🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Darrel Issa "How Dare you!!"

The teabaggers are going to destroy the GOP.

Too bad Boehner doesn't have the stones to tell the crazies in his own party to shut the fuck up.

“We’re very excited,” said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.”

On cusp of shutdown, House conservatives excited, say they are doing the right thing - The Washington Post

Oh, I love it when the certifiably insane get exactly what they want.

They're getting what they want right now, but it's gonna hurt them seriously bad in 2014.

My personal wish? I'm hoping that every idiot in DC who has done nothing but obstruct and block this country from doing anything that is positive gets voted out of office the next time they are up for re-election.

And.......................my top 4 (used to be top 3, but Cruz has been a moron over these past few months) are Boehner, McConnell, Cantor and Cruz. But..................if the rabid right wingers keep up with their idiocy, the list can be expanded.

Shutting down the government is NOT a good idea, it will hurt a lot of people, and will seriously fuck up the reputation and credit of this country.

As far as Issa? I hope that someone finds some juicy dirt on him (because a greedy prick like that always has some) and exposes it soon, so that he steps down from office in disgrace.

Same with Cruz.

I'd offer a reward for those two if I had the ability to do so.

Here's a fun read.

Government shutdown: What you need to know - CNN.com

How many government workers could be furloughed?

More than 783,000 government employees, according to a CNN analysis of contingency plans published by the federal government on Friday. Not all government agencies submitted contingency plans.

And will this kill Obamacare?

It probably wouldn't. Most of the money for Obamacare comes from new taxes and fees, as well as from cost cuts to other programs like Medicare and other types of funding that would continue even if the government shuts down.

Is there any hope if a deal isn't struck by midnight?

If lawmakers reach an agreement by late Monday night, but the funding bill hasn't made it to the president's desk, the government can ignore a short lapse in funding and carry on in good faith knowing that it will. The last time that happened was April 2011.

They won't get what they want, so the only question would be how much damage will happen while they hold their breath until they pass out.

hopefully liberals will open their eyes and realize this is the dems fault

and we dems hope you repub-lie-tards keep saying liberals will open their eyes and realize this is the dems fault mean while these repub-lie-tards just lost their 2014 election ... cause these damn dems shut down the government ... yep we got it!!!! you don't!!!!

If the GOP knows that it's gonna be a fail, why are they holding their breath until they pass out (and possibly doing more damage to themselves in the form of a concussion or a broken bone)?

Sometimes, when people follow the party line in lockstep, they can become blinded to what is good for all.

I mean...............there are many times where something was held up as good by the GOP, but when Obama said it was good as well, they then immediately denounced it.

I mean..........................healthcare was done first by Mittens RobMe (Mitt Romney) in MA, and everyone thought it was a good idea until Obama made it national.

Forum List

Back