Cruz Speech: A Probing Question

AnCap'n_Murica

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2016
If Ted Cruz urged the assembled RNC delegation to vote their conscience and choose candidates whom they felt would best defend and uphold the Constitution, why would it be presumed that Herr Trumpenfurher isn't amongst that number of candidates?

Because "Vote your conscience" is the code word for NEVER TRUMP. And NEVER TRUMPERS were all Cruz people. And everyone at that convention bloody well knew it.

Because "Vote your conscience" is the code word for NEVER TRUMP. And NEVER TRUMPERS were all Cruz people. And everyone at that convention bloody well knew it.

Never Trumpers are a lot bigger group that just the few Cruz people at that convention.I suspect Cruz people are only a tiny percentage of all the never trumpers.

Where can I obtain the fantastic decoder ring you have?

Last edited:

Never Trumpers are a lot bigger group that just the few Cruz people at that convention.I suspect Cruz people are only a tiny percentage of all the never trumpers.

Actually the two groups are pretty well equal in size. There's not many of them but they had the medias ear to try to pull off their spectacle which failed miserably. YAY!

Actually the two groups are pretty well equal in size. There's not many of them but they had the medias ear to try to pull off their spectacle which failed miserably. YAY!

Never trumpers are not limited to republicans, and certainly not to cruz supporters. The majority of the country are never trumpers.

Prove it, please. This also sounds like an assumption.

Sounds like an assumption.

Not at all. The Never Trumpers were in high gear to try to remove Trump from the ballot and be replaced due to a delegate "vote your conscience" clause in the RNC rules that they wanted.

Really quite simple and plain as day what his message was.

"As my colleague Jim Newell noted, Cruz’s phrasing subtweeted a lot of the “Never Trump” tumult that preceded his appearance.

The senator’s supporters had attempted to slide a “conscience clause” into the party rule book that would unbind the delegates, relieving them of the obligation to vote Trump.

The measure failed, and then a petition demanding a roll call vote on the rules got snuffed. In that context, “saying ‘vote your conscience’ wasn’t just a non-endorsement of Trump,” Newell concluded, “it was a big kiss blown to the anti-Trumpers, thanking them for their service in Cleveland.”

What Conscience Means to a Conservative

Not at all. The Never Trumpers were in high gear to try to remove Trump from the ballot and be replaced due to a delegate "vote your conscience" clause in the RNC rules.

"As my colleague Jim Newell noted, Cruz’s phrasing subtweeted a lot of the “Never Trump” tumult that preceded his appearance.

The senator’s supporters had attempted to slide a “conscience clause” into the party rule book that would unbind the delegates, relieving them of the obligation to vote Trump.

The measure failed, and then a petition demanding a roll call vote on the rules got snuffed. In that context, “saying ‘vote your conscience’ wasn’t just a non-endorsement of Trump,” Newell concluded, “it was a big kiss blown to the anti-Trumpers, thanking them for their service in Cleveland.”

It really sounds like a jump to conclusions to me. It sounds like you're just trying to spite Cruz supporters, and personally, I don't think it makes any sense. I'm a Cruz supporter, and I at least know enough to understand Trump is preferable to Hillary, and I'm pretty sure other Cruz supporters understand the same.

Not at all. The Never Trumpers were in high gear to try to remove Trump from the ballot and be replaced due to a delegate "vote your conscience" clause in the RNC rules.

It really sounds like a jump to conclusions to me. It sounds like you're just trying to spite Cruz supporters, and personally, I don't think it makes any sense. I'm a Cruz supporter, and I at least know enough to understand Trump is preferable to Hillary, and I'm pretty sure other Cruz supporters understand the same.

I have no problem whatsoever with Cruz supporters. Hell's bells I was one big time until I realized the game he was running down on us playing the outsider when in fact he and Heidi are establishment all the way. Bush side of establishment. Wall Street kind of establishment.

Back to the Vote Your Conscience. It really was a movement to remove Trump from the R ticket despite winning fair and square.

I have no problem whatsoever with Cruz supporters. Hell's bells I was one big time until I realized the game he was running down on us playing the outsider when in fact he and Heidi are establishment all the way. Bush side of establishment. Wall Street kind of establishment.

Back to the Vote Your Conscience. It really was a movement to remove Trump from the R ticket despite winning fair and square.
Can you prove he's Establishment? If he is, I'd want to know.

You have to take the Cruz speech in the political context of the hour. Cruz thought that he would be embraced by what he fantasized as the rebel faction in the convention. You could see it in his face as he offered platitudes that were guaranteed applause at the beginning of his speech. His demeanor changed, however, when the chant "endorse Trump" started in the audience and by the time he was booed off the stage he must have realized that his fantasy wasn't real.

Would you please prove it? If he really is Establishment, I'd want to know.

Nonsense. There was no possibility of removing Trump at that point.

Never trumpers are not limited to republicans, and certainly not to cruz supporters. The majority of the country are never trumpers.
And a majority are never hillarys. Did you seriously think that didn't go both ways?

Forum List

Back