Why inflation may persist

Exactly! It's not an increase in the general price level if you have no money and you go without.

and yet that is what has been happening for the last few years....I guess you think there was no inflation over the last few years.

I am sure Biden will agree with you.

and yet that is what has been happening for the last few years....I guess you think there was no inflation over the last few years.

I am sure Biden will agree with you.

Yes, the general price level has been rising the last few years, but not because of tariffs.

Yes, the general price level has been rising the last few years, but not because of tariffs.

Indeed, as the tariffs had stabilized since Biden kept the Trump tariffs (both sides just fucking love tariffs) .

But now Trump is talking about making tariffs 100%, so we will again experience a rise in prices. If it makes it happy to not call prices going up inflation, then I am happy for you!

Inflation by definition is the expansion of the supply of currency and credit which, by default, results in a loss of purchasing power.

Anything else (like this whole thread so far) is merely consequential and after the fact.

Unfortunately, the latter seems to historically dominate dialogue and people confuse the consequences of inflation with the actual and fundamentall cause of inflation.

Just a biig old circle jerk, really...

Inflation by definition is the expansion of the supply of currency and credit which, by default, results in a loss of purchasing power.

Anything else (like this whole thread so far) is merely consequential and after the fact.

Unfortunately, the latter seems to historically dominate dialogue and people confuse the consequences of inflation with the actual and fundamentall cause of inflation.

Just a biig old circle jerk, really...

If currency and credit expands by 1% while output expands by 3%, how much is the loss of purchasing power?

We'd see fewer dairy farms, and the survivors would use more automation.

Your turn.
We would se a lot fewer farms and automation is very expensive. You would also see a further decline in rural areas as corporate farms took over.

But you would be fine with that. Get those colored people out.

We would se a lot fewer farms and automation is very expensive. You would also see a further decline in rural areas as corporate farms took over.

anything to get the brown people away from him

If we need dairy workers, I'm all in favor of a temporary work visa program.

The gloom and doom brigade will persist in gnashing their tooth, but the nation's vibrant economy is impervious to the hand-wringing of hyper-partisan ideologues. All things considered, the U.S. is doing quite well!

Elsewhere,

The gloom and doom brigade will persist in gnashing their tooth, but the nation's vibrant economy is impervious to the hand-wringing of hyper-partisan ideologues. All things considered, the U.S. is doing quite well!

Elsewhere,
What a load of bullshit. Your specialty!

Forum List

Back