Curious, why do Libertarians only seem to care about the federal government?

Nowhere near? You have states telling people they can't even smoke in their own homes now

And libertarians would be against that. If you'd like to start a thread on that subject then I'm sure the board libertarians, including myself, would have no problem explaining our opposition to laws such as those.

that is what your handelers do to you.

give you tiny snippets and then tell you what to think about them.

can you reach beyond that and read it and then discuss it ?

as you read it ( if you are willing to study real history) keep in mind the man speaking is known as the father of the constitution because he wrote most of it

Nowhere near? You have states telling people they can't even smoke in their own homes now

And libertarians would be against that. If you'd like to start a thread on that subject then I'm sure the board libertarians, including myself, would have no problem explaining our opposition to laws such as those.

This picture of the consequences of disunion cannot be too highly colored, or too often exhibited. Every man who loves peace, every man who loves his country, every man who loves liberty, ought to have it ever before his eyes, that he may cherish in his heart a due attachment to the Union of America, and be able to set a due value on the means of preserving it.

lets talk this one if you like

its called democracy.

the people are allowed to have their say in the fed or in the state.

Libertarians want to re fight the federalist papers.

what they really need to do is study the federalist papers and learn what the founders learned in that process of publically discussing the perameters of government like this country did at that momment.

Maybe the Libertarians are just as much a part of the parameter of government as any other political pressure group.

The nature tension between FEDERALISM and ANTI-FEDERALISM is now and always has been one of the primary political divides in this nation.

THANK GOD the federalists won the first three administrations and thank GOD that when the Jeffersonians came into power they ACTED like Federalists, anyway.

I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.

On the contrary, it seems every day I see libertarians complaining about the mayor of New York City. And most of them don't live in NYC (none of them even).

that is what your handelers do to you.

give you tiny snippets and then tell you what to think about them.

can you reach beyond that and read it and then discuss it ?

as you read it ( if you are willing to study real history) keep in mind the man speaking is known as the father of the constitution because he wrote most of it

I've read the Federalist Papers. Well, many of them at any rate. If you don't want to quote the relevant portions to your point, however, how can we have a discussion?

Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,” amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction.

how about this one KK.

that gives you two to pick from to start it off

This picture of the consequences of disunion cannot be too highly colored, or too often exhibited. Every man who loves peace, every man who loves his country, every man who loves liberty, ought to have it ever before his eyes, that he may cherish in his heart a due attachment to the Union of America, and be able to set a due value on the means of preserving it.

Alright. What about this quote would you like to talk about?

FEDERALIST PAPER #41 - General View of the Powers Conferred by The Constitution - The Federalist Papers

The nature tension between FEDERALISM and ANTI-FEDERALISM is now and always has been one of the primary political divides in this nation.

THANK GOD the federalists won the first three administrations and thank GOD that when the Jeffersonians came into power they ACTED like Federalists, anyway.

Well I wouldn't thank God for it, but that's exactly what they did.

dude at some point you need to join the discussion.

Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,” amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction.

how about this one KK.

that gives you two to pick from to start it off

Ok, but just copying and pasting quotations is not a discussion. If you want to discuss these quotes then you're going to have to actually make a point about them that I can respond to.

I believe he is saying that you have to place the UNION over politics or there will be no union.

what do you think he is saying

dude at some point you need to join the discussion.

Copy and paste is not a discussion.

Your avoiding having to think for yourself.

Your looking for talking points to attack

Forum List

Back