle’s idea that things naturally fall downwards. Adherents to the flat Earth theory have often been criticized and parodied. Some of the web sites that use the name are simply satires.

Flat Earth Theory

Though God tells us he knew us before we were formed, which implies perhaps we have existed much longer than most of us acknowledge...

Because you claim there was no oxygen when life began DNA molecules cannot form in water nor with oxygen present they would decay

Um, I think I'd better refrain from commenting. I'm afraid nothing good would come from it :)

Let me point out another flaw in your thinking. You asserted that modern day humans evolved from neanderthals how is that since the neanderthals had larger brains ?

Fist, modern humans did not evolve from Neanderthals, they were different branches, sharing a common ancestor. Second, modern humans are smarter than Neanderthals because the structure of their brains is different.

I have a question to you as well -- why are you keep asking about things that you can read in any textbook?

Oxygen was needed for life that is why we needed a designer.

Oxygen is not needed for life, it is a byproduct of photosynthetic plants and bacteria. Only after they filled the Earth atmosphere with oxygen some other living things had evolved to make use of it.

This statement shows complete ignorance and lack of understanding of the global climate system. In your scenario, the plants just continue releasing oxygen until there is no more carbon dioxide left and they die off. There are delicate symbiotic relationships that have been designed into the earth. Your explanation is an extremely oversimplified description which is typical of the fairy tales your side promotes.

You are an idiot -- my explanation was of the origin of oxygen in the atmosphere, not of the "global climate system".

Um, I think I'd better refrain from commenting. I'm afraid nothing good would come from it :)

Let me point out another flaw in your thinking. You asserted that modern day humans evolved from neanderthals how is that since the neanderthals had larger brains ?

Fist, modern humans did not evolve from Neanderthals, they were different branches, sharing a common ancestor. Second, modern humans are smarter than Neanderthals because the structure of their brains is different.

I have a question to you as well -- why are you keep asking about things that you can read in any textbook?
because ywc is prejudiced against what "he" calls biased books.
that is any science that is not based in the creationist dogma or creationist pseudo science.

The sarcasm is... would NS really eliminate what I call the "inbetweener", especially when he or she was in the early stages of being in between?

Yes, it would -- a slightly better adapted individuals will slowly preempt the others. The less the difference, the slower is process, but it keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back