Curious, why do Libertarians only seem to care about the federal government?

Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,” amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction.

how about this one KK.

that gives you two to pick from to start it off

do I have to guide you through this one too?

I'm not sure you simply copy and pasting, and then summarizing what you copy and paste constitutes "guiding" me, but yes, if you have a point to make about this quote then it would help if you'd make it known.

Dems this is the key to killing this current incarnation of the republican party and rebuilding the real thoughfyul ooposition this country needs.

lets rehash exactly what the founders said .

it kills their memes dead

yes becuase it was clear what he was saying and to disagree with the guy who wrote the constitution would be dumb even for a partisan like yourself

Partisan. For which political party am I biased, again?

yet again avoiding discussing the federalist papers huh?

I'm sorry, but there's nothing yet to discuss. You copy and pasted a few quotes, and then you summarized one of them which I said was a fairly accurate summary. If you have no point in posting these quotes then what exactly am I supposed to discuss?

KK at some point you will be required to give your own thoughts on these passages to make this a real discussion of the federalist papers.

do you have the brain power or should I ignore your thrashing about?

hang arround and discuss the federalisst papers for about a month and yuou ewill give up all of your historically failed ideas

They teach us Brits briefly about the American Revolution in London. I'm willing to bet the average primary schooler has a better understand of it than you do.

well lets discuss them and see.

can you do more than pass out childish insults?

I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.

Maybe you should pay more attention.

FEDERALIST PAPER #41 - General View of the Powers Conferred by The Constitution - The Federalist Papers

Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,” amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction.

PLEASE guys lets discuss this one if you dont see anything else in it that you feel like discussing

The Federalist Papers - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

i have tried in vain in the past to get the people at this sight to discuss the federalist papers.

it never seems to get discussed

In a nutshell, which is appropriate in your case, why not just state your thesis, TderpM?

Conservatives have had MANY fascinating discussions about the nuances of the Founders' and the Framers' beliefs.

What part of the Constitution tells YOU, for example, that the same restrictions they sought to impose on the Federal Government were intended to also apply to the State governments of the localities?

Or, to get down to it, perhaps you can quote a passage in any of the Federalist Papers to support such a claim?

But, to be on the safe side, I recommend against anybody holding their breath.

dude I picked this letter becuase a con talked about it .

It was chosen by someone else.

The ONLY agenda I have here is to discuss the federalist papers.

Pick any one you want and Ill discuss it with you or anyone.

Every one of them kills you guys memes dead

Partisan. For which political party am I biased, again?

I'm sorry, but there's nothing yet to discuss. You copy and pasted a few quotes, and then you summarized one of them which I said was a fairly accurate summary. If you have no point in posting these quotes then what exactly am I supposed to discuss?

Kevin, are you REALLY going to try to have a rational discussion with an irrational person?

FEDERALIST PAPER #41 - General View of the Powers Conferred by The Constitution - The Federalist Papers

PLEASE guys lets discuss this one if you dont see anything else in it that you feel like discussing

Hey dumbass, do you understand what it says? Because I don't think it says what you think it does.

Last edited:

Kevin, are you REALLY going to try to have a rational discussion with an irrational person?

stop trying to derail the thread

if you dont want to discuss it go elsewhere

I believe I JUST finished offering to have YOU cite ANY of the Federalist Papers to support what appears to be your thesis (or at least the thesis in the OP, which may or may not be one you support).
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7194065-post71.html

Tell me. Is there (in your estimation as a scholar of The Federalist Papers) ANY such piece which contends that the LIMITATIONS which the FOUNDERS and FRAMERS sought to impose on the power of the Federal Government which are also supposed to be applicable to the STATE governments or localities?

If so, which one(s). Quote a bit of the one or the ones you say makes such an argument.

:eusa_whistle:

Hey nit wit. YOU brought up the Federalist Papers, no one else did:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7192982-post6.html

Drinking early this morning you racist you?

its called democracy.

the people are allowed to have their say in the fed or in the state.

Libertarians want to re fight the federalist papers.

what they really need to do is study the federalist papers and learn what the founders learned in that process of publically discussing the perameters of government like this country did at that momment.

why do you think they are called the federalists papers?

Federalist Papers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Federalist Papers are a series of 85 articles and essays written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay promoting the ratification of the United States Constitution. Seventy-seven were published serially in The Independent Journal and The New York Packet between October of 1787 and August 1788. A compilation of these and eight others, called The Federalist; or, The New Constitution, was published in two volumes in 1788 by J. and A. McLean.[1] The series' correct title is The Federalist; the title The Federalist Papers did not emerge until the twentieth century.

Though the authors of The Federalist Papers foremost wished to influence the vote in favor of ratifying the Constitution, in Federalist No 1 they explicitly set that debate in broader political terms:

It has been frequently remarked, that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not, of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend, for their political constitutions, on accident and force.[2]

Typical TderpM. Invites a "discussion" then quibbles about the nature of the discussion.

TderpM, uyou gutless, spineless hypocritical dishonest liberal hack coward, make a stand.

For once in your useless existence, make a coherent argument.

Forum List

Back