Trump or Cruz?

• Trump

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Cruz

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Just Stick Needles In My Eyes

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Under the Simple Flat Tax, the current seven rates of personal income tax will collapse into a single low rate of 10 percent. For a family of four, the first $36,000 will be tax-free. The Child Tax Credit will remain in place, and the Simple Flat Tax Plan expands and modernizes the Earned Income Tax Credit with greater anti-fraud and pro-marriage reforms. As a result, the Simple Flat Tax will ensure that low- and middle-income Americans have greater opportunities – not only through minimal taxes, but also through better, high-paying jobs that the Simple Flat Tax will generate. Under the plan, deductions for charitable contributions and mortgage interest payments are preserved.

The Simple Flat Tax Plan | Cruz for President

Of all the tax expenditures, if I had to choose only one to keep, it would be the EITC. That is the only one which is proven to increase productivity.

The rest are wasteful government gifts which transfer wealth up the food chain, thus legislatively tilting the playing field and unnaturally concentrating wealth into the hands of sclerotic special interests.

We need to level the playing field, and create a tax structure in which people earning identical incomes pay identical taxes. One which encourages the natural movement of wealth to people who have EARNED it through innovation, entrepreneurship, and hard work.

I would consider Cruz if my choice is between Trump and Hillary I will vote for the Congressional races but passing on President I could not bring myself to vote for either of them.

So, Cruz is killing the mortgage interest deduction?

ETA: You must have changed your post right as I hit reply!

You're correct. I realized I was wrong, and you were right.
Awesome! Thanks for having some integrity. It's very rare around here.

Yes, any tax with no tax expenditures would require a much, much smaller IRS. It isn't the nature of a flat tax which reduces the size of the IRS. It's the elimination of tax expenditures which does. That's the part these con artists don't tell you. We could keep the exact same tax brackets we have now and be able to fill out our taxes on a postcard if we eliminated tax expenditures.

I think the term you're wanting to use is "deductions", not "expenditures".
Nope. Tax expenditure is the correct term. It covers all spending through the tax code by way of deductions, exemptions, and credits.

Tax expenditure

Unless it comes with drastic reductions in rates...that would be the end of small business in United States.

If a company can't deduct it's expenditures, the amount that company would be taxed would skyrocket.

I spend 75-85% of every dollar that comes in on business related costs that I then deduct at the end of the year. If I were taxed at the present rate on the amount of my 1099s, I would owe roughly $8,000 more than I make in a year.

I know neither Trump nor Cruz are the first choice of many of us. I have been rooting for Kasich since before he announced.

But we have to face reality now. It's gonna be Trump or Cruz. So which would you prefer? Chlamydia or crabs?

I'll start.

If Trump gets the nomination, I am going to leave the top of my ballot blank.

If Cruz gets the nomination, I just might vote for him. Maybe. I can't stand the guy, but Donald Trump has managed to make even Ted Cruz look good.

I hate Cruz for a lot of reasons, but I like him for one reason, and that one reason may be big enough to override my revulsion of him.

Cruz has a tax plan which eliminates almost every tax expenditure. And you guys know how I feel about tax expenditures, unless you joined this forum five minutes ago. I hate 'em. HATE them. HAAAAAATE them.

Cruz would kill most of them, thus leveling the tax playing field and eliminating one of the grossest corruptions of our economy and our American Politboro.

Cruz is lying when he says he would abolish the IRS, of course. If you have an income tax, which Cruz's flat tax is, you have to have an IRS. Call it by any other name, it's still the IRS.

Cruz is also an idiot if he thinks the low, low, low rate of 10 percent won't drastically increase our federal debt. That is my chief problem with his tax plan. You can considerably lower everyone's tax rates if you eliminate tax expenditures, but not all the way down to 10 percent.

Maybe Cruz is using the 10 percent figure as a negotiating starting point, knowing the final compromise will be a higher rate. I don't know.

So there you go. If Cruz wins the nomination, I may hold my nose and vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, I will use a sharpie to black out the top of my ballot.
I would pick the corporatist limp wrist Kasich over the sleazy Cruz. But I still wouldn't vote for him.
My top 3 is trump Bernie and Johnson.
Trump is a childish goon but I think his massive ego could drive him to do good. Plus, I agree with him on trade and I like the concept of his healthcare plan.
Trade and pro-American are my driving forces this election.

Wow. You will need an army to unravel you from the pretzel you just formed yourself into.

Trade? You agree with him that China is devaluing its currency? You might want to look into that.

What health care plan?

Every candidate in the race is pro American.

Best of luck.

I know neither Trump nor Cruz are the first choice of many of us. I have been rooting for Kasich since before he announced.

Let's look at the Electoral Math of a Cruz candidacy.

First, let's set the parameters as historical election results.

Can Cruz expand the electoral map? No.

Cruz isn't going to even be competitive in PA, MI, NJ, WI, NH, CO, or NV.

That leaves IA that he can likely win.

And we have the left the big four swing states ...Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and Ohio.

Trump won all the primaries in the first three, and came in second to a sitting Governor. He crushed the sitting Republican senator in his home state of Florida.

How did Cruz do in these states? He didn't win any of them...or any states on the east coast with one exception...Maine...which has only elected moderate state and federal representatives in my lifetime.

Trump CAN expand the Electoral Map, and he is also the best candidate even if he couldn't.

So, no matter how you slice it...Trump is the man who can win...and Cruz is not.

Any we haven't even talked about the record setting turnouts in primary after primary.

We set an all time high in turnout last night in Missouri...39% voter turnout...for a primary! Almost one million voters in the Republican Primary in a state with a total population of 6 million. Democrat turn out was more than 20% less than Republican turnout.

If you want to win the election, undo some of the damage Obama has done, shore-up the Supreme Court, curtail illegal immigration, stem the flow of jobs leaving the country...Trump's the guy to do vote for.

Last edited:
The problem with voting for Trump is no one really knows what he's going to do should he get in to office. He has stated his stance on both sides of almost every issue at some point. So which stance will Trump take once in office? No one can say for sure.

That. Is. Simply. NOT. True. It's just not true. For example:

* Trump has talked about the need for better border security for 16 years.
* Trump has supported conservative education reforms for years. Back in 2000, he wrote against the destructive role that the teachers' unions were playing in education.
* Trump has argued against most gun control measures for 16 years. The only restrictions he has ever supported have been the assault weapons ban and a 72-hour waiting period, and he now opposes banning assault weapons.
* Trump has always spoken against disastrous trade deals like NAFTA and GATT and has always argued for protecting American companies against unfair foreign trade practices.
* No one has even claimed that Trump has ever been anything but strongly pro-military and in favor of a strong national defense. If you can find a single quote to the contrary, I'd like to see it.
* Trump has been ardently pro-Israeli for as long as anyone can determine, and he has never, ever said anything that would call into question his support for Israel. Indeed, he has won awards from American Jewish groups for his support of Israel. One of his daughters and her husband are Orthodox Jews.
* Yes, Trump has given money to candidates and groups from both parties, but Trump endorsed Bush Sr. and defended Quayle in 88, endorsed Bush in 2000, endorsed McCain and defended Palin in 2008, and endorsed Romney in 2012.

And on and on we could go. The Bush-Rubio-Cruz smear that Trump was a liberal until very recently is just that: a smear.

16 Facts About Donald Trump

But we have to face reality now. It's gonna be Trump or Cruz. So which would you prefer? Chlamydia or crabs?

I'll start.

If Cruz gets the nomination, I just might vote for him. Maybe. I can't stand the guy, but Donald Trump has managed to make even Ted Cruz look good.

I hate Cruz for a lot of reasons, but I like him for one reason, and that one reason may be big enough to override my revulsion of him.

Cruz has a tax plan which eliminates almost every tax expenditure. And you guys know how I feel about tax expenditures, unless you joined this forum five minutes ago. I hate 'em. HATE them. HAAAAAATE them.

Cruz would kill most of them, thus leveling the tax playing field and eliminating one of the grossest corruptions of our economy and our American Politboro.

Cruz is lying when he says he would abolish the IRS, of course. If you have an income tax, which Cruz's flat tax is, you have to have an IRS. Call it by any other name, it's still the IRS.

Cruz is also an idiot if he thinks the low, low, low rate of 10 percent won't drastically increase our federal debt. That is my chief problem with his tax plan. You can considerably lower everyone's tax rates if you eliminate tax expenditures, but not all the way down to 10 percent.

Maybe Cruz is using the 10 percent figure as a negotiating starting point, knowing the final compromise will be a higher rate. I don't know.

So there you go. If Cruz wins the nomination, I may hold my nose and vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, I will use a sharpie to black out the top of my ballot.
I would pick the corporatist limp wrist Kasich over the sleazy Cruz. But I still wouldn't vote for him.
Trump is a childish goon but I think his massive ego could drive him to do good. Plus, I agree with him on trade and I like the concept of his healthcare plan.

Wow. You will need an army to unravel you from the pretzel you just formed yourself into.

Trade? You agree with him that China is devaluing its currency? You might want to look into that.

What health care plan?

Best of luck.
Currency manipulation? That's all you got? It's not surprising you don't know that..
Yes, he has released a starter for a healthcare plan.
People that don't support Americans are not pro American.

I'll start.

The sooner that I don't have to listen to Creepy Cruz the better my life will be..

I'll start.

What health care plan?

Best of luck.
Currency manipulation? That's all you got? It's not surprising you don't know that..

No. It's not all I got. But your man has mentioned it dozens of times. Why do you think he is the right guy on trade if he keeps missing the boat on that issue? Fail.

His health care "plan" is health savings accounts. We have those already. Fail.

Every candidate in the race supports Americans. Some even support the Americans who are Hispanic and Muslim. How about that! Fail.

The problem with voting for Trump is no one really knows what he's going to do should he get in to office. He has stated his stance on both sides of almost every issue at some point. So which stance will Trump take once in office? No one can say for sure.

That. Is. Simply. NOT. True. It's just not true. For example:

* Trump has talked about the need for better border security for 16 years. So has every member of Congress and every President. - Nothing done yet.

* Trump has supported conservative education reforms for years. Back in 2000, he wrote against the destructive role that the teachers' unions were playing in education. There has been a call for the end of the NEA for years - hasn't happened yet. Teachers Unions should have been outlawed 30 years ago.

* Trump has argued against most gun control measures for 16 years. The only restrictions he has ever supported have been the assault weapons ban and a 72-hour waiting period, and he now opposes banning assault weapons. The second amendment has been adjudicated repeatedly - it will NOT be overturned UNLESS a democrat gets elected and a liberal justice appointed

* Trump has always spoken against disastrous trade deals like NAFTA and GATT and has always argued for protecting American companies against unfair foreign trade practices. Here's where Trump and I completely agree. We have taken it in the ass with this Bullshit NAFTA agreement - it should be voided NOW

* No one has even claimed that Trump has ever been anything but strongly pro-military and in favor of a strong national defense. If you can find a single quote to the contrary, I'd like to see it. Can't see where he has been anything but pro-military either

* Trump has been ardently pro-Israeli for as long as anyone can determine, and he has never, ever said anything that would call into question his support for Israel. Indeed, he has won awards from American Jewish groups for his support of Israel. One of his daughters and her husband are Orthodox Jews. Trump has ALWAYS been a staunch supporter of Israel, unlike the liberals in Washington, and especially Obama.

* Yes, Trump has given money to candidates and groups from both parties, but Trump endorsed Bush Sr. and defended Quayle in 88, endorsed Bush in 2000, endorsed McCain and defended Palin in 2008, and endorsed Romney in 2012. Trump is a businessman - the way you get things done in Washington is through bribes. Trump doesn't care who he has to bribe to get the job done.

And on and on we could go. The Bush-Rubio-Cruz smear that Trump was a liberal until very recently is just that: a smear.

16 Facts About Donald Trump

I'll start.

The sooner that I don't have to listen to Creepy Cruz the better my life will be..

You are gonna LOVE this. Someone finally saw what I've been seeing for months. And they put it in a nice little video.

WHAT IS THAT GESTURE???????

After This Video You Will Never Be Able To Watch Ted Cruz Speak Again

I'll start.

You are gonna LOVE this. Someone finally saw what I've been seeing for months. And they put it in a nice little video.

That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

EDIT: And even more disturbing is I had to sit through other Ted Cruz videos to see this display for myself and confirm he ALWAYS does that.

I'll start.

That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

EDIT: And even more disturbing is I had to sit through other Ted Cruz videos to see this display for myself and confirm he ALWAYS does that.

I am certain that his advisors, his dad, his wife and kids.....have all told him that he needs to stop doing that. It is obvious that he can't.

I'll start.

What health care plan?

Best of luck.

No. It's not all I got. But your man has mentioned it dozens of times. Why do you think he is the right guy on trade if he keeps missing the boat on that issue? Fail.

His health care "plan" is health savings accounts. We have those already. Fail.

Every candidate in the race supports Americans. Some even support the Americans who are Hispanic and Muslim. How about that! Fail.
What is he missing the boat on?
Chinese Currency Manipulation | Economics Help
It gives more consumer buying power, it looks like.
Bullshit. Supporting amnesty and unfair trade isn't caring about Americans. You are just too dependent on spoon fed bullshit to see it.

I'll start.

God damn you to hell and back for that. His mouth disgusts me and now I won't be able to keep from watching it. Damn you!!!!

Cruz is more conservative but even more polarizing than Trump. I don't see him raking in new voters or Independents and Democrats. Eliminating the IRS? It isn't going to happen and the president doesn't have the authority.

Forum List

Back