Day ONE post apocalypse. What have you had to endure?

I don't think most of the opposition to gay marriage is about homophobia. There are other issues at stake. My issue is that it should be a matter for the states to decide. You may disagree but that doesn't make me a homophobe if I oppose the SC's ruling. It's also legitimate to oppose gay marriage if you believe that the institution of marriage will be diminished by it. Doesn't mean you're homophobic if you take that position. A lot of people think marriage is about procreation and to give the children a stable environment. That doesn't make you a homophobe. There are legitimate differences and we should respect all of them as long as they're not based on hate or the desire to force your will on others.
I never called anyone a homophobe. I just think the level of hysteria is a bit over the top, don't you?
It is possible to be anti gay marriage & still be rational & level headed at the same time.

All the threads make it appear as if the sky is falling and life as we know it will end.
You didn't have to, it's there in the sarcasm of the post. The OP suggests that all opposition is homophobic. If you think it's possible to be against gay marriage and not be homophobic, give me an example of an argument you would accept as rational and level headed.
I think you're missing the point of the thread. Rational arguments were heard and dismissed. Unless you know a secret way to undo what's been done then I submit it is time to move on and not let this topic sink the GOP further into oblivion with the voters.

And I get that the GOP won the midterms with voters but those same voters elected Obama only two years earlier. I would submit that the people want congress to tamp down their spending & Hyperbole as evidenced by the midterms. BUT I would also submit that those same voters don't have the same hardline feelings about social issues otherwise Obama would not have been reelected.
We MUST find a way to counter the social issues that the left promotes and rehashing adjudicated issues is not the answer.
I'd like you to answer my question and give me an example of an argument that you would consider rational and level headed.

I don't think most of the opposition to gay marriage is about homophobia. There are other issues at stake. My issue is that it should be a matter for the states to decide. You may disagree but that doesn't make me a homophobe if I oppose the SC's ruling. It's also legitimate to oppose gay marriage if you believe that the institution of marriage will be diminished by it. Doesn't mean you're homophobic if you take that position. A lot of people think marriage is about procreation and to give the children a stable environment. That doesn't make you a homophobe. There are legitimate differences and we should respect all of them as long as they're not based on hate or the desire to force your will on others.
The entire opposition to Marriage equality is difficult to explain without bigotry and narrow religious orthodoxy neither of which should be respected in any way by the law. A marriage is nothing except a legal construct, it is up to the people getting married to diminish it or glorify it and make of it what they will. Jealousy, infidelity, dishonesty, distrust, money or the lack of it, sex or the lack of it, these are the things that diminish marriage, not if the two guys next door are married.
For YOU, maybe.
For anyone. Try it without resorting to the same arguments of religion or traditional values.

Why would anyone who is NOT gay even bother to have an opinion on the issue...???
If you are not "LGBT" the ruling has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on your day to day life or your future well being..!!
IMNSFHO, the vast majority of opposition to this ruling is definitely homophobia based.....Why else would one care about a ruling that doesn't have even the slightest effect upon them..??
Change & deviation from tradition. Homophobia is not a factor in that. Your argument would mean half the country is homophobic & that is asinine

Why would anyone who is NOT gay even bother to have an opinion on the issue...???
If you are not "LGBT" the ruling has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on your day to day life or your future well being..!!
IMNSFHO, the vast majority of opposition to this ruling is definitely homophobia based.....Why else would one care about a ruling that doesn't have even the slightest effect upon them..??
That's what non Jews said in Nazi Germany in 1939.

The entire opposition to Marriage equality is difficult to explain without bigotry and narrow religious orthodoxy neither of which should be respected in any way by the law. A marriage is nothing except a legal construct, it is up to the people getting married to diminish it or glorify it and make of it what they will. Jealousy, infidelity, dishonesty, distrust, money or the lack of it, sex or the lack of it, these are the things that diminish marriage, not if the two guys next door are married.
For YOU, maybe.
For anyone. Try it without resorting to the same arguments of religion or traditional values.
I already gave several. Not surprised you would dismiss all of them.

I never called anyone a homophobe. I just think the level of hysteria is a bit over the top, don't you?
It is possible to be anti gay marriage & still be rational & level headed at the same time.

All the threads make it appear as if the sky is falling and life as we know it will end.
You didn't have to, it's there in the sarcasm of the post. The OP suggests that all opposition is homophobic. If you think it's possible to be against gay marriage and not be homophobic, give me an example of an argument you would accept as rational and level headed.
I think you're missing the point of the thread. Rational arguments were heard and dismissed. Unless you know a secret way to undo what's been done then I submit it is time to move on and not let this topic sink the GOP further into oblivion with the voters.

And I get that the GOP won the midterms with voters but those same voters elected Obama only two years earlier. I would submit that the people want congress to tamp down their spending & Hyperbole as evidenced by the midterms. BUT I would also submit that those same voters don't have the same hardline feelings about social issues otherwise Obama would not have been reelected.
We MUST find a way to counter the social issues that the left promotes and rehashing adjudicated issues is not the answer.
I'd like you to answer my question and give me an example of an argument that you would consider rational and level headed.
I already did. The argument before the court was both of those things. That argument lost. So the question becomes what is the next step?
I gave you a rational explination for what should come next, which is rare for me, but I want to win the Whitehouse & keep the Congress in 2016 and the message "the poppy heads were wrong" isn't a winning message

I already did. The argument before the court was both of those things. That argument lost. So the question becomes what is the next step?
I gave you a rational explination for what should come next, which is rare for me, but I want to win the Whitehouse & keep the Congress in 2016 and the message "the poppy heads were wrong" isn't a winning message
So no one should discuss the ruling because it's a done deal? We have to shut up about it?

For YOU, maybe.
I already gave several. Not surprised you would dismiss all of them.
All of them are traditional/personal values arguments, none of which have legal standing.

So no one should discuss the ruling because it's a done deal? We have to shut up about it?
Carrying on about Muslims killing fags is not "discussing the ruling"

And you'll find most of the right wing who say things like this will claim to be kristian.

"Day ONE post apocalypse. What have you had to endure?"

Just the usual ignorance and stupidity common to most on the right.

Boy, it sure has been a very rough couple of days for the camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, racist redneck loons. Must seem like the apocalypse for them. Their species is going extinct. Oh well, they'll probably feel a little better after a trip to the Walmart for some more Camo & Ammo. ;)

The Apocalypse will start tomorrow, when FedEx, UPS, and the Post Office start delivering those same sex spouses you never ordered.

Boy, it sure has been a very rough couple of days for the camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, racist redneck loons. Must seem like the apocalypse for them. Their species is going extinct. Oh well, they'll probably feel a little better after a trip to the Walmart for some more Camo & Ammo. ;)
Have you been to Walmart lately?
crazy-walmart-fashion11.jpg

Forum List

Back