Deep Cover Spies...Why is this coming up again?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Some of you may watch the TV show called The Americans. The show roughly fictionalizes the themes of the Foley-Heathfield story. That was over a lustrum ago. Tonight, CNN's season two premiere of Declassified: Untold Stories of American Spies, hosted/narrated by Mike Rogers is going to presumably cover the topic.

The question in my mind is "why now." Whatever the reason, I just hope it doesn't catalyze a wave of espionage-based speculation about one or several objects of the "Russia" investigation. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible that one or several of the key players is a "deep cover" plant, but that possibility notwithstanding, there's not going to for a very long time be any publicly available details about such a thing; thus there's just no point in such types of speculation.

Curiously, however, the legislation Congress is considering to constrain Trump's unilateral authority to ease the sanctions on Russia seem circumstantially to hint that such a thing may indeed be among the things going on. Truly, in some ways, this whole "Russia" thing is starting to bear out the veracity of the saying "truth is stranger than fiction," for never in a million years would I have thought we'd even be in the situation we are, to say nothing of there conceivably being even more intrigue to it.

Certainly, the Trump saga, if it were fiction, would make a very good B-grade movie.
I'm so glad he sacked Comey, and set Mueller on his case.
And now he's warned Mueller to stay away from his financial deals!
What a fucking idiot!

Forum List

Back