Decline of the American Empire

America is doing just fine.

Did You Know...

The United States is the world's largest manufacturing economy, producing 21 percent of global manufactured products. China is second at 15 percent and Japan is third at 12 percent. 1

U.S. manufacturing produces $1.7 trillion of value each year, or 11.7 percent of U.S. GDP. For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.35 is added to the economy. 2

Manufacturing supports an estimated 17 million jobs in the U.S.—about one in six private sector jobs. 3 Nearly 12 million Americans (or 9 percent of the workforce) are employed directly in manufacturing. 4

In 2010, the average U.S. manufacturing worker earned $77,186 annually, including pay and benefits. The average worker in all industries earned $56,436 annually. 5

U.S. manufacturers are the most productive workers in the world—far surpassing the worker productivity of any other major manufacturing economy, leading to higher wages and living standards.

U.S. manufacturers perform two-thirds of all private sector R&D in the nation, driving more innovation than any other sector. 6

Taken alone, U.S. Manufacturing would be the 9th largest economy in the world. 7

For more details, read the full report The Facts About Modern Manufacturing.
Facts About Manufacturing, Manufacturing Strategy - National Association of Manufacturers - Manufacturing Association

Of course. But I just want to see how many pseudo-cons agree with Noam now.....

America is doing just fine.

Did You Know...

The United States is the world's largest manufacturing economy, producing 21 percent of global manufactured products. China is second at 15 percent and Japan is third at 12 percent. 1

U.S. manufacturing produces $1.7 trillion of value each year, or 11.7 percent of U.S. GDP. For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.35 is added to the economy. 2

Manufacturing supports an estimated 17 million jobs in the U.S.—about one in six private sector jobs. 3 Nearly 12 million Americans (or 9 percent of the workforce) are employed directly in manufacturing. 4

In 2010, the average U.S. manufacturing worker earned $77,186 annually, including pay and benefits. The average worker in all industries earned $56,436 annually. 5

U.S. manufacturers are the most productive workers in the world—far surpassing the worker productivity of any other major manufacturing economy, leading to higher wages and living standards.

U.S. manufacturers perform two-thirds of all private sector R&D in the nation, driving more innovation than any other sector. 6

Taken alone, U.S. Manufacturing would be the 9th largest economy in the world. 7

For more details, read the full report The Facts About Modern Manufacturing.
Facts About Manufacturing, Manufacturing Strategy - National Association of Manufacturers - Manufacturing Association

11 Incredible Weapons That Only America Has

I view America as a stopgap entity which holds back for better or worse the global tidal level of absolute anarchy. When or if America falls, her collapse will be rapid and violent. The moment Her stopgap capability slips far enough to be peceived by other world powers, the jackals will pounce and rive. Stated less dramatically, I think that as long as the illusion of American global dominance passes international scrutiny, She will stand against most external threats. Domestic read internal threats are a different set of problems but I think our house of cards will remain intact for some time to come.

I couldn't disagree more, with virtually everything you wrote.

We will not go out with a bang, but will slowly fade with a whimper. There will be no anarchy, as near-global dictatorship (benevolent or not) replaces the nation-states. America will continue to send our children to die in foreign wars; wearing blue helmets or the uniform of the global overlords. We will continue to decline, as we have for the last four years. Our livelihoods and our liberty rotting away, bit by bit. Just as is that case with the old USSR and China, 99% of wealth will be concentrated in the hands of a tiny elite. American, Guatemala, Laos, or Nigeria, it will make no difference. The masses will serve the same masters and get the same scraps.

An extensive group of states or countries ruled by a single supreme authority, especially an emperor or empress.

So, like Puerto Rico, Guam, The Solomons, Virgin Islands under the thumb of the ruler in Washington D.C.?

Hey, we can quell any dissent by sending our legions, staffed as they are by Mexican nationals....

Hail Obama!

Asians, Hindus, & Arabs.

:confused:

Japanese tend to be very hard workers and value education. I don't mean to stereotype, but this one holds pretty true.

Chinese are a more mixed bag, with a great deal of cheating and plagiarism in the academic realm, but still strive for an education and business success.

Koreans and Vietnamese not only work and seek an education, they have integrated into American society, with virtually all second generation speaking English and interspersing into the general population.

I don't understand your statement.

Multiple fatuous posts, especially when combined with hostility, are indicative of an individual in need of therapy.

None of them are "under the thumb" of a "ruler." I'm sure you know how our representation works better than that.

All of these fall under the American Empire as occupied territory. Even by the most off-putting of definitions, we are without question an empire.

We should not be, but we absolutely are.

They most certainly do not, and we are absolutely not an empire by any reasonable definition. It is mere hyperbole - and of the sort used by the farthest chomksiesc left.

Who would that be?

Asians, Hindus, & Arabs.

They just come in and kick their feet up, huh? You are monumentally stupid, kid.

Indeed stupid. they damn sure don't come to the ghetto, sumbitch.

How do YOU explain that since you been hating on my own personal thorough analysis of the sistuation?

You think they just come over here with just a Asian to English translation book and just come up because they are just soooo smart and genius from birth and love to grind? gtfoh

Don't be stupid just because you can. It's not a good look.

Forum List

Back