David Jolly Wins In Florida.....!!!!

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
BREAKING: Republican Wins Bellwether Special Election in Florida - Guy Benson

This seat was previously held by a long-serving Republican, but Barack Obama carried it twice, the Republican nominee was far from flawless, and the Democratic nominee enjoyed a wide name ID advantage from her gubernatorial run. Many experts saw this race as Alex Sink's to lose. She ran on a "fix, don't repeal, Obamacare" platform. She lost.

Oh Boy !!!

2014 is looking very interesting.

If it's a bellweather, than how is it good for Republicans? They won it by 37 points in 2010, by 15 points in 2012, and now by only 2 points.

It's certainly a Republican win, but when you're supposed to win by a huge margin and you only just hang on for the win, I can't say it bodes well for Republicans this fall.

If it's a bellweather, than how is it good for Republicans? They won it by 37 points in 2010, by 15 points in 2012, and now by only 2 points.

It's certainly a Republican win, but when you're supposed to win by a huge margin and you only just hang on for the win, I can't say it bodes well for Republicans this fall.

A. The GOP candiate was (as the article says) less than perfect. Don't know what that means.

B. The democrat had high name recognition having run for the governors spot not to long ago.

C. Most pundits figured this was the demos to lose....and they lost it.

If you dump this one (which you were supposed to win)....well, guess what ?

This seat was previously held by a long-serving Republican, but Barack Obama carried it twice, the Republican nominee was far from flawless, and the Democratic nominee enjoyed a wide name ID advantage from her gubernatorial run. Many experts saw this race as Alex Sink's to lose. She ran on a "fix, don't repeal, Obamacare" platform. She lost.

Oh Boy !!!

Yes, considering FL. had been picking up blue votes, until the failed roll-out of Obamacare....

As Demographics Shift, Democrats Look to Win the South | The Fiscal Times

Who said the GOP was supposed to win by a huge margin? Jolly is an unknown who ran against the former CFO of Florida.

It was a big step down to have Sink run in a local race. She outraised Jolly 2.5:1.

Oh Boy !!!

Yes, considering FL. had been picking up blue votes, until the failed roll-out of Obamacare....

As Demographics Shift, Democrats Look to Win the South | The Fiscal Times

Yep. Obama carried this district in 2012.

Alex Sink, Democrats' best-known option, will run for the House in Florida special election

A. The GOP candiate was (as the article says) less than perfect. Don't know what that means.

B. The democrat had high name recognition having run for the governors spot not to long ago.

Sink won that district when she ran for governor. This in itself is troubling for the dems.

Obamacare has set the Ds back quite a distance and with former members of the administration hitting the speaking circuit, blue state finances crumbling and the lunatic D base getting brave the worst is yet to come.

Sink won that district when she ran for governor. This in itself is troubling for the dems.

Yep.

Alex Sink is running for C.W. Bill Young's congressional seat, will move to Pinellas | Tampa Bay Times

This was supposed to be a cakewalk for the Democrats. The district has trended blue and Bill Young only won before because he was the incumbent bringing home the bacon and no popular Democrat opposed him.

Good. I want gridlock so this is good news. I do think the REDDEST of the red republicans in the Senate will be coming from Ga. Paul Broun has described evolution as straight from the pits of hell LMAO...wants to eliminate the EPA,DOE,IRS etc etc...Gonna be a hilarious next few years.

Oh Boy !!!

I guess the democrats couldn't cheat their way out of this one. Obama has his crew working overtime.

So the R's could barely win in a low-Dem-turnout special election?

Good to see them drawing all the wrong conclusions from it. Makes our job so much easier.

Oh Boy !!!

I guess the democrats couldn't cheat their way out of this one. Obama has his crew working overtime.

Got any court records to prove your claim?

Oh Boy !!!

Got any court records to prove your claim?

In PC's thread on this subject, one of your own suggests that the GOP cheated. I just looked and didn't see you asking him to prove his claim. I can only assume that you're just a run of the mill liberal hypocrite. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back