Daydream Bazaar (USA): Acid

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Because America is a multi-cultural society, Hollywood (USA) makes movies that appeal to a wide audience.

Movie-goers in the USA expect various levels of evocation and entertainment at the local movie theater or drive-in (and these days on Netflix).

Such an awesome achievement brings with it unusual responsibilities, but sometimes Hollywood (USA) movies such as "American Psycho" (2000) speak to sensibilities about the angst associated with capitalism and democracy labor in the USA.

The dramatic Christian Bible suggests that at the time of the ominous apocalypse, the prophetic AntiChrist, the confounding harlot of Babylon, and the brutish manslayer will rise to social power to seduce humanity away from civics.

If this proverbial nihilistic army of darkness does impose a challenge to American sensitivity towards lifestyle complacency, then perhaps the daydream landscape of Hollywood (USA) movies will serve as a metaphoric backdrop for a consumerism 'stand.'

:doubt:

Because America is a multi-cultural society, Hollywood (USA) makes movies that appeal to a wide audience.

Movie-goers in the USA expect various levels of evocation and entertainment at the local movie theater or drive-in (and these days on Netflix).

Such an awesome achievement brings with it unusual responsibilities, but sometimes Hollywood (USA) movies such as "American Psycho" (2000) speak to sensibilities about the angst associated with capitalism and democracy labor in the USA.

The dramatic Christian Bible suggests that at the time of the ominous apocalypse, the prophetic AntiChrist, the confounding harlot of Babylon, and the brutish manslayer will rise to social power to seduce humanity away from civics.

If this proverbial nihilistic army of darkness does impose a challenge to American sensitivity towards lifestyle complacency, then perhaps the daydream landscape of Hollywood (USA) movies will serve as a metaphoric backdrop for a consumerism 'stand.'

:doubt:

Or.... Hollywood is merely a mirror held up to society demonstrating a moral evolution. An evolution in which we question old standards of behavior finally begin to understand that Jesus was right, it is more important how we treat each other than what we are.

Or not.

Hollywood films are a mirror for the agenda that is being set forth against Christianity in the world. Jesus never taught that it is more important how we treat each other than what we are. Jesus taught that how we treat each other "defines" what we are. By their fruits ye shall know them. What are the fruits of Hollywood? Paedophilia, perversion, calling evil good and good evil, idolatry, occult, hatred of God, false accusations and misrepresentations against Gods elect ( Christians ) etc. There is one solution to Hollywood and its' lies. Expose it for what it is. A pack of lies.

Hollywood films are a mirror for the agenda that is being set forth against Christianity in the world. Jesus never taught that it is more important how we treat each other than what we are. Jesus taught that how we treat each other "defines" what we are. By their fruits ye shall know them. What are the fruits of Hollywood? Paedophilia, perversion, calling evil good and good evil, idolatry, occult, hatred of God, false accusations and misrepresentations against Gods elect ( Christians ) etc. There is one solution to Hollywood and its' lies. Expose it for what it is. A pack of lies.

what a crock of shit. I have met some religious people who are by far more perverse and insane than any ever portrayed in movies. If anything Hollywood has been too kind.

You worship a man as if he was a god, you are an idolator. You call evil good and good evil.

You are such a hypocrite.

Blame it on the movies.....

Hobelim, your own words betray you for what you are. It is written: Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Truthfully, I find it a righteous thing that God would choose the Assyrians / Chaldeans to destroy the wicked out of a land under judgment. Maybe after God cleanses the land, this nation will return to its senses and seek God instead of emulating the filth of Hollywood. ( since it will no longer exist ) This is not what God calls freedom. This is what He calls bondage and you're into it up to your neck. Wake up.

Hobelim, your own words betray you for what you are. It is written: Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Truthfully, I find it a righteous thing that God would choose the Assyrians / Chaldeans to destroy the wicked out of a land under judgment. Maybe after God cleanses the land, this nation will return to its senses and seek God instead of emulating the filth of Hollywood. ( since it will no longer exist ) This is not what God calls freedom. This is what He calls bondage and you're into it up to your neck. Wake up.

You are what you is Jeremiah, a hypocrite who worships a man as if he was a god and tries to blame the evils of the world on people who make movies that reflect the evils of the world to which you are a major contributor.

If scripture is the truth, as you profess to believe, then you died in the very day you first bowed down in deranged adoration before a false roman trinity that diddled a virgin to become a man and are under the condemnation of he who truly is God.

That's why everywhere you look you see confusion and evil. It lives within you and perverts everything you see.

You can hardly blame that on Hollywood.

what a crock of shit. I have met some religious people who are by far more perverse and insane than any ever portrayed in movies. If anything Hollywood has been too kind.

You worship a man as if he was a god, you are an idolator. You call evil good and good evil.

Not just Jeremiah.

The OP is pretty ridiculous.

When did god believers get to such drama queens? Or have they always gone all to pieces over NOTHING?

Jesus said, If you deny men before men, I'll deny you before the Father. That is your choice, Hobelim, but do not think I'm going to permit your root of bitterness to defile others when I have the power of all heaven behind me to stop it. I'm a Luke 10:19 Believer which gives me ALL authority, and ALL power over the spirits operating in you and indeed all power over the one who has blinded your eyes and mind from seeing the truth that is right in front of you.

If you cannot read between the lines of this OP, Luddly then you are not getting the message. Not that it matters because in the end analysis? Hollywood will be remembered as the tool which Satan used to defile much of America and bring down God's judgment. It glorified that which it should have been ashamed of. Idols and all! It will all burn and turn to ashes one day. Just as Sodom and Gomorrah did. No drama. Just fact.

Jesus said, If you deny men before men, I'll deny you before the Father. That is your choice, Hobelim, but do not think I'm going to permit your root of bitterness to defile others when I have the power of all heaven behind me to stop it. I'm a Luke 10:19 Believer which gives me ALL authority, and ALL power over the spirits operating in you and indeed all power over the one who has blinded your eyes and mind from seeing the truth that is right in front of you.

You understand neither scripture nor the power of God.

You have absolutely no authority or power over anything.

You are an idolator, you openly perpetuate the evil of rebellion against God by teaching to worship a false trinity that became a man, and you openly teach others to set aside the law of God and do the same which amounts to murder since the consequence is death, the death you so perfectly display in your inability to perceive the evil of your deliberate sin and as a consequence have done absolutely nothing to save your soul from destruction.

What other people do for entertainment should be the least of your concerns....

Not just Jeremiah.

The OP is pretty ridiculous.

When did god believers get to such drama queens? Or have they always gone all to pieces over NOTHING?

Phew, Yes, ridiculous.

For a minute I thought that my intergalactic translator was malfunctioning.....

Hobelim, you continually expose what is in you by your own words. It is you that have not understood the scriptures and have denied the power of God. You are one like Paul spoke of having a "form of godliness but denying the power therein". That is why you continually twist the scriptures. You're mind is darkened. ( reprobate mind - Romans 1 ) Repent.

I just don't take fiction all that seriously.

And, movies AND the bible/religion are fiction.

Actually, Jesus did say it was more important how we treat each other. That is what is meant by "fruits". His entire message was about how we treat each other. But I admit, meeting that standard is hard. Much easier to call him God and ignore the rest because you're saved. That way you can treat people badly and judge all you like.

Hobelim, you continually expose what is in you by your own words. It is you that have not understood the scriptures and have denied the power of God. You are one like Paul spoke of having a "form of godliness but denying the power therein". That is why you continually twist the scriptures. You're mind is darkened. ( reprobate mind - Romans 1 ) Repent.

No Jeremiah.

Its the zombie apocalypse, and you are one of them.

Actually, Jesus did say it was more important how we treat each other. That is what is meant by "fruits". His entire message was about how we treat each other. But I admit, meeting that standard is hard. Much easier to call him God and ignore the rest because you're saved. That way you can treat people badly and judge all you like.

Give me scripture and verse. You're wrong. Jesus said, If you love him? You'll keep his commandments. Many will say Lord, Lord! In that day and they will not enter in. We are to speak out against evil most certainly. To remain silent is to come into agreement with evil. You need to read the bible and learn how to take in the "full counsel of God" so you can know what Jesus deems most important, Prachett. Speaking truth IS Calvary Love.

Give me scripture and verse. You're wrong. Jesus said, If you love him? You'll keep his commandments. Many will say Lord, Lord! In that day and they will not enter in. We are to speak out against evil most certainly. To remain silent is to come into agreement with evil. You need to read the bible and learn how to take in the "full counsel of God" so you can know what Jesus deems most important, Prachett. Speaking truth IS Calvary Love.

I have read the Bible. I think the difference between us is that I read it, not read into it. I did not attempt to "interpret" it. I simply took what Jesus said on its face, no matter how difficult it might be. Of course, I am not burdened by the problem of thinking Jesus was a god. He was a man. A great teacher, but a man nonetheless. So, for me anyway, his teachings are what is important. I get that for you they are at best a weak second.

However, since you need scripture... From Matthew

[34] Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed
of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation
of the world;
[35] for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave
me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
[36] I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I
was in prison and you came to me.'
[37] Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee
hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?
[38] And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and
clothe thee?
[39] And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'
[40] And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it
to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'
[41] Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you
cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;
[42] for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you
gave me no drink,
[43] I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not
clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
[44] Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or
thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not
minister to thee?'
[45] Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not
to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'
[46] And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous
into eternal life."

It is you that have not understood the scriptures and have denied the power of God.

I just love it when someone expects everyone to believe their scripture is THE scripture. There are many conflicting scriptures so most people in the world are obviously wrong in what they believe but everyone is convinced what they believe is truth.

Jesus himself is quoted as saying: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

If I was a believer I'd be worried I was one of the deceived bound for Hell.

I have read the Bible. I think the difference between us is that I read it, not read into it. I did not attempt to "interpret" it. I simply took what Jesus said on its face, no matter how difficult it might be. Of course, I am not burdened by the problem of thinking Jesus was a god. He was a man. A great teacher, but a man nonetheless. So, for me anyway, his teachings are what is important. I get that for you they are at best a weak second.

However, since you need scripture... From Matthew

[34] Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed
of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation
of the world;
[35] for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave
me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
[36] I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I
was in prison and you came to me.'
[37] Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee
hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?
[38] And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and
clothe thee?
[39] And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'
[40] And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it
to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'
[41] Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you
cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;
[42] for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you
gave me no drink,
[43] I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not
clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
[44] Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or
thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not
minister to thee?'
[45] Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not
to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'
[46] And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous
into eternal life."

BTW.... Just as a side note. After reading the above passage one might wonder what Jesus' reaction would be to the current position of the Christian right on the food stamp program.

I have read the Bible. I think the difference between us is that I read it, not read into it. I did not attempt to "interpret" it. I simply took what Jesus said on its face, no matter how difficult it might be. Of course, I am not burdened by the problem of thinking Jesus was a god. He was a man. A great teacher, but a man nonetheless. So, for me anyway, his teachings are what is important.

It is impossible to read what Jesus said and not try to interpret it beyond its face value especially when he said things like, "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure buried in a field," or as in John 16:25 he said, "Till now I have been using figures of speech." which means everything he said before about bread from heaven, eat my flesh, the blind seeing, the deaf hearing, the dead coming to life, etc., was not literal and requires a rational thoughtful interpretation that may have nothing whatever to do with the literal meaning of the words he used......

If you do not do this it is impossible to understand what Jesus meant by the things he said much less understand what the stories are even about.

Forum List

Back