Darwin Award Winner Disqualified: 'Be careful what you say around family!'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Joaquin Mendez, 23, put on an old bullet-proof vest, in the presence of his cousin, and wondered aloud, "I wonder if this still works". His cousin immediately replied, "Let's see" and fatally shot Mendez. The vest did NOT still work.

Initially awarded a 'Darwin Award' for the incident, he was quickly disqualified for it as it was determined since the death was not idiotically self-inflicted he did not qualify for it.

Police Say Florida Man Fatally Shot His Cousin to See if Bulletproof Vest ‘Still Worked’

Yup, that's pretty stupid alright. I think he should be eligible.

Thank goodness that one won't breed.

Joaquin Mendez, 23, put on an old bullet-proof vest, in the presence of his cousin, and wondered aloud, "I wonder if this still works". His cousin immediately replied, "Let's see" and fatally shot Mendez. The vest did NOT still work.

Initially awarded a 'Darwin Award' for the incident, he was quickly disqualified for it as it was determined since the death was not idiotically self-inflicted he did not qualify for it.

Police Say Florida Man Fatally Shot His Cousin to See if Bulletproof Vest ‘Still Worked’

Did he get a refund?

Did he get a refund?
His cousin did... :p

According to the Darwin rules he would only qualify for award consideration if he'd shot himself.

Forum List

Back