🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dawkins booted attacking Islam in Berkeley.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Is it me or is this massive hypocrisy?

Dawkins was acceptable when attacking Christianity, but now is unacceptable when attacking Islam?

What gives?

Are many Liberals just hypocritical idiots?

'World's most famous atheist' booted from Berkeley because of his 'hurtful speech' on Islam - The College Fix

World’s most famous atheist’ booted from Berkeley because of his ‘hurtful speech’ on Islam
Greg Piper - Associate Editor •July 21, 2017
5906 534 Share1297 21
richard-dawkins.Albert_H._Teich.shutterstock.jpg

‘The Perpetually Offended’ score a scalp

Richard Dawkins’ biggest critics used to be conservative Christians. Now they’re Berkeley progressives who defend anything and everything Islamic.

The militant atheist, evolutionary biologist and former University of Oxford “professor for public understanding of science” was supposed to speak about his new collection of essays at a Berkeley church, sponsored by a local progressive radio station, KPFA.

Then the station learned about his tweets critical of Islam and cancelled the Aug. 9 event.

University of Chicago evolutionary biologist Jerry Coyne posted the email KPFA sent through the ticketing agency announcing the cancellation – before it informed Dawkins:

We had booked this event based entirely on his excellent new book on science, when we didn’t know he had offended and hurt – in his tweets and other comments on Islam, so many people.

KPFA does not endorse hurtful speech. While KPFA emphatically supports serious free speech, we do not support abusive speech. We apologize for not having had broader knowledge of Dawkins views much earlier.

MORE: Co-discoverer of DNA disinvited for once criticizing Africa

Dawkins told Coyne the station was daft if it thought any of his tweets were “abusive” toward Islam, saying his only “possibly” abusive tweet “this year” was about President Trump:

When I lived [in Berkeley], they were the good guys and I listened to their station almost every day. They were scrupulous in their fact-checking in those days – how sad that they have come to this …

Coyne also posted the protest letter he sent the station. He said he was “sure that some of the Perpetually Offended, with perhaps Muslims among them, complained to the radio station, and KPFA caved.”

-----this epic comedy and farce will become ALL STRAIGHTENED out--------in the end

Dawkins was acceptable when attacking Christianity, but now is unacceptable when attacking Islam?

What gives?

'World's most famous atheist' booted from Berkeley because of his 'hurtful speech' on Islam - The College Fix

World’s most famous atheist’ booted from Berkeley because of his ‘hurtful speech’ on Islam
5906 534 Share1297 21

Richard Dawkins’ biggest critics used to be conservative Christians. Now they’re Berkeley progressives who defend anything and everything Islamic.

The militant atheist, evolutionary biologist and former University of Oxford “professor for public understanding of science” was supposed to speak about his new collection of essays at a Berkeley church, sponsored by a local progressive radio station, KPFA.

Then the station learned about his tweets critical of Islam and cancelled the Aug. 9 event.

University of Chicago evolutionary biologist Jerry Coyne posted the email KPFA sent through the ticketing agency announcing the cancellation – before it informed Dawkins:

We had booked this event based entirely on his excellent new book on science, when we didn’t know he had offended and hurt – in his tweets and other comments on Islam, so many people.

KPFA does not endorse hurtful speech. While KPFA emphatically supports serious free speech, we do not support abusive speech. We apologize for not having had broader knowledge of Dawkins views much earlier.

Dawkins told Coyne the station was daft if it thought any of his tweets were “abusive” toward Islam, saying his only “possibly” abusive tweet “this year” was about President Trump:

When I lived [in Berkeley], they were the good guys and I listened to their station almost every day. They were scrupulous in their fact-checking in those days – how sad that they have come to this …

Coyne also posted the protest letter he sent the station. He said he was “sure that some of the Perpetually Offended, with perhaps Muslims among them, complained to the radio station, and KPFA caved.”

That he tried to pander to them, by denying that he has said anything "offensive" about Islam, just about TRump, shows that he is part of the problem.

And yes, libs are that fucking hypocritical.

While Islam is another fake religion full of old, stupid beliefs, I think there's more at play here than defending Islam as a religion.

Musims are a tiny fraction of this country's population, and they are under heavy assault from powerful people, including the hugely powerful religious right. Meanwhile Christianity is a powerhouse and a big percentage of population, and they have succeeded in getting a lot of their beliefs written into law. If Planned Parenthood shutters its doors, it won't be because of Muslims.

In this country the religious right and Christianity are bullies, while Muslims are currently victims. I think the school doesn't want to pile on more harm against them.

While Islam is another fake religion full of old, stupid beliefs, I think there's more at play here than defending Islam as a religion.

Musims are a tiny fraction of this country's population, and they are under heavy assault from powerful people, including the hugely powerful religious right. Meanwhile Christianity is a powerhouse and a big percentage of population, and they have succeeded in getting a lot of their beliefs written into law. If Planned Parenthood shutters its doors, it won't be because of Muslims.

In this country the religious right and Christianity are bullies, while Muslims are currently victims. I think the school doesn't want to pile on more harm against them.

Meanwhile in the real world, this man was prevented from speaking because of fear that he might have said something politically incorrect.

You seem to be supporting that censorship.

YOu are the bad guy here.

• Banned

So are Catholics a minority, that can be victims in the U.S.A.

But, I don't see anyone bending over backwards for us.

There is plenty to criticize about how so-called Christianity functions in the world. There is at least as much to criticize about Islam as well. Accepting one while not accepting the other is unacceptable.

If Berkeley really functions this way, it will rapidly become irrelevant.

I don't care for the man but let him speak. This anti free speech crap has to end

There is plenty to criticize about how so-called Christianity functions in the world. There is at least as much to criticize about Islam as well. Accepting one while not accepting the other is unacceptable.

So called?

Some man with a penis is allowed to define his self as a women if he wants, but a Christian can't call himself a Christian and have you respect that?

Liberals: All the self awareness of a turnip.

If Berkeley really functions this way, it will rapidly become irrelevant.

No they won't. They are completely in step with modern liberalism and thus will remain completely relevant.

A week from now, you will have forgotten about this, to make room in your head for the next manufactured Trump "outrages".

What gives?

5906 534 Share1297 21

You really think Muslim and Christian are the same?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

What gives?

5906 534 Share1297 21

You really think Muslim and Christian are the same?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Where did I say that?

But, there's certainly no equality between how Christians, and Muslims are perceived in many Academia institutions.

Muslims are victims? :lmao:

What gives?

5906 534 Share1297 21

I correctly predicted many years ago that the left is all in with Islam. Despite the obvious fact that its beliefs and values are completely contrary to the progressives' alleged values and beliefs. I say "alleged" because their actual Agenda has nothing to do with things like "women's rights" or "gay rights". Their real Agenda is the destruction of white Christian culture and capitalism. They use such causes to help their Agenda, but Islam helps their Agenda even more so than any other "minority group". They know supporting Muslims and flooding Western countries with Muslims will help destroy Christian culture, as Islam has a 1400 year history of obliterating every culture it interacts with. So even though Dawkins is the poster boy atheist/Darwinist and Christian hater, they will throw him under the bus if given the choice between him and Islam.

One day that sick cult is going to turn on the bed wetters, fuck them like the sheep they are then kill them.

I won't lift a finger to help.

Forum List

Back