David Duke On Presidential Bid: "Yes, I Am Considering It"

I find it disheartening that so many think this is a conservative vs liberals issue, or a republican vs democrats issue.

Why not accept that both parties are corrupt and have stopped doing anything for the good of the American people. Anyone who votes for either of those parties is voting for evil, they'll even admit that themselves with their "I voted for the lesser of two evils." Well guess what? The lesser of two evils is EVIL!!!!

Are you under the mistaken impression that I'm a fan of the democrats/liberals? If so, get over it. This thread is about David Duke running for the presidency -- as a republican.

I find the crickets chirping in the republican seats to be rather nauseating.

I don't care...IMO, the dems are just as bad and I didn't hear anybody crying about the racists in their party.

Now, don't run from the essence of your original post: your post identified the reason why Southerners vote Republican is a racist Nixonian Southern Strategy.

No, my original point is that neither party has a clean bill of health on racial issues. Shocker. I know.

My refutation was that the policy that won over that population was one that resisted the far left policies assumed and championed by the Democrat Party.

No, that was your lame, OPED rebuttal. No wonder you stick to cut and paste. You can't hack it when you have to swim on your own.

You can follow the voting trends in the South which point a fairly clear picture to when the change occurred. My contention is that this was facilitated by GOP strategists who sought to capitalize on the the backlash of the Civil Rights movement and this was a driving force behind the change in voting patterns in the South. You claim this never happened, but I have provided the actual words of one of Nixon's chief strategists who said that is exactly what the plan was. Of course, you (quite hilariously) claimed he said something completely different. I guess Ann didn't prep you for that one, huh?

At any rate, your contention that the south turned Red because of hippies or abortion or whatever the fuck you claim is the actual reason (and not race) is absurd and solely your opinion. There is some debate as to if the reason was more economic and not race related, but you've never referenced that.

Either way, it is clear that the GOP, beginning in the late 60's, sought to gain the South purely on capitalizing on the blow back of civil rights.

How is that for your party of civil rights?

1. "No doubt the GOP was responsible for emancipating the slaves, thought that was hardly the reason it was created."
That is exatly the reason it was created. Learn some history.

2."... the Civil Rights act, as evidenced by simple numbers and the President who signed it into law (as opposed to Ms. Coulter's opinion) was a Democratic initiative."
There were several civil rights acts....those prior to 1964 produced greater achievements for black Americans than the '64.

a. Democrats blocked Republican-instituted civil rights bills, 1890 protection for black voters; anti-lynching bills in 1922, 1935, and 1938; anti-poll tax bills in 1942,1944, and 1946.

b. A far greater proportion of Republicans voted for the '64 act than did Democrats.

When we speak of Civil Rights in the 21st century, it is generally understood (by everyone that isn't a hack) that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was the Watershed event. Eisenhower made some gains in '57, but that bill feel short in it's scope and reach. Even the original bill wasn't as audacious as the '64 bill. Furthermore, it was the '64 bill that caused the greatest upheaval in the south. The fallout was virtually immediate. It is why Goldwater beat LBJ in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina in the '64 presidential election (Though, with Civil Rights having passed and LBJ's shameful handling of Viet Nam, I think the country would have been better off with Goldwater).

I'll give credit to member of both parties for doing what is right. That is the difference between us, you want to pretend that the credit belongs to the GOP, which wasn't even in power at the time.

3. "...do you understand what the Southern Strategy was?"
The Southern Strategy as you identify it never existed, and the concept is firmly embedded in the fantasy-mythology that the left has used with the weak minded.
The same applies to your erroneous belief that ROTC left the Northeastern Liberal universities of their own volition.

You opinion on both of these issues is not sufficient when stacked up against the actual evidence I have provided.

Right. The "Southern Strategy" is a complete fabrication.

But most important is the Republican Party's recent record as the vehicle of white supremacy in the South, beginning with the Goldwater campaign and reaching its apex in Richard M. Nixon's ''Southern strategy'' in 1968 and 1972. Republicans appealed to Nixon Democrats (later Reagan Democrats) in the Northern suburbs, many of them ethnic voters who had left the cities to escape from blacks, with promises to crack down on welfare cheats and to bring law and order; the party also fought affirmative action.

POLITICS - THE ISSUES - G.O.P. Tries Hard to Win Black Votes, but Recent History Works Against It - An Analysis; News Analysis - NYTimes.com

4. "elements within the GOP sought to make political capital out of the backlash that followed civil rights."
Southerners voted for Republican integrationist policies.
Case in point: the idea of a ‘Southern Strategy’ as some kind of racist appeal to Southerners seems to be less than supportable when one observes the fate of segregationist Democrat Governor Orval Faubus of Arkansas.

Did he suddenly became a Republican when Nixon became President??? No, he became retired when Republican Winthop Rockefeller defeated him as an integrationist, in a state with 11% Republican registration, Arkansas.
BTW, Clinton invited Faubus to his inauguration as governor, warmly embracing him.

Faubus was wrong on race issues. Most Southern politicians were at the time. Some of those Southerners came around in their later years. Some never did. People are products of the time they live in. At any rate, Faubus was still an extremely popular governor of Arkansas. If you are stating that Clinton acknowledging that was, in some form, a tacit approval of Faubus' segregationist views? That's stupid beyond belief. That's as stupid as liberals who claim that Trent Lott slapping Strom Thurmond on the back at his birthday party made him some sort of closet racist.

Your point about Faubus remaining a Democrat is well taken. But you see, this is the point that is being made (and you are doing your damndest to ignore), after Civil Rights the South slowly evolved from overwhelmingly Democratic to overwhelmingly Republican. The vast majority of Governors in the South in the last 30 years have been Republican. The south has generally voted Republican. Gone are the days of the "Southern Democrat"

5. "But what would I know about ROTC? I only was a part of it for four years."
And this proves that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Which Ivy did you attend?
With which that evicted ROTC do you have experience?

I'll assume the "not the sharpest knife" comment has something to do with my comments and not the fact that I was in ROTC.

I didn't attend an "Ivy". I believe you went to Columbia. And yet, you were not in ROTC. (and I can't imagine you had much interest in ROTC when you were a student, so the fact that you did go to an Ivy isn't terribly relevant either).

I get the nuance behind ROTC programs. I can understand why more elite schools would want to address the fact that ROTC classes are not terribly academically rigorous (Which is true. Learning the ins and outs of an OPORDER isn't exactly a high academic endeavor) and that the faculty at ROTC, Commissioned Officers (usually without Ph.D.'s) and NCOs were not on par with the usual expectations of the faculty. That was the divide. Not opposition to the Viet Nam war (which has now evolved into opposition to DADT, which will eventually evolve into something else now that DADT is kaput).

It's an urban legend. As the author starts out:

EVERYONE knows that Ivy League universities banned the Reserve Officer Training Corps from their campuses during the Vietnam War.

As he goes on to point out, it's simply not true.

Fact:
- ROTC has not been banned from any single Northeast College. If you dispute this, you should easily be able to provide documentation to the contrary.
- The Federal Government has never sanctioned any University under the Solomon Amendment.
10 U.S.C. § 983 : US Code - Section 983: Institutions of higher education that prevent ROTC access or military recruiting on campus: denial of grants and contracts from Department of Defense, Department of Education, and certain other departments and

These are the facts. You are left with your opinion, which is ill-formed and researched.

Perhaps a separate thread should be started on this.

Oh- none and none?
Doesn't stop you from swallowing every bit of propagana that the NYTimes puts on your tray,eh.

Propaganda? As opposed to your opinion and Ann Coulter snippets?

6. "you are partisan to the point of being dull."
OH....if only you had the gift of irony.

You attempt to propound a Democrat idyll in the face of multiple examples of Republican civil rights legislative endeavors.
That pretty much identifies you as a close your eyes, cover your ears, stamp your foot, partisan loyalist. Learn some history.

7. One more time, and a most telling episode: LBJ and the Democrats gutted the enforcement provisions of the 1957 bill, i.e., anyone accused of violating a person’s voting rights was guaranteed a jury trial- and, therefore, jury nullification by Democrat juries.

To fix the enforcement provisions that Democrats had gutted, Eisenhower introduced a bill to create the US Civil Rights Commission…Democrats staged the longest filibuster in history- over 125 hours. But the bill passed and was signed by Ike on May 6, 1960.

Not Democrats. Democrat. Who was that Democrat? Strom Thurmond. You do remember Strom Thurmond, right?

Reagan_1980_campaign.jpg

Now why would he become a Republican in 1964? Gee, what could have happened?

On the one hand, you want to chide the Democrats for Faubus, but you conveniently omit that the GOP picked up the Thurmond-nator.

As I said, you are partisan to the point of being dull.

Yet in '64, these same segretationist Democrats became civil rights activists???
Baloney.

No, their was just enough popular support within the party to marginalize them and over ride them. As I noted, the Democrats had a majority in the house and senate. The bill would not have passed without the Democrats.

And, you see these same Republicans as using some anti-civil rights racist 'Southern Strategy.'
Bogus.

It's a fabrication that you have been taught, and haven't the intellectual strength to overcome.

Just like Tailgunner Joe was such a Great American and the multitude of other bullshit that Ann Coulter tells you?

Irony is you lecturing anyone on intellectual strength.

Last edited:
You are saying that if I, as a conservative, say some Republican organization is right, or wrong....

I find it disheartening when conservatives are more interested in focusing on Robert Byrd than in rooting out the outright racists in their own party that give them all a black eye. And, more than a little hypocritical.

In no way would I allow someone like David Duke to associate himself with me (ditto Elijah Muhammed or ANY OTHER RACIST). Why does the association of David Duke with the Republican party appear to bother you less than the association of Robert Byrd with the Democratic Party?

Why aren't more republicans involved in forcefully calling out and disavowing racists like David Duke, and demanding that their peers in the party dissasociate themselves from him?

I find it disheartening that so many think this is a conservative vs liberals issue, or a republican vs democrats issue.

Why not accept that both parties are corrupt and have stopped doing anything for the good of the American people. Anyone who votes for either of those parties is voting for evil, they'll even admit that themselves with their "I voted for the lesser of two evils." Well guess what? The lesser of two evils is EVIL!!!!

Equally lame are the "They all suck, I am going to take my ball and go home!" crowd.

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

So, political chic, you WOULD like to see this happen?

The Southern Strategy as you identify it never existed, and the concept is firmly embedded in the fantasy-mythology that the left has used with the weak minded.
The same applies to your erroneous belief that ROTC left the Northeastern Liberal universities of their own volition.

:rofl:

yea...

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Political Chic... you so stooopid.

I find it disheartening when conservatives are more interested in focusing on Robert Byrd than in rooting out the outright racists in their own party that give them all a black eye. And, more than a little hypocritical.

In no way would I allow someone like David Duke to associate himself with me (ditto Elijah Muhammed or ANY OTHER RACIST). Why does the association of David Duke with the Republican party appear to bother you less than the association of Robert Byrd with the Democratic Party?

Why aren't more republicans involved in forcefully calling out and disavowing racists like David Duke, and demanding that their peers in the party dissasociate themselves from him?

Equally lame are the "They all suck, I am going to take my ball and go home!" crowd.

I'm not taking my ball home. I am kicking and screaming and doing everything I can to get those idiots to realize that they are voting for EVIL and the continuing ruination of our country. Take that! <I say while throwing my ball in your face>

Last edited:
Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong".

Yeah.

Because a homosexual JEW is really likely to stick up for whites in America.

More like stick up things where they shouldn't go.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong".

Yeah.

Because a homosexual JEW is really likely to stick up for whites in America.

More like stick up things where they shouldn't go.

he was speaking about the reality of the Southern Strategy used by the GOP. Being gay or Jewish really has nothing to do with it.

3 Reasons There Are So Many Jews In Comedy | Cracked.com

Michael Steele Acknowledges GOP Had &#8220;Southern Strategy&#8221; For Decades | The Plum Line

Steele made his remarks at DePaul University on Tuesday night. He acknowledged that “we haven’t done a very good job” of giving African Americans a reason to vote Republican. That’s actually unremarkable. But here’s what he also said:

“We have lost sight of the historic, integral link between the party and African-Americans,” Steele said. “This party was co-founded by blacks, among them Frederick Douglass. The Republican Party had a hand in forming the NAACP, and yet we have mistreated that relationship. People don’t walk away from parties. Their parties walk away from them.

“For the last 40-plus years we had a ‘Southern Strategy’ that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South. Well, guess what happened in 1992, folks, ‘Bubba’ went back home to the Democratic Party and voted for Bill Clinton.”

Michael Steele Acknowledges GOP Had &#8220;Southern Strategy&#8221; For Decades | The Plum Line

Steele made his remarks at DePaul University on Tuesday night. He acknowledged that &#8220;we haven&#8217;t done a very good job&#8221; of giving African Americans a reason to vote Republican. That&#8217;s actually unremarkable. But here&#8217;s what he also said:

&#8220;We have lost sight of the historic, integral link between the party and African-Americans,&#8221; Steele said. &#8220;This party was co-founded by blacks, among them Frederick Douglass. The Republican Party had a hand in forming the NAACP, and yet we have mistreated that relationship. People don&#8217;t walk away from parties. Their parties walk away from them.

&#8220;For the last 40-plus years we had a &#8216;Southern Strategy&#8217; that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South. Well, guess what happened in 1992, folks, &#8216;Bubba&#8217; went back home to the Democratic Party and voted for Bill Clinton.&#8221;

Clearly, Michael Steele represents some kind of jewish-black-mud people conspiracy to destroy America.

amirite?

Last edited:
Those people are FOR whites. Not against. For!

So dressing up like a douchebag with a cone hat and lighting fires to crosses makes you proud?

I think the Klan would be a little more intimidating if they updated their wardrobe and recruited people who were under 50 and didn't have beer guts. I can't take them seriously about superior races when they look like a bunch of Wal Mart greeters in Ghost costumers.

:rofl:

yea...

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Political Chic... you so stooopid.

Tell me, oh-wise-one...
If, rather than quoting someone, I were to list, say ten or fifteen specific items that showed that during the so-called "Southern Strategy" the Republians, i.e., the Nixon adminstration 'effectively reached out" and accomplished what the Democrats did not, for the black community in the South, would that pretty much make you appear....

..."so stooopid?"

1. Let&#8217;s see what the Nixon adminstration did as examples of their &#8220;Republican-racist tilt:&#8221;

a. As president of the Senate, Nixon strongly supported civil rights, specifically the 1957 civil rights act, issuing an advisory opinion that a filibuster could be stopped with a simple majority, thereby changing Senate rules. Congressional Record, Volume 157 Issue 12 (Thursday, January 27, 2011)

b. &#8220;During the 1966 campaign, Nixon was personally thanked by Dr. King for his help in passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957http://www.nbra.info/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Nixon_s_Southern_Strategy_Was_Not_A_Racist_Appeal

c. Between 1969 and 1974, Nixon raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent, and

d. doubled the budget for black colleges;

e. appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ;

f. adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions,

g. and for black scholars in colleges and universities;

h. invented "Black Capitalism" (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise),

i. raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million,

j. increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent,

k. increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;

l. raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent.

m. This was written by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, "It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South."

n. Unlike the empty talk of the prior, Democrat, administration, between Nixon&#8217;s election in &#8217;68 and the end of his second year in office, in &#8217;70, black students attending all-black schools in the South declined from 68% to 18.4%, and the percentage of black students attending majority white schools went from 18.4% to 38.1%. Conrad Black, &#8220;The Invincible Quest: The Life of Richard Milhous Nixon,&#8221; p. 647.

Now, all you have to do is deny the above to prove your argument....
...oh, you can't?

Well, then, "...you so stooopid!"

Well, then,....explain how the dozen or so items above indicate "efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters."

What? They don't "use race to appeal to white southern voters"????

Now, do you see how the Democrats and their allies in the Old Left Media have manipulated you into believing that there was a racist Southern Strategy?

No- you still don't see it?

&#8220;There are none so blind as those, that will not see&#8221;
That would be you....'cause...

....."...you so stooopid!"

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
&#8220;Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.&#8221;
- Robert Byrd - D

&#8220;I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state &#8230;. The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia &#8230;. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va &#8230;. I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities.&#8221;
- Robert Byrd - D

&#8220;I&#8217;ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.&#8221;
- Lyndon B. Johnson - D

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/20-great-moments-in-liberal-bigotry

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

Willie, in my experience, the term 'race mongrels' is simply a fictional pejorative that doesn't exist outside of the folks invested with a primal hate.

I have seen- and so have you- good folks of every possible makeup and combination.
And you know that throughout history there have been all sorts of combination, and the results of same require a certain kind of blindness in order for all of same to be placed in one category, i.e. 'mongrels.'

I believe in the greatness of America, and don't find racial proportionality to be a factor in either direction.
But, I am sad for whatever events or conditions in live led you to feel the way you do, but I'm glad to see you continue on the board. This is the markeplace to exchange these ideas.

To your point, no I would never wish to "see Old Glory trampled in the dirt..."
I love this great nation.

Last edited:

Willie-J, so, I'm still thinking of your post, and it just occurred to me that the phrase..."a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds"...is exactly the way I tend to view the progressives!

OMG! I'm obsessed as well. I see those folks as de-societal-evolutionalry! They want a 'king' with no restrictions, who endorses pagen earth-worship, and lock-step collectivism!

Oh, well....

....so we each have our bete noire, eh?

Last edited:
Some years ago, some of the far righty extremist fools in the party wanted Duke to come speak to our fraternal clubs and political committee leadership. Right thinking Republicans immediately stepped on that as if it were a cockroach.

Willie, in my experience, the term 'race mongrels' is simply a fictional pejorative that doesn't exist outside of the folks invested with a primal hate.

I have seen- and so have you- good folks of every possible makeup and combination.
And you know that throughout history there have been all sorts of combination, and the results of same require a certain kind of blindness in order for all of same to be placed in one category, i.e. 'mongrels.'

I believe in the greatness of America, and don't find racial proportionality to be a factor in either direction.
But, I am sad for whatever events or conditions in live led you to feel the way you do, but I'm glad to see you continue on the board. This is the markeplace to exchange these ideas.

To your point, no I would never wish to "see Old Glory trampled in the dirt..."
I love this great nation.

Well, it just doesn't sound to me like you'd ever be honest about what makes this a great nation. Not blacks. Not Jews. Not Hispanics.

It was the Christian Whites who made this a great nation.

That's the Alpha and the Omega of it.

The fact that there are some good blacks, or good Hispanics... sure. But, it just doesn't change anything. If this country were 100 percent black, first of all, YOU wouldn't be here. And if you were, you'd be pretty isolated.

PC, it doesn't mean you're a bad person (i.e., "racist") if you feel this way. It just makes you a realist.

I was like you for a long time... "I'm conservative, but I'm not racist." The thought of being racist scared me... I thought, that's pretty much the ONE THING I could never consider.

But a few people woke me up. And I started following reality. And I finally came around.

Race really does have something to do with it.

Minority-white America, political chic, will not be the America you knew, your parents knew, or your grandparents knew. It will be the same soil, but a different place altogether. Already, our currency is devalued. Our debt is distrusted. We slip down, down, down, in so many categories. We will soon slip down to Brazil's level.

Is that a good thing? Think about it.

"Conservative"-- right. You "conserve" nothing if you don't "conserve" the race that made it.

Forum List

Back