DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

And our country should adopt a fair and reasonable Minumum Wage for its People. Our current Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment to the rest of the civilized developed world. We are the wealthiest nation on earth, no? We can certainly do better. Time to help our Workers out. We can and should do it.

So, anyone who wants to work for less than your idea of the minimum has to sit on the bench, eh?

Yes.
why are you against welfare earners working for their money? What is it you feel that obligates them to sit on their asses?

And our country should adopt a fair and reasonable Minumum Wage for its People. Our current Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment to the rest of the civilized developed world. We are the wealthiest nation on earth, no? We can certainly do better. Time to help our Workers out. We can and should do it.

So, anyone who wants to work for less than your idea of the minimum has to sit on the bench, eh?

Yes.
why are you against welfare earners working for their money? What is it you feel that obligates them to sit on their asses?
Huh? Are you referring to another thread or something?
well you had to be in the other conversation maybe.

Yes.
Huh? Are you referring to another thread or something?
well you had to be in the other conversation maybe.
N/m , I misread.

And you morons called it mob rule and opposed the "will of the people" when it happened. If a court strikes down the will of the people who voted for something, that court isn't upholding the will of the people but the will of their ideology.

Should the Court have the power to rule on constitutionality or not?

So the will of the people doesn't matter? I thought you said it did earlier. I guess that only matters when it's your will the people want.

Are you nuts? We've won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. In 2000 Bush's brother Jeb and Jeb's concubine Katherine Harris stole the election by cooking the books in Jeb's state(FL). I wouldn't trust a Republican in the shit house with a muzzle on.

You were running? What office?

If you're claiming illegal activity went on, prove it or STFU.

I wouldn't piss on a Democrat if he/she was on fire to put them out unless I could piss gasoline.

Illegal is in the eyes of the beholder. A close friend of mine was assigned to the Boca Raton area working for a third party maintenance group and they were called to fix the machines which were "hanging chad." He said he did not see the first punched card which had been disqualified that a person couldn't positively identify the intentions of the voter and that nearly all of the "disqualified" votes were obviously Democrat. I wouldn't trust a goddam right wing tax cutter in the shithouse with a muzzle on. Jeb Bush and his concubine Katherine Harris stole that election for George Bush......PERIOD! Al Gore got over half a million more votes nation wide than George Bush. Damn strange coincidence that Jeb was the governor and without Florida Gore would have won. That whole goddam rat race, both state and supreme court on a vote of 5-4 in favor of Republicans gave it to the tax cutting, war mongering idiot!

Illegal is in the eye of the law. You don't get to call something illegal and it be so because you say so.

If you make the claim, provide the proof and one of you asshole friends saying so isn't proof.

Don't like the results. Too fucking bad. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it but whine like the little bitch you are.

So the will of the people doesn't matter? I thought you said it did earlier. I guess that only matters when it's your will the people want.

Most of the time when "We the People" is invoked, it's actually referring to the will of the government, the people be damned.
People like NYCarbineer talk about the will of the people until that will is something they oppose. That's when they get some group of judges, based on ideology rather than constitutionality, to overrule. However, when their will is the majority, they call attempt to have it overruled as hateful, bigoted, or any other code word.

To truly respect the will of the all of the people, and not just the majority, we must preserve the freedom of everyone to act on their will.

You can't govern by the will of all the People. That's idiocy.

That's the way you said this country was run through a representative democracy.

Are you nuts? We've won the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. In 2000 Bush's brother Jeb and Jeb's concubine Katherine Harris stole the election by cooking the books in Jeb's state(FL). I wouldn't trust a Republican in the shit house with a muzzle on.

I wouldn't piss on a Democrat if he/she was on fire to put them out unless I could piss gasoline.

Illegal is in the eyes of the beholder. A close friend of mine was assigned to the Boca Raton area working for a third party maintenance group and they were called to fix the machines which were "hanging chad." He said he did not see the first punched card which had been disqualified that a person couldn't positively identify the intentions of the voter and that nearly all of the "disqualified" votes were obviously Democrat. I wouldn't trust a goddam right wing tax cutter in the shithouse with a muzzle on. Jeb Bush and his concubine Katherine Harris stole that election for George Bush......PERIOD! Al Gore got over half a million more votes nation wide than George Bush. Damn strange coincidence that Jeb was the governor and without Florida Gore would have won. That whole goddam rat race, both state and supreme court on a vote of 5-4 in favor of Republicans gave it to the tax cutting, war mongering idiot!

Illegal is in the eye of the law. You don't get to call something illegal and it be so because you say so.

If you make the claim, provide the proof and one of you asshole friends saying so isn't proof.

Don't like the results. Too fucking bad. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it but whine like the little bitch you are.
the supreme court agreed with you.

Funny how they hang on the supreme court for roe vs wade and hate it because of the hanging chads. I do laugh hard at them.

the supreme court agreed with you.

Funny how they hang on the supreme court for roe vs wade and hate it because of the hanging chads. I do laugh hard at them.

They chastise the Supreme Court when the decision is something they don't like. However, they grab ankles and take one when it does.

Most of the time when "We the People" is invoked, it's actually referring to the will of the government, the people be damned.
People like NYCarbineer talk about the will of the people until that will is something they oppose. That's when they get some group of judges, based on ideology rather than constitutionality, to overrule. However, when their will is the majority, they call attempt to have it overruled as hateful, bigoted, or any other code word.

To truly respect the will of the all of the people, and not just the majority, we must preserve the freedom of everyone to act on their will.

You can't govern by the will of all the People. That's idiocy.

Exactly. Government inevitably steps on the will of the people.

You guys do know that there are other factors that could go into justifying/keeping a franchise store open.

For instance, some franchise uses a minimum profit scale. If the store can not meet or surpass the minimum profit range, then it is considered a burden despite the fact that it is the only store in a city or that it is still making a profit.

Funny thing, it is not uncommon for HQ to recalculate the minimum profit and justify reopening a store a few years later.

Know this, it is possible that the top 10% percent of profittable stores also are the reason why the minimum profit is at the level it is. A very bad use of financial stats that can be utilized for other reasons.

You guys do know that there are other factors that could go into justifying/keeping a franchise store open.

For instance, some franchise uses a minimum profit scale. If the store can not meet or surpass the minimum profit range, then it is considered a burden despite the fact that it is the only store in a city or that it is still making a profit.

Funny thing, it is not uncommon for HQ to recalculate the minimum profit and justify reopening a store a few years later.

Know this, it is possible that the top 10% percent of profittable stores also are the reason why the minimum profit is at the level it is. A very bad use of financial stats that can be utilized for other reasons.
You need to explain that to all the Walmart haters on this site. Many have posted a link to an article showing where over 150 Walmart stores are closing soon. What they fail to mention, making what they say disingenuous, is that Walmart has plans to open very near that many in 2017.

You clearly know that ending public education would be idiocy.

I know the opposite. It would remove from government (and from the banksters who pull it's levers) the ability to indoctrinate compliant soldiers and serfs to do its bidding.

And the poor would do without. We in the civilized world don't want that. That's why your kind will never rule.
that's why your solution will always ensure poor people are suppressed. You love it that they are, you can't keep them there long enough.

BTW, that isn't civilized.

It's oppressive to poor kids to offer them a basic education regardless of their ability to pay?

How does that oppress the poor?
it isn't just poor kids fool. It is all of americans the right to an education funded by the people. It is not a right to get welfare. And as I already pointed out, your way ensures they stay there, which is not civilized. next?

Education provided regardless of the ability to pay is welfare.

You need to explain that to all the Walmart haters on this site. Many have posted a link to an article showing where over 150 Walmart stores are closing soon. What they fail to mention, making what they say disingenuous, is that Walmart has plans to open very near that many in 2017.

How many are they opening in states with a minimum wage above the federal minimum?

Yes.

I would like the US to be a civilized society.

I know the opposite. It would remove from government (and from the banksters who pull it's levers) the ability to indoctrinate compliant soldiers and serfs to do its bidding.

And the poor would do without. We in the civilized world don't want that. That's why your kind will never rule.
that's why your solution will always ensure poor people are suppressed. You love it that they are, you can't keep them there long enough.

BTW, that isn't civilized.

It's oppressive to poor kids to offer them a basic education regardless of their ability to pay?

How does that oppress the poor?
it isn't just poor kids fool. It is all of americans the right to an education funded by the people. It is not a right to get welfare. And as I already pointed out, your way ensures they stay there, which is not civilized. next?

Education provided regardless of the ability to pay is welfare.
It is? hmmm got some document that actually calls it welfare?

Yes.

I would like the US to be a civilized society.
your way isn't achieving that goal.

How many are they opening in states with a minimum wage above the federal minimum?

Irrelevant.

I've already proven you wrong on your claim of almost all closings were in southern states. Haven't you been embarrassed enough. Guess not.

Irrelevant.

I've already proven you wrong on your claim of almost all closings were in southern states. Haven't you been embarrassed enough. Guess not.
they don't mind getting hit in the face with chimpanzee pooh.

They fail in minimum wage and don't care.

Irrelevant.

they don't mind getting hit in the face with chimpanzee pooh.

Most of the time it's their own they're throwing. Then they wonder why everything smells like shit.

This is all a fairytale. Walmart over built. They built their stores too close together. They can do the same sales without these stores and reduce the workforce at the same time. Don't read something into this that isn't there.

Forum List

Back