Dark is good. Who knew?

Maybe as we rely more on renewables like solar, we'll have more blackouts and we'll be able to see the stars in order to navigate at anight?

The answer in the post-GPS liberal utopia.

BTW, its really dark at night in the Liberal Despotate of North Korea- maybe that should be our goal?

The night sky shows the handiwork of God. No wonder we want to wipe it out from view. Our lights only reveal our manmade mess at night.

Pollution......air and light.......have always been a part of civilization.

Why do they think observatories are built out in the boonies????

Well, except those retards in LA.

1663684677399.png

The last time I rented a fishing cabin I was out at night & it looked like the sky had exploded! The amount and brightness of the stars was AMAZING!
Same here. Northern Wisconsin nights are pitch black without the moon, but the stars are spectacular.

Makes viewing the heavens difficult.
I can see the sky quite fine at my house. I can drive two miles and see it even more.

What is it you need to see over having sight and life?

I get to see the moon as it comes up quite large. Even though it isn't any larger.

I can see the sky quite fine at my house. I can drive two miles and see it even more.

What is it you need to see over having sight and life?

I get to see the moon as it comes up quite large. Even though it isn't any larger.
Seeing God's handiwork unspoiled by man is edifying and inspiring.:bowdown:

Fifty miles out of urban Twin Cities I get the dark sky to my north and can easily see the glow of the metro region to the south.
It gets a little brighter every year.

Time to move further out.

The Milky Way has a pink tint to her, same with Andromeda ... but you need REALLY dark skies to see this ... and 1075 mb sea-level pressure ... and negative humidity values ... and 7,000 elevation ... and put your eye glasses on ... sheesh ... but you'll "see the pink" as astronomers are fond of saying (fucking perverts every single one) ...

Forum List

Back