Curious, why do Libertarians only seem to care about the federal government?

its called democracy.

the people are allowed to have their say in the fed or in the state.

Libertarians want to re fight the federalist papers.

what they really need to do is study the federalist papers and learn what the founders learned in that process of publically discussing the perameters of government like this country did at that momment.

post 4 in this thread I said it

I know you perfer to jsut call me silly names but at some point you have to discuss them or admitt you know Im right

You are nothing more worthwhile than JUST a silly name.

But what is it (exactly) that you think you are "right" about?

So far, you have failed to state ANY thesis.

See gentle readers.

they are anti the American government and FEAR what the founders actually said.

fear makes you look very very silly.

You dont want to discuss the federalist papers huh?

I invited you to state your thesis, you imbecile.

You are clearly not up to the task.

I already did.

the federalist papers distroys all the right wing memes.

ready set GO

The Federalist Papers neither distroy (whatever that might mean) nor destroy ANY right wing beliefs.

But, if you imagine that somewhere in your unclear musings you have some kind of "point," you'd be much better served by stating it.

Make your case. Be specific.

Identify a so-called "right wing meme" that you imagine the Federalist Papers somehow destroy. THEN, quoting a snippet of any of the Federalist Papers, support your contention on HOW it allegedly destroys that claimed "meme."

Go.

I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.

Well, we do. Listen closer.

But there's good reason to worry, first and foremost, about overreaching federal government. And I'd say it's more or less the opposite of what you suggest. Federal law, in general, supersedes local - so an overreaching federal law is something you can't avoid - short of leaving the country.

it seems a pretty simply equation really. As an example, which would threaten our rights more, a federal law banning something or a local one?

Im out for awhile at least guys.

please feel free to take your time and construct a REAL debate about the intentions of the founders in light of ANY part of the federalist papers.

i will debate it with you at any length.

name calling without any content will merely be ignored

Im out for awhile at least guys.

please feel free to take your time and construct a REAL debate about the intentions of the founders in light of ANY part of the federalist papers.

i will debate it with you at any length.

name calling without any content will merely be ignored

It is clear that TderpM has ZERO intentions of actually offering even so much as a contention.

In the drunk mindless rodent twat brain of hers, she latches on to a "topic" ["the Federalist Papers"] and then "invites discussion" about that rather substantial body of thought.

But she evidently has no thoughts, herself, about the Federalist Papers -- except that they somehow don't support what she imagines (but does not identify) constitutes some right wing "memes." :cuckoo:

its called democracy.

what they really need to do is study the federalist papers and learn what the founders learned in that process of publically discussing the perameters of government like this country did at that momment.

why do you think they are called the federalists papers?

You arguing with yourself now?

its called democracy.

why do you think they are called the federalists papers?

You arguing with yourself now?

Worse. She's losing on both ends.

I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.

Actually, there is an even bigger embarrassment which most "Talk Radio Libertarians" never mention - and that's the relationship between government and corporations.

Do you understand the point of lobbying and election funding? The market winners have captured the centralized power of the state. Government now exists to subsidize and bail out capital.

John Galt (the icon of free market capitalism) now craves state intervention. Indeed, business wants patent protection for its products so it can put a monopoly fence around its investments. Do you know how much the tax payer pays to maintain the patent system? But it doesn't stop there. Corporations want military support for their overseas supply chains. [Read the labels on your clothes and consumer goods. These things come from dangerous places that must be stabilized by our military. Do you know how much money it costs to ensure that our capitalists get ultra-cheap labor from freedom-hating, dictator-lead nations?] Corporations also require advanced industrial infrastructure - another generous gift from the taxpayer. Or what about FDIC insurance so risk is underwritten for free? Or what about the legal system which is needed to enforce their contracts and protect their property and investments? The public pays untold trillions to ensure their property, and their markets, and their profits are protected. Worse: banks get virtually free money from the fed (under 1%) to lend out at a high interest rate. The consumer electronics boom of the 80s came from technology that was developed in the state sector (through the Pentagon and NASA budgets). Before you make silly posts, study Boeing and commercial aviation, specifically the amount of state support given to this fabulous profit cow. Let's not even talk about what big government does for big oil.

What scares me is that you have been drugged with cliches about Government Control, but you have not done any research outside of your party's tightly controlled information system. You should at least understand the other side of the story.

Don't be their useful idiot. They're trying to convince you that the capitalist represents freedom - and freedom is dying at the hands of the Stalinist State. What they're not tell you is that they own the state. When a senator does not vote for special interests, he faces a primary challenge. Do you know how many rightwing senators, who passed the 2003 Drug Bill, are now pharmaceutical lobbyists?

You've been turned, unwittingly, into an apparachik for the special interests which run government.

Turn off talk radio and FOX News and research who owns government.

http://deanbaker.net/images/stories/documents/cnswebbook.pdf

Last edited:
dude I picked this letter becuase a con talked about it .

It was chosen by someone else.

The ONLY agenda I have here is to discuss the federalist papers.

Pick any one you want and Ill discuss it with you or anyone.

Every one of them kills you guys memes dead

I believe I JUST finished offering to have YOU cite ANY of the Federalist Papers to support what appears to be your thesis (or at least the thesis in the OP, which may or may not be one you support).
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7194065-post71.html

Tell me. Is there (in your estimation as a scholar of The Federalist Papers) ANY such piece which contends that the LIMITATIONS which the FOUNDERS and FRAMERS sought to impose on the power of the Federal Government which are also supposed to be applicable to the STATE governments or localities?

If so, which one(s). Quote a bit of the one or the ones you say makes such an argument.

:eusa_whistle:

Im not the OP of this thread you brain addled fool

But you ARE the one who brought up the Federalist Papers you idiot.

Actually, there is an even bigger embarrassment which most "Talk Radio Libertarians" never mention -
<snip>
Turn off talk radio and FOX News [/drivel/]

Fox News and talk radio have as much in common with libertarianism as Truthmatters has in common with rational, reasoned, intelligent thought processes....NONE

Last edited:
its called democracy.

we are a republic

how many times must you be told this

until you figure it out, you will never understand politics in this country

see how they refuse to discuss a huge party of this countries history.

how much of it is becuase they dont know anything about the subject of the constitutions backing by the guy who wrote most of it?

How much of it is because they know dammed well their stance is against the debates of the people who believed in the constitution.

why do they keep insulting me and refusing to discuss these country building discussions that WON in the end?

becuase the people on the right are wrong either by not knowing the real facts or they are actaully anti The constitution and LIE about what the founders intended.

Forum List

Back