Cuts to SS and Medicare

Post where I said that. Go ahead or stop making up shit.
Reduction in SS pay outs is RECESSIONARY. Not only does it hurt the recipient it hurts ordinary people too. We Used golf courses as an example. Without monies spend in golf, ordinary players would see closings or bill increases in membership dues. Even if you cut it for people with decent retirement incomes with out SS, it would be recessionary.
But that went over your head didn’t it ? So you had to make up shit…..
your story constantly changes, I guess its your defective liberal gene.

The only workable solution, albeit a painful one, is to cut every item in the federal budget by a fixed %, say 15% to start, every program, ss, medicare, military, govt employee pay, congressional pay, congressional staff and benefits, presidential salary and benefits, VA, parks, CDC, every item in the budget.

The only workable solution, albeit a painful one, is to cut every item in the federal budget by a fixed %, say 15% to start, every program, ss, medicare, military, govt employee pay, congressional pay, congressional staff and benefits, presidential salary and benefits, VA, parks, CDC, every item in the budget.
15% cuts would be too disruptive and have no support in washington

A 1% reduction is more practical and achievable

15% cuts would be too disruptive and have no support in washington

A 1% reduction is more practical and achievable
1% would not fix anything, the cuts have to be painful in order to be effective. I get it that the DC crooks would not do anything that might hurt their income, that's why we are in this mess now.

1% would not fix anything
It would fix more than you give it credit for

The federal budget is still sound but its getting worse

A freeze combined with a 1% reduction each year would stop the bleeding and begin a move in the right direction

Its certainly better than the stalemate of ever growing debt we have now

That’s ridiculous. Clinton balanced the budget by limiting the increase in growth, not cutting it. We have this little item you have never thought of…..it’s called COLA. If you start cutting EVERYTHING, we go into a deep recession. Economics is not your strong suit is it ?

That’s ridiculous. Clinton balanced the budget by limiting the increase in growth, not cutting it. We have this little item you have never thought of…..it’s called COLA. If you start cutting EVERYTHING, we go into a deep recession. Economics is not your strong suit is it ?
A 1% cut will not send the US into a depression

It would fix more than you give it credit for

The federal budget is still sound but its getting worse

A freeze combined with a 1% reduction each year would stop the bleeding and begin a move in the right direction

Its certainly better than the stalemate of ever growing debt we have now
I agree that it would be better than what the idiots are doing now, but we would still be in fiscal deficit and have to borrow or print more money to make ends meet. The federal budget is NOT sound, it hasn't been sound for many years, we are 30 trillion in debt with no end in sight. At some point the country will simply have to declare bankruptcy and tell China and the other creditors to pound sand.

I agree that it would be better than what the idiots are doing now, but we would still be in fiscal deficit and have to borrow or print more money to make ends meet. The federal budget is NOT sound, it hasn't been sound for many years, we are 30 trillion in debt with no end in sight. At some point the country will simply have to declare bankruptcy and tell China and the other creditors to pound sand.
All of that is true

We are headed for disaster

But holding out for an impossible dream is not going to save us

Clinton didn't balance shit. Newt did. Slick vetoed the bill twice, and only signed it when facing an override.

Send me everything I have pain in the last 41 years with 10 % interest and we will call it a day!

All of that is true

We are headed for disaster

But holding out for an impossible dream is not going to save us
The only thing that will save the country financially is drastic budget and spending cuts. If we continue to spend more than we take in the problem only gets bigger. And contrary to what most of the libs say, we cannot tax the rich enough to fix the mess, there simply aren't enough of them.

The only thing that will save the country financially is drastic budget and spending cuts. If we continue to spend more than we take in the problem only gets bigger. And contrary to what most of the libs say, we cannot tax the rich enough to fix the mess, there simply aren't enough of them.
The dems saying that is red meat for their voters, period, they are not going to bite the hand of big donors anymore than republicans are.

Forum List

Back