Damn the luck. My jobs tool trailer snapped the frame over my axle last night.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Rusted all the way through and snapped in two. Bought it new in 2001 so I guess I got my money's worth out of it.
They want 4k for a similar trailer now. Yikes!
Debating on what route to go now. Bought a truck took box to use temporarily.

Rusted all the way through and snapped in two. Bought it new in 2001 so I guess I got my money's worth out of it.
Buy an old delivery truck like my boss in the 1980's used.

2001 I could buy a smooth paddle masonry mixer for less than 2k, now 4K...But there's low inflation in the USA.

• Banned
I have a demo/delivery truck but I leave the trailer on the jobsites for easy access to equipment & supplies.
Just going to be a logistical pain in the ass for a bit till I figure out a plan.
Common sense says just buy the new trailer but this morning I opened up the trailer to take stock of what I actually use on every job vs what is excessive tools and supplies that are less frequently used.
I am considering trying to condense into a smaller open trailer with a large bolted on Job Box. It could work but I am concerned about theft. Most customers give me at least one garage bay but not all of them can or will.

I have a demo/delivery truck but I leave the trailer on the jobsites for easy access to equipment & supplies.
Just going to be a logistical pain in the ass for a bit till I figure out a plan.
Common sense says just buy the new trailer but this morning I opened up the trailer to take stock of what I actually use on every job vs what is excessive tools and supplies that are less frequently used.
I am considering trying to condense into a smaller open trailer with a large bolted on Job Box. It could work but I am concerned about theft. Most customers give me at least on garage bay but not all of them can or will.
Yeah, it's bad around here, they'll steal a broken shovel.

• Banned
2001 I could buy a smooth paddle masonry mixer for less than 2k, now 4K...But there's low inflation in the USA.
I think I paid 2400 for my now broken trailer. The rep told me that 18 years is a good lifespan for it so yeah. I wouldn't have any idea how long these trailers are supposed to last. It was a 5x6x10 enclosed trailer. When i bought it i had extra support beams welded to the frame for more support.

Forum List

Back