An article that has proven to be timeless.

Massive debt.
I'm not sure the debt amassed during their respective admin's could be for more disparate reasons. You stretch credulity making analogies between the two presidencies.

I'm not sure the debt amassed during their respective admin's could be for more disparate reasons. You stretch credulity making analogies between the two presidencies.

People will always make excuses for their debt of their guy. Same old same old.

I realize few will notice this posting, but one constantly hears about how the political Right has gone off the deep edge. It is all nonsense, of course, with Lefties ascribing to their counterparts the very thing they are doing, hoping nobody will notice.

Consider,
  • Less than a generation ago, top Democrats were standing side-by-side with Republicans on their condemnation of illegal immigration, noting that in addition to its negative social aspects, it was costing the taxpayers billions. Now the Left welcomes illegals, hoping to one day make them government-dependent voting Democrats. Republicans position has remained the same.
  • Less than a generation ago, Congress passed a truly bi-partisan law (never repealed) called the Defense of Marriage Act, which stated basically that the Congress would never allow the Feds to recognized the perverted nuptials between people of the same gender. Now the Left LOVES "irregular" marriages, and calls anyone who questions them a "bigot," "homophone," "troglodyte," or similar slanders. The Republican position has never changed.
  • A generation ago, it was broadly known that the U.S. had to maximize its production of fossil fuels in order to become totally energy independent, and avoid any situation where an antagonistic foreign government could cripple our economy by withholding oil, gasoline, or whatever. Now the Left is totally against "drilling," "fracking," and anything else that might produce new energy, and specifically ANWR. The position of the Republicans has not changed.
  • A generation ago, both parties were intent on removing racial and ethnic discrimination from government at all levels, and the private sector wherever possible. Indeed, tremendous progress had been made for Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, with and without government "assistance." Now, when someone suggests that all people be treated equally, the Left considers that to be not only unfair, but "Fascistic." The position of the political Right has remained as it always was, encapsulated by the very name of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
  • A few weeks ago, there was unanimous consent that the human race was binary; there were boys and there were girls, the nature of both being clearly identifiable at birth, excepting only a tiny portion of one percent of newborns who were unfortunately born with ambiguous genitalia. Now the Left seems to believe that one's sex is a matter of opinion, and that the physician delivering a baby is merely expressing his opinion when declaring, "It's a boy!" or otherwise. The Republican position has never changed.
Get the picture? The Left has gone out of its figurative mind. The Right, having actual principles, has pretty much remained the same.

You claim it's a fact yet don't have the capacity to back up your assertion.
No, you lack the intellectual honesty to admit true facts.

But you ARE a parrot, so that explains a lot.

Less than a generation ago, top Democrats were standing side-by-side with Republicans on their condemnation of illegal immigration, noting that in addition to its negative social aspects, it was costing the taxpayers billions. Now the Left welcomes illegals, hoping to one day make them government-dependent voting Democrats. Republicans position has remained the same.
I appreciate you providing an example of the fact free beliefs to which conservatives adhere as Frum so painfully points out.

You do remember what economic conditions were like when Obama took office, right?

Yep and I remember how he gave away billions to the banks while people lost their houses to those very same banks.

Yep and I remember how he gave away billions to the banks while people lost their houses to those very same banks.
So........you favored a complete collapse of the financial system? Don't get me wrong. The bank's executives should have all been sacked and some should have faced legal consequences. But the banking system needed to be saved.

BTW, I noticed how you subtly changed the subject.

The demented LEFT shouldn't have lowered loan standards for LOSERS that had NO BUSINESS "owning" a home, Ms. Contrary-pants! :eusa_hand:

If you believe banks are representatives of the "demented left" have at it and enjoy your rant.

So........you favored a complete collapse of the financial system? Don't get me wrong. The bank's executives should have all been sacked and some should have faced legal consequences. But the banking system needed to be saved.

BTW, I noticed how you subtly changed the subject.

I did not. This has all been covered endlessly. Obama filled the banks coffers while the people went under water.

There is a reason Timmy Geithner noted that many bankers ran afoul of the laws but the administration would let it all slide.

Obama out Republicans where the banks and Wall Street was concerned. I suppose I should note that I'm not sure even Trump could have pulled that off.

Ultimately, the TARP program netted taxpayers a $15B profit.

I paid attention. It did not. Yes that is the lie the administration fed the people but it was nothing more than a lie even Trump could be proud of.

Forum List

Back